September 22, 2017, 01:30:58 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 173144 times)

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1920 on: April 25, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
I walked to school with one of the first grade teachers this morning, and she told me that her students asked her when they will be able to have class with me. They show off their knowledge of the ABCs to her to prove they are ready. It sounded so cute and warmed my heart.  :cheesy:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1921 on: April 25, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
I've never been a fan of Paramore, but hot dang did they ever just drop a fantastic little pop jam.

I totally agree. This is such a great summer song, which they never really do.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1922 on: April 25, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »
Daegyo Grade 6. Start the lesson, "When is your Birthday?"

Today, motherlovers. YEAH
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline gidget

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1923 on: April 26, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
One of my previous CTs didn't speak to me at all. He just snapped his fingers whenever he wanted to me to do something. My new CT speaks to me! And he said please when he asked me to do something!

I haven't heard a please in ages! It's a good day.

Online kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1924 on: April 26, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »
I walked to school with one of the first grade teachers this morning, and she told me that her students asked her when they will be able to have class with me. They show off their knowledge of the ABCs to her to prove they are ready. It sounded so cute and warmed my heart.  :cheesy:

D'aweeeee! The 1st graders at my Wednesday school keep bursting into my room at lunch to point at things and say them in English. They love showing off too :P I miss teaching 1st grade they're not bitter about school yet... :'(

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1925 on: April 27, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
Made frozen chocolate covered peanut butter banana bites.  They're really good. 

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1926 on: April 27, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »
It was a brutal fight against allergies this year, but it's finally over.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1927 on: April 27, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
For the last, Im not sure how long, I have been getting in shape, eating healthy and I think I even want to get certified in teaching pilates. It wasn't until recently when people started asking me for tips and advice that I realised all my hard work was paying off! I've been trying so hard to do the healthy lifestyle thing right, and I am really happy that it is successful!  :azn:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1928 on: April 27, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »
For the last, Im not sure how long, I have been getting in shape, eating healthy and I think I even want to get certified in teaching pilates. It wasn't until recently when people started asking me for tips and advice that I realised all my hard work was paying off! I've been trying so hard to do the healthy lifestyle thing right, and I am really happy that it is successful!  :azn:

Heck yes! It feels super, doesn't it? I've been doing my 15,000 steps a day, making my own healthy lunches/dinners (breakfast is still usually black coffee :/) and now since it's exam day I get out early and imma go strut my stuff at the jjimjilbang.  8)

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1929 on: April 27, 2017, 03:00:04 PM »
My VP just came to ask me why I left the school grounds after lunch, and he looked kinda mad, until I explained to him that I was catching Pokemon. Then he wanted to compare stats.  8)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1930 on: April 27, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »

Heck yes! It feels super, doesn't it? I've been doing my 15,000 steps a day, making my own healthy lunches/dinners (breakfast is still usually black coffee :/) and now since it's exam day I get out early and imma go strut my stuff at the jjimjilbang.  8)
Hahaha you go girl! I like to try and make something for breakfast...even just grabbing a piece of fruit. Otherwise Krissyboo teacher gets hangry and that isn't good. I have a long bus commute to school so I usually eat and have my coffee on the bus :)

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1931 on: April 27, 2017, 03:08:48 PM »

Hahaha you go girl! I like to try and make something for breakfast...even just grabbing a piece of fruit. Otherwise Krissyboo teacher gets hangry and that isn't good. I have a long bus commute to school so I usually eat and have my coffee on the bus :)

One of the things I miss most about my home country is being able to drink my coffee comfortably on the way to work. Everything's too crowded here.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1932 on: April 27, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »

One of the things I miss most about my home country is being able to drink my coffee comfortably on the way to work. Everything's too crowded here.
I live in a very not crowded place, and I have to transfer buses in front of Starbucks so I always grab something. I'm also usually one of the first ones on the bus in the morning so I always get a seat. No spillage!

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1933 on: April 27, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »

I live in a very not crowded place, and I have to transfer buses in front of Starbucks so I always grab something. I'm also usually one of the first ones on the bus in the morning so I always get a seat. No spillage!

Super jelly. Before I came to Korea, I thought Starbucks was overpriced, miserable trash. Mostly because I was a huge coffee snob in a town with lots of way better coffee. But then after a long time in Korea, Starbucks is such a treat, and it's really pretty decent. And my credit card lets me upgrade from a grande to a venti for no extra cost. And their drip coffee is always fresh because nobody orders it. So, bless Starbucks.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1934 on: April 27, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »

Super jelly. Before I came to Korea, I thought Starbucks was overpriced, miserable trash. Mostly because I was a huge coffee snob in a town with lots of way better coffee. But then after a long time in Korea, Starbucks is such a treat, and it's really pretty decent. And my credit card lets me upgrade from a grande to a venti for no extra cost. And their drip coffee is always fresh because nobody orders it. So, bless Starbucks.
Plus this particular one opens at 7am, so it wins just for that for me honestly. Better than the canned stuff from the convenient store...

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1935 on: April 27, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
Because of an impending singing competition, yesterday I had al classes but one cancelled, and today all but two. Then tomorrow, we are taking a school trip to Nami Island, I got handed some cash to spend there, they are catering lunch for us, and then a long weekend next week. Ah yeaaaaaah.

Offline teacherhannah

• Explorer
« Reply #1936 on: April 27, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »
Tomorrow is my last day and all this week my kids have been giving me gifts and writing me notes in English. Several have told me that they didn't like English before my class and I just feel immensely fulfilled.  :azn:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1937 on: April 27, 2017, 05:01:23 PM »
Now that Coupang opened up the rocket shipping for global items too, they have so many more items. Like Reeses cupcake mix. I'm ordering that and my animal cookies and perusing for some other stuff.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1938 on: April 27, 2017, 06:16:56 PM »
Now that Coupang opened up the rocket shipping for global items too, they have so many more items. Like Reeses cupcake mix. I'm ordering that and my animal cookies and perusing for some other stuff.

I know I should like Coupang, but I just can't get into it the way I am with Auction and Gmarket.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1939 on: April 27, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »

I know I should like Coupang, but I just can't get into it the way I am with Auction and Gmarket.

I love Coupang.  Can't bring myself to use the latter options. 

There was pumpkin tempura at lunch today.  My favorite~

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment