September 25, 2017, 07:04:49 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 174539 times)

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »
No, CoT, not every animated short film is a "Pixar movie."

Some of the animation is embarrassing.

I am petty.

That is annoying, but you're aware you're in the happy thread, right?  :wink:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2016, 01:43:34 PM »

I am petty.

Ah shit.

Gotta put a positive spin on it.

Thank god Pixar doesn't have a monopoly on animation! This lets everyone have a go at it!  ;D
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Somebody

• Super Waygook
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2016, 01:49:11 PM »

I am petty.

Ah shit.

Gotta put a positive spin on it.

Thank god Pixar doesn't have a monopoly on animation! This lets everyone have a go at it!  ;D

You brightened my day.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »
Midterms being just around the corner and all, the English Ts are running around making and correcting test questions. They usually ask me to proof-read everything and offer suggestions.

I like it because NONE of the teachers have ever given me the "Well, it's in the book so..." spiel when I pointed out that something was wrong. They also let me change questions and add some that I feel would be appropriate. Never any disagreements and they usually defer to my opinion as a native speaker. I actually feel like part of the "team". Feels good, man. Feels real good.

Nice! At the beginning of the semester, my main coT asked me to make speaking tests. She also wants me to grade the students (she'll grade as well) and then we go over each student's performance and determine their final score. It's nice to feel like my opinion matters and that we work well together as a team! I'm really happy w/both my middle school coTs, actually.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
Had my first open class today! Which was super uneventful.

Apparently the parents just wander around to whatever class they feel like observing. Only one lady dropped in and ever so briefly at that. Which is too bad, cause she missed the activities! The main activity was musical chairs and the students got really, really into it! So much so that we played it twice as long as expected!

Also, because of open class day, the schedule is all shuffled around so instead of teaching classes back to back as usual, there's breaks in between. Pretty nice for a change!

Offline Sophyra

• Adventurer
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »
Just found out that the school I teach at once a week, which I don't really like, next week will have sports day (classes cancelled) and the following week is the school's founding day (no school).

Hip-hip-hooray! :laugh:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2016, 03:00:57 PM »
The 6th graders are in an uproar because there are too many kids in each class so starting tomorrow there will be four 6th grade classes instead of three.  A couple girls spent the whole lunch period sobbing because they're going to be separated from their friends.

I felt bad for them but I was having the hardest time not laughing because they acting like they were moving to a different country or something.

Even though they're heartbroken I'm happy because the smaller class sizes will be so much easier to manage and interact with.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
I just love the Jeonse system.
I'm about to move into a much nicer apartment, and thanks to EPIK's apartment allowance, my wife and I will be earning an extra 400k per month and free internet!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2016, 03:56:20 PM »
Got free cookies today! My travel school kids made some yesterday. They're super cute animals! Ducks, frogs... and moles lol. I thought it was an earless bear but all right.

My grade 2s really got into brainstorming today! We had the entire board covered and they were still going!  ;D

For the activity (design your own store) , one of my students drew a pharmacy. I spied something very interesting so I asked what it was-- "It's snake alcohol! Very good medicine!!"  :laugh: I burst out laughing and gave him a high five

Offline Angelinkorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »
This could have gone into the ranting thread but for me being in a good mood. I have been roped in to teach some advanced classes about the awesomeness that is Europe. No probs plus extra money. So far we have done 3 countries and had great fun.

Today however I have just been told it might be"difficult" because the empty class room next door is being used to practice a dance routine. "What dance routine?" I hear you ask with bated breath. None other than that odd Dodko dance they use for flashmobs in places like Argentina where no one understands why a whole bunch of Asian kids just started  playing a midi song and then do a weird routine to it.

Normally this would piss me off but today I am going to fight fire with fire. Today's theme is Russia and Slavic countries. It's the trololo song, Kalinka and some Hopak to top it off. And my English room sound system is much better than theirs.

Bring It On 6: K-class combat.

Offline flower-power-21

• Explorer
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2016, 05:23:05 PM »
My third grader middle schoolers are making their own restaurant this week and I was very nervous for the boys.  However, one boys class did great today and worked on teamwork and creativity!

Also, it is the best when I see a kid smiling during class... makes me feel like I'm doing something right!  :laugh: tomorrow is friday!!!!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
This could have gone into the ranting thread but for me being in a good mood. I have been roped in to teach some advanced classes about the awesomeness that is Europe. No probs plus extra money. So far we have done 3 countries and had great fun.

Today however I have just been told it might be"difficult" because the empty class room next door is being used to practice a dance routine. "What dance routine?" I hear you ask with bated breath. None other than that odd Dodko dance they use for flashmobs in places like Argentina where no one understands why a whole bunch of Asian kids just started  playing a midi song and then do a weird routine to it.

Normally this would piss me off but today I am going to fight fire with fire. Today's theme is Russia and Slavic countries. It's the trololo song, Kalinka and some Hopak to top it off. And my English room sound system is much better than theirs.

Bring It On 6: K-class combat.

RIP Eduard Khil.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
On Tues. & Thurs. a handful of teachers go out to dinner with the students (nothing 'fancy' like hweshiks or anything). The teachers are on a rotation. Sometimes teachers donate their spot to me if they don't feel like going out to eat. Hey, less food I have to cook!  :laugh:

One of the teacher's has a 5 year old daughter. I can usually understand her when she talks in Korean, which is cool, hahah.

On the way home from my travel school, an old ahjumma with an adorable dog (there's another puppy now, too!) stopped me to chat. She only speaks Korean and I vaguely understood the general questions! I totally butchered my delivery of Korean in response but I can foresee practicing Korean with her in the future  :smiley:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »
First graders are on a field trip so I only have one class to teach AND IT'S FRIDAY.

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
For the first time, maybe ever since it's conception, the ranting thread is not on the front page! (for now, give it time)

Offline beeonka

• Adventurer
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
4th grade is on field trip so i have no class now! and it's friday! :]

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2016, 12:30:17 PM »
Ahhh, booking a trip for the May 5-8 long weekend was INSANE.  Almost everything was sold out and I spent 5 hours looking, but I finally booked Okinawa!

Offline west coast tatterdemalion

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
Love these exam periods..so many classes cut. I've been enjoying a nice, easy schedule lately. ;D

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »
Love these exam periods..so many classes cut. I've been enjoying a nice, easy schedule lately. ;D

Yup, me too all morning NOTHING. Life is good. Woke up feeling rested today (that's rare), nice weather and some fun weekend plans coming up. Love. It.  8)

For the first time, maybe ever since it's conception, the ranting thread is not on the front page! (for now, give it time)

It's baaaaaaack!  :wink:

Offline khalavala

• Expert Waygook
  • joecitizenhoe ask about me
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:39 PM »
Ahhh, booking a trip for the May 5-8 long weekend was INSANE.  Almost everything was sold out and I spent 5 hours looking, but I finally booked Okinawa!

Congrats, enjoy your time

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment