November 24, 2017, 03:23:21 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 198661 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1960 on: June 29, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »
For whatever reason I'm really diggin this cold tea thing. Not iced tea (yuck), but leaving a few bags of tea in a pitcher of ice water is pretty nifty.

There's a brand of honey in Japan that is absolutely wonderful.  You can use it as a topping for ice cream or for flavoring water or however else one might use honey. 

Sugibee.  I'm stocking up when I hit up Japan again.  There's several different flavors and when you mix it with cold water, it makes a delightfully refreshing and tasty drink.  Blueberry is my favorite by far but raspberry and the others are pretty good as well. 

This is a link to their website (it's possible to order online though shipping is rather atrocious, and I'm not sure if you can order online unless you sign up for membership in a physical store (I had to produce my passport)).  http://www.sugibeegarden.jp/category/select/cid/469

If anyone goes to Japan, I recommend stopping by one of these shops if there's a nearby location.  They give free samples of honey and honey flavored water!  I'm not even much of a fan of regular honey but I'm nuts about Sugibee honey. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:44:09 PM by yirj17 »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1961 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »
For whatever reason I'm really diggin this cold tea thing. Not iced tea (yuck), but leaving a few bags of tea in a pitcher of ice water is pretty nifty.

There's a brand of honey in Japan that is absolutely wonderful.  You can use it as a topping for ice cream or for flavoring water or however else one might use honey. 

Sugibee.  I'm stocking up when I hit up Japan again.  There's several different flavors and when you mix it with cold water, it makes a delightfully refreshing and tasty drink.  Blueberry is my favorite by far but raspberry and the others are pretty good as well. 

This is a link to their website (it's possible to order online though shipping is rather atrocious, and I'm not sure if you can order online unless you sign up for membership in a physical store (I had to produce my passport)).  http://www.sugibeegarden.jp/category/select/cid/469

If anyone goes to Japan, I recommend stopping by one of these shops if there's a nearby location.  They give free samples of honey and honey flavored water!  I'm not even much of a fan of regular honey but I'm nuts about Sugibee honey.
OOOOooooo! I had that honey tea one time! My super awesome school had it one day and they gave me some! Yeah that was delicious! I could go for more of that XD

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1962 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

I clicked on your link and the mango and raspberry honey sound fantastic.

gidget

« Reply #1963 on: June 30, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »
My CT has just sent me a file I made she got from Indischool and told me to take a look at it   :laugh: :laugh:

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1964 on: June 30, 2017, 03:05:40 PM »
My CT has just sent me a file I made she got from Indischool and told me to take a look at it   :laugh: :laugh:

DO tell more~~

gidget

« Reply #1965 on: July 02, 2017, 12:33:36 PM »
Nothing to tell really, just 2 minutes of a quick, circular back and forth about how that particular file looked exactly like the file I gave to my other CT but it came off Indischool, my explanation that I made it and my other CT uploaded it, and the rebuttal that it came off Indischool. The bell rang and we went to work.

I'm taking it as a compliment.

Offline jffjp

• Adventurer
« Reply #1966 on: July 03, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »
15 days left then I'm outta this bitch   :azn:

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1967 on: July 03, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
Off today because of the school's birthday.  It was so nice to stay in bed this morning, listening to the rain and knowing I didn't have to go out in it.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1968 on: July 03, 2017, 02:17:05 PM »
Turns out creeper guy's last month was June!  I hope I never see him ever again! 

Plus, the new admin is female so she most likely won't be creepy toward me!  Hope she's nice.  Time will tell~

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1969 on: July 04, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »
I love that my school loves ice cream  :laugh: The art teacher just brought in some ice cream for everyone.  Poison all around~

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1970 on: July 04, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »
Turns out creeper guy's last month was June!  I hope I never see him ever again! 

Plus, the new admin is female so she most likely won't be creepy toward me!  Hope she's nice.  Time will tell~

Congratulations.

I feel kind of bad about whomever ends up with him. I know talk travels and they'll probably already have an idea of what they'll be dealing with. But no, not really, I'm sure it'll be worse than they imagined. xD

Enjoy the ice cream, celebrate in style.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1971 on: July 04, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
I love that my school loves ice cream  :laugh: The art teacher just brought in some ice cream for everyone.  Poison all around~

Enjoy your celebratory poison. Temperature is pleasantly cold.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1972 on: July 05, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »

Not all frozen bovine secretions contain poison! Although the ones that dont often taste like crap.  :sad:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1973 on: July 05, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »

Not all frozen bovine secretions contain poison! Although the ones that dont often taste like crap.  :sad:

I wish I could find poison-free bovine secretion frozen treats. But it's difficult.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1974 on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »
Had my first samul nori class today!  The schedule finally worked out so that I was free during the students' class!  I'm pretty interested in most musical instruments and find traditional ones especially intriguing. 

Got to watch the kids play through their routine (presumably for the fall talent show?) which is always cool.  Thought I was just going to be an observer but the teacher then told all the students to get out their cellphones while he gave me a one-on-one lesson  :huh: :laugh: 

Feeling pretty good.  I just needed to hit stuff to release some stress and produce them sweet endorphins.  He told me to come back and I am happy to oblige when possible. 

Online gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1975 on: July 05, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »
My dad sent over an old stand mixer and some kitchen knives. Only 80,000 won tax for a mixer that would be several hundred thousand (or more) here. I can finally bake bread without kneading for more than a few minutes. There is also an ice cream maker attachment, just in time for summer!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1976 on: July 05, 2017, 01:41:06 PM »
Gunna be a responsible adult and go see Spiderman Homecoming in tonight in the next city over and take the midnight train home so I can lord the spoilers over my friends back home who have to wait a whole day for it :D

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1977 on: July 05, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
^ooo, please report back on how it is.  I won't get to see it till next week or so. 

Also, new Administrator is baller!  It's only her 3rd day and she's already brought in snacks twice!!  She understands snack culture  :laugh:  The last one never brought stuff in except for this one time but they were rice cakes that tasted like chemicals.  Toxic taste to match his personality  :lipsrsealed:

Today's treat is walnut pie!!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1978 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »
^ooo, please report back on how it is.  I won't get to see it till next week or so. 

Also, new Administrator is baller!  It's only her 3rd day and she's already brought in snacks twice!!  She understands snack culture  :laugh:  The last one never brought stuff in except for this one time but they were rice cakes that tasted like chemicals.  Toxic taste to match his personality  :lipsrsealed:

Alright, I'll give you a spoiler free report XD

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1979 on: July 05, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »

Ugh. Snack culture. The worst.

Enjoy your walnut sugar poison, Waygook.org user yirj17.