September 21, 2017, 09:33:48 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 172904 times)

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1960 on: May 15, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »
Lady luck was on my side today. My main school has their school anniversary on Monday and so it will be closed, however, I have a travel school I go to in the morning so I would have to teach in the morning and then go home in the afternoon. Not bad, but still cuts a potential long weekend off.
But then I get a message from my co-teacher at my travel school that I won't have classes on Monday.
Long weekend, here I come!  :laugh: :P ;D 8)

You should still be diligent and go to your other school and sit in the office.

Please do not take advantage of this situation.

Who would that benefit?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1961 on: May 15, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »
Lady luck was on my side today. My main school has their school anniversary on Monday and so it will be closed, however, I have a travel school I go to in the morning so I would have to teach in the morning and then go home in the afternoon. Not bad, but still cuts a potential long weekend off.
But then I get a message from my co-teacher at my travel school that I won't have classes on Monday.

Who would that benefit?

The children and the future of Korea.

They will sleep better knowing that their teacher is diligent.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1962 on: May 15, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »

Who would that benefit?

The children and the future of Korea.

They will sleep better knowing that their teacher is diligent.

And all of the teachers will see how diligent they are too. Also the principal.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1963 on: May 15, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »
I just got a big ol' bag of peppers for teachers day :)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1964 on: May 15, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »

김영란's going to get you.

Just kidding.

Probably not.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1965 on: May 15, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »

김영란's going to get you.

Just kidding.

Probably not.

I just finished teaching another class, came back to my desk, and now there's a second big ol' bag of peppers o.o

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1966 on: May 15, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »

김영란's going to get you.

Just kidding.

Probably not.

I just finished teaching another class, came back to my desk, and now there's a second big ol' bag of peppers o.o

Stuff 'em and bake em! (if they're bell peppers?)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1967 on: May 15, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »

김영란's going to get you.

Just kidding.

Probably not.

It's an assortment but mostly bell peppers... I don't think I've bought bell peppers in forever... I have some tortillas... Now to make something fantastic...

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1968 on: May 15, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »

김영란's going to get you.

Just kidding.

Probably not.

It's an assortment but mostly bell peppers... I don't think I've bought bell peppers in forever... I have some tortillas... Now to make something fantastic...

Oh man. That's a fantastic meal, there. Tortillas, bell peppers, and hot sauce. And some cheese if you're fancy and luxurious.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1969 on: May 16, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
Yesterday after I got back from a travel school, a student found me and delivered a cute bouquet of flowers along with a scroll.  I was pleasantly surprised to receive anything for teachers' day, and that the student wanted to personally give me the items instead of just leaving them on my desk made the gesture all the sweeter. 

The scroll contained messages from the students.  Even though most neglected to sign their names, I had a pretty good idea of which students most of the notes were from.  :laugh:

Timing couldn't have been better as I've been feeling pretty low lately.  Then today one of my elementary schoolers gave me a really cute drawing she'd made. 

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1970 on: May 16, 2017, 01:19:41 PM »
Yesterday after I got back from a travel school, a student found me and delivered a cute bouquet of flowers along with a scroll...The scroll contained messages from the students.  Even though most neglected to sign their names, I had a pretty good idea of which students most of the notes were from.  :laugh:

They call the scrolls 'rolling paper' (롤링페퍼?) here, buy the way. And yeah, I always relish in reading them. With a lot of the messages, I can tell they were a little forced, but there are always a few thoughtful students who know the right thing to say to butter up the teacher^-^

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1971 on: May 18, 2017, 06:10:58 PM »
I walked past a group of big bad-ass high school boys all staring out the window.

"What are you guys looking at?

"Teacher, dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;D ;D ;D

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1972 on: May 22, 2017, 05:13:26 PM »
Saw three 2nd grade boys sneaking what looked like their first ever smoke on the edge of the school grounds at lunch time.

The shock on their faces when I yelled "HEYGUYSWHATCHADOINGOVERTHERE?" from directly behind them was priceless and a memory I will cherish for many years to come.  :evil:

Not sure if I'm gonna report/tattle on them or not but I'm definitely gonna drop by their homeroom tomorrow to watch them squirm a little more.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1973 on: May 24, 2017, 06:18:49 PM »
A group of boys are assigned to clean my classroom/office everyday, and their homeroom teacher (who also happens to be one of my coTs) oversees their work. She's too busy to check on the adequacy of their jobs every day, though, so these boys have gotten away with being sloppy.

Anyway, earlier this morning she inspected their work and clearly wasn't happy with it. So later today when the boys came in during cleanup time, did their thing, and left to report back to her, they ended up returning to clean a second time. They were more thorough this round, and I was impressed. Didn't think middle school boys were capable of that kind of attention to detail. I figured that the coT would come to the classroom after the second round of cleaning to inspect their work afterwards.

So they left. But instead of the coT, the students returned to clean the room for a third time.

Then a fourth time.

And a fifth time. When they left to report back to her this time, the boys were all like, "See you in 5 minutes, teacher."

Sure enough, they came back for a 6th and final time.

CoT never showed her face, she just kept sending them back under the pretense that they were doing a shit job, but she probably had more of a militaristic punishment behind it.

Anyway, my classroom would only be cleaner if they'd finally strip and wax the floor tiles. It smells like cookies and coffee in my room. So nice.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #1974 on: May 24, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
Me: So, for grades 4 and 5 tomorrow (4/4 periods I teach tomorrow) we'll...........

Co-T: They have Reading Gate. I'll take them to the computer lab.

Me: Which grade?

Co-T: Both.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1975 on: May 25, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »
A group of boys are assigned to clean my classroom/office everyday, and their homeroom teacher (who also happens to be one of my coTs) oversees their work. She's too busy to check on the adequacy of their jobs every day, though, so these boys have gotten away with being sloppy.

Anyway, earlier this morning she inspected their work and clearly wasn't happy with it. So later today when the boys came in during cleanup time, did their thing, and left to report back to her, they ended up returning to clean a second time. They were more thorough this round, and I was impressed. Didn't think middle school boys were capable of that kind of attention to detail. I figured that the coT would come to the classroom after the second round of cleaning to inspect their work afterwards.

So they left. But instead of the coT, the students returned to clean the room for a third time.

Then a fourth time.

And a fifth time. When they left to report back to her this time, the boys were all like, "See you in 5 minutes, teacher."

Sure enough, they came back for a 6th and final time.

CoT never showed her face, she just kept sending them back under the pretense that they were doing a shit job, but she probably had more of a militaristic punishment behind it.

Anyway, my classroom would only be cleaner if they'd finally strip and wax the floor tiles. It smells like cookies and coffee in my room. So nice.

I remember a few years back the homeroom teacher in charge of the students who were supposed to clean my room disliked me, so instead of every day like the previous year, they were only going to do it twice a week. And those two times, they literally never, ever game, and if I messaged to remind her, she'd always say they were too busy. And the few times they did come, she sent the least responsible boy students in the class, and when they did a terrible job and I told her they should come back and probably spend more than 30 seconds, she said that they had done a good job.

SO. Yeah, I'm a little jelly of you.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #1976 on: May 26, 2017, 05:20:15 PM »
Escape room on Sunday! Me and 4 girls.
 :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1977 on: May 26, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »
Escape room on Sunday! Me and 4 girls.
 :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1978 on: May 26, 2017, 05:33:39 PM »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #1979 on: May 26, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
Hahaha, so they're going to take advantage of me and use my body for their own ends?

No problem.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment