November 19, 2017, 01:38:59 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195469 times)

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2000 on: June 26, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
Curious - what textbooks are you using? Some of them are awful, but most of the current wave of textbooks are pretty decent.
Chunjae book 2. They're not completely dreadful, but they could be much better. The chants are awkward, and the book doesn't really inspire the kids to think for themselves very much. Also there's a lot of wasted space, and pages with just pictures. They should at least have a vocab list and grammar explanations in each chapter. Also some of the phrases are just plain weird. I've never said "shake your body" in my life.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2001 on: June 27, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »
What a lovely rain storm yesterday.  Like proper previous raining seasons.

I went hiking before it started and wondering as I ascended the mountain why it didn't hit because the sky was dark and thundery. 'C'mon goddammit!' Then the heavens opened for the whole hour I was walking.  I was drenched.  That'll teach me to taunt the clouds with Aliens quotes.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2002 on: June 27, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
Jonah Ryan from Veep may well be the best character that's popped up on tv in the last decade or so.

I was gasping for breath last night watching the new sixth series of Veep. 

Also Roger Furlong runs a close second.  Some of the funniest cutting one liners.  Brilliant stuff. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2003 on: June 28, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
One of my favorite classes derailed for near 10 minutes because one student randomly asked what "회" was in English.  This turned into a brief informational session on "sushi" vs "sashimi" vs "makizushi" vs "kimbap" complete with googling for images for everyone to drool over.   :laugh:  There was lots of excited chattering in English so I didn't mind the delay in starting the day's lesson. 

And, we still got through the lesson with plenty of time to play a game to completion!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2004 on: June 28, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
One of my favorite classes derailed for near 10 minutes because one student randomly asked what "회" was in English.  This turned into a brief informational session on "sushi" vs "sashimi" vs "makizushi" vs "kimbap" complete with googling for images for everyone to drool over.   :laugh:  There was lots of excited chattering in English so I didn't mind the delay in starting the day's lesson. 

And, we still got through the lesson with plenty of time to play a game to completion!

So you're not very good at lesson planning and keeping time?

-Pecan

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2005 on: June 28, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »

-Pecan

Hahahahahahahaha spot on CO2
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2006 on: June 28, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »

-Pecan

Hahahahahahahaha spot on CO2

It's. too. much.  :laugh: :laugh: :P

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2007 on: June 29, 2017, 12:02:55 PM »
For whatever reason I'm really diggin this cold tea thing. Not iced tea (yuck), but leaving a few bags of tea in a pitcher of ice water is pretty nifty.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2008 on: June 29, 2017, 12:14:06 PM »
For whatever reason I'm really diggin this cold tea thing. Not iced tea (yuck), but leaving a few bags of tea in a pitcher of ice water is pretty nifty.
I did the same thing with coffee last summer before I got on the Japanese iced coffee train. Cold brew is pretty good, mellow but solid. And it lasts longer without going stale than hot brewed coffee. I had some concentrate make it four days once. Pretty nice.

Some of the more volatile elements in the ground don't extract with cold brew so there is very little acidity and it usually comes out sweeter for me. It does take like 12+ hours to steep though.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2009 on: June 29, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

There's a brand of honey in Japan that is absolutely wonderful.  You can use it as a topping for ice cream or for flavoring water or however else one might use honey. 

Sugibee.  I'm stocking up when I hit up Japan again.  There's several different flavors and when you mix it with cold water, it makes a delightfully refreshing and tasty drink.  Blueberry is my favorite by far but raspberry and the others are pretty good as well. 

This is a link to their website (it's possible to order online though shipping is rather atrocious, and I'm not sure if you can order online unless you sign up for membership in a physical store (I had to produce my passport)).  http://www.sugibeegarden.jp/category/select/cid/469

If anyone goes to Japan, I recommend stopping by one of these shops if there's a nearby location.  They give free samples of honey and honey flavored water!  I'm not even much of a fan of regular honey but I'm nuts about Sugibee honey. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:44:09 PM by yirj17 »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2010 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »

There's a brand of honey in Japan that is absolutely wonderful.  You can use it as a topping for ice cream or for flavoring water or however else one might use honey. 

Sugibee.  I'm stocking up when I hit up Japan again.  There's several different flavors and when you mix it with cold water, it makes a delightfully refreshing and tasty drink.  Blueberry is my favorite by far but raspberry and the others are pretty good as well. 

This is a link to their website (it's possible to order online though shipping is rather atrocious, and I'm not sure if you can order online unless you sign up for membership in a physical store (I had to produce my passport)).  http://www.sugibeegarden.jp/category/select/cid/469

If anyone goes to Japan, I recommend stopping by one of these shops if there's a nearby location.  They give free samples of honey and honey flavored water!  I'm not even much of a fan of regular honey but I'm nuts about Sugibee honey.
OOOOooooo! I had that honey tea one time! My super awesome school had it one day and they gave me some! Yeah that was delicious! I could go for more of that XD

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2011 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

I clicked on your link and the mango and raspberry honey sound fantastic.

gidget

« Reply #2012 on: June 30, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »
My CT has just sent me a file I made she got from Indischool and told me to take a look at it   :laugh: :laugh:

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2013 on: June 30, 2017, 03:05:40 PM »
My CT has just sent me a file I made she got from Indischool and told me to take a look at it   :laugh: :laugh:

DO tell more~~

gidget

« Reply #2014 on: July 02, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »
Nothing to tell really, just 2 minutes of a quick, circular back and forth about how that particular file looked exactly like the file I gave to my other CT but it came off Indischool, my explanation that I made it and my other CT uploaded it, and the rebuttal that it came off Indischool. The bell rang and we went to work.

I'm taking it as a compliment.

Offline jffjp

• Adventurer
« Reply #2015 on: July 03, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »
15 days left then I'm outta this bitch   :azn:

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2016 on: July 03, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
Off today because of the school's birthday.  It was so nice to stay in bed this morning, listening to the rain and knowing I didn't have to go out in it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2017 on: July 03, 2017, 02:17:05 PM »
Turns out creeper guy's last month was June!  I hope I never see him ever again! 

Plus, the new admin is female so she most likely won't be creepy toward me!  Hope she's nice.  Time will tell~

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2018 on: July 04, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »
I love that my school loves ice cream  :laugh: The art teacher just brought in some ice cream for everyone.  Poison all around~

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2019 on: July 04, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »
Turns out creeper guy's last month was June!  I hope I never see him ever again! 

Plus, the new admin is female so she most likely won't be creepy toward me!  Hope she's nice.  Time will tell~

Congratulations.

I feel kind of bad about whomever ends up with him. I know talk travels and they'll probably already have an idea of what they'll be dealing with. But no, not really, I'm sure it'll be worse than they imagined. xD

Enjoy the ice cream, celebrate in style.