September 25, 2017, 08:01:24 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 174162 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2000 on: June 02, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »
velociraptor impersonation.
Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person?

"A person is a being, such as a human, that has certain capacities or attributes constituting personhood, which in turn is defined differently by different authors in different disciplines, and by different cultures in different times and places."

We don't actually know for sure that velociraptors were not persons. The state of personhood is not clearly defined, but many agree that it isn't necessarily restricted to human beings.

Until somebody builds us a time machine and zaps a velociraptor into an auditorium where we can attempt to determine its mental capacities, we will never truly know if they were persons!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:38:42 PM by kyndo »

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2001 on: June 02, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »

Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person? I'm genuinely astounded by the shitty English I see floating around this forum.

Sorry if that's a dickish thing to say. Someone stole my Fanta from the staff fridge today - I'm out for blood.

Please move over to the ranting thread. Where you belong.

This thread is a happy thread. We like unicorns and people who impersonate dinosaurs and dinosaurs who imitate humans, and the likes. Some of us only have one happy moment in months, and then, like me they come here to share this miraculous happy moment and *BAM*, there it is all your negativity.

Your negativity has a place,
 it is where I live:http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,99098.msg707876/topicseen.html#new

You are welcome.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #2002 on: June 02, 2017, 05:44:44 PM »

Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person? I'm genuinely astounded by the shitty English I see floating around this forum.

Sorry if that's a dickish thing to say. Someone stole my Fanta from the staff fridge today - I'm out for blood.

As a velociraptor, my English isn't the best.  You are absolutely correct.  I will endeavour to never make this mistake again. 
If it makes you feel any better, I will never, ever be using the word "impersonate" with my students.

And now to do my best #basiccowboychaps impersonation-
"Fanta is poison.  You should be happy somebody stole yours.  They probably saved your life."

:P 

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2003 on: June 02, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »

This thread is a happy thread. We like unicorns and people who impersonate dinosaurs and dinosaurs who imitate humans, and the likes. Some of us only have one happy moment in months, and then, like me they come here to share this miraculous happy moment and *BAM*, there it is all your negativity.

it is where I live:http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,99098.msg707876/topicseen.html#new

You are welcome.

Waygook.org user What?What? - I... I think he was being facetious.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2004 on: June 02, 2017, 05:49:09 PM »
One of my favorite students, the one that introduced me to her Australian bf and gave me a little sushi keychain- apparently went back to Japan again and today dropped by and gave me some Japanese chocolates she bought special for me.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2005 on: June 02, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »

You are welcome.

As am I!
-A.A. Milne

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2006 on: June 02, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

You are welcome.

As am I!

Me... me too??

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2007 on: June 02, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
-A.A. Milne

Offline sfusiondj

• Adventurer
« Reply #2009 on: June 02, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »

"Fanta is poison.  You should be happy somebody stole yours.  They probably saved your life."

It was you, wasn't it?  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2010 on: June 03, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »
Good news:

"The average college graduate makes around $1 million more over her working lifetime than the average person with just a high school diploma."

http://www.insidesources.com/college-pays-off-not-like/

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2011 on: June 07, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
After the meeting with the principal (which he knowingly scheduled during my class) I got to class late, so we just played a (informational and English practicing) game. At the end, one of the students came up to me and said "Teacher, I am very happy today!" Then left.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2012 on: June 07, 2017, 05:48:33 PM »
There was a school "business" trip awhile back that was a volleyball tournament.  I went in order to leave school sooner without taking early leave.  As it turns out my school's team actually did well enough to advance to the finals so I got stuck there past the end of normal working hours  :P

Found out today I'm getting paid a bit of money for that extra time.  Baller~

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2013 on: June 07, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
I finally got a phone where I don't have to rotate it 90 degrees to access the only working part of the touch-screen left after I dropped it in the toilet.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2014 on: June 07, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »
I finally got a phone where I don't have to rotate it 90 degrees to access the only working part of the touch-screen left after I dropped it in the toilet.

If you had immediately dried it out in your microwave, you would never have had that problem!  :angel:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:19:09 PM by kyndo »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2015 on: June 09, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
The goofy teacher made a point of telling me Monday is picture day and to wear long sleeves.  Lol.  I told him I had to go to my travel school and this seemed to cause some consternation.  Then my coT called my travel school and asked about adjusting the schedule so I could be in the photos.   :azn:

I don't even like having my photo taken but it's nice that they care that I'm in it. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2016 on: June 09, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »
The goofy teacher made a point of telling me Monday is picture day and to wear long sleeves.  Lol.  I told him I had to go to my travel school and this seemed to cause some consternation.  Then my coT called my travel school and asked about adjusting the schedule so I could be in the photos.   :azn:

I don't even like having my photo taken but it's nice that they care that I'm in it.
Why long sleeves? Is that the dress code or something?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2017 on: June 09, 2017, 03:29:02 PM »

Why long sleeves? Is that the dress code or something?

I think what he meant was "formal attire" based on last year's photo dress code.  He doesn't speak much English lol

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2018 on: June 09, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »
I'm so glad I learned the colloquialism '아재'. Now I can tell dad jokes (아재개그) and own the term before the kids try to fling it at me disparagingly  :afro: :afro:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:06:45 PM by donovan »

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2019 on: June 09, 2017, 04:07:10 PM »
I'm so glad I learned the colloquialism '아재'. Now I can tell dad jokes (아재개그) and own the term before the kids try to fling it at me disparagingly  :afro: :afro:

This is beautiful. Also so accurate.

Also that model kind of looks like a Korean Alec Baldwin.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment