November 19, 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195914 times)

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1920 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:08 AM »

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1921 on: May 31, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
Escape room on Sunday! Me and 4 girls.
 :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Perfect.
I watched that movie last week and on Friday, one of my students came up and asked if I had seen it.

"Teacher, you look like the girl in Get Out."

He then slowly backed away from me.  :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1922 on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:34 AM »
I watched that movie last week and on Friday, one of my students came up and asked if I had seen it.

Wanna go to love motel?  :afro:

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1923 on: May 31, 2017, 09:55:51 AM »
A fifth grader used the term "doppelganger" and properly within context at that.  The grammar of the rest of the sentence fragment wasn't perfect but damn.

Me:  Did you say... doppelganger?  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Student:  Yes, doppelganger.

Me:  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I only learned that word because of a video game I played in middle school.  :laugh:  :undecided:

I really really don't want to burst your bubble....but... Isn't it a Konglish word too? (도플갱어)

I'm sure your student is still amazing tho!
 :laugh:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1924 on: May 31, 2017, 10:36:54 AM »
I really really don't want to burst your bubble....but... Isn't it a Konglish word too? (도플갱어)

I'm sure your student is still amazing tho!
 :laugh:

Aww, I have no idea. My bubble is punctured  :sad: haha

That actress made a weirdly attractive Peter Pan.

Also that was not a good show but Christopher Walken as Hook? Priceless

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1925 on: May 31, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »

Haha, you are really owning that.

That being said, what happened to the Indonesian girl?

@yirj17- I had never seen her before this movie, but you have intrigued me and I'm going to look that up tonight.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1926 on: May 31, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »

@yirj17- I had never seen her before this movie, but you have intrigued me and I'm going to look that up tonight.

She leaves forever in two weeks.  :cry:

She's honestly the most beautiful woman I've ever met in my life. Well, top two.

I don't know what I'm going to do when she leaves. I have to phone her tonight and ask her what she's thinking too.

F'in sucks though. I'm slowly falling in love with her.

If I've learned one thing in this life, it's that you don't get to pick who you fall in love with. It just happens, for better of for worse.

In all honesty, I'm getting tired of Korea. Teaching in Indonesia wouldn't be too bad. But I can't exactly force her to wait the nine months left on my contract here. And the pay is piss poor down there.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1927 on: May 31, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »

Full disclosure, don't expect it to be good lol. The costumes and sets were pretty great but it's overall an awkward production. I recommend watching it as something to chuckle at and/or in the background while multitasking.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1928 on: May 31, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »

Full disclosure, don't expect it to be good lol. The costumes and sets were pretty great but it's overall an awkward production. I recommend watching it as something to chuckle at and/or in the background while multitasking.
Good to know. I need to clean my room, so this may be perfect then.

She leaves forever in two weeks.  :cry:

She's honestly the most beautiful woman I've ever met in my life. Well, top two.

I don't know what I'm going to do when she leaves. I have to phone her tonight and ask her what she's thinking too.

F'in sucks though. I'm slowly falling in love with her.

If I've learned one thing in this life, it's that you don't get to pick who you fall in love with. It just happens, for better of for worse.

In all honesty, I'm getting tired of Korea. Teaching in Indonesia wouldn't be too bad. But I can't exactly force her to wait the nine months left on my contract here. And the pay is piss poor down there.
Aw, that's too bad. Hopefully something can be worked out? Indonesia has some really good opportunities though, I have some friends from uni that went that route. But if not, here's to hoping someone else comes along. Also, you weren't joking when you said you were the fast romantic type.

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #1929 on: June 02, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »
One of the Gr.1 (elementary) boys was trying to have a conversation about dinosaurs with me.  The language barrier being what it is, the conversation ended with me doing my best velociraptor impersonation right as a group of mothers(?) walked by.

I'm not ashamed. It's a damned good velociraptor impersonation.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1930 on: June 02, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »
Just watched a "crawl race" between a bunch of my 2nd grade boys. The competition was intense as the chosen battle ground was rough.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1931 on: June 02, 2017, 12:42:20 PM »
Just watched a "crawl race" between a bunch of my 2nd grade boys. The competition was intense as the chosen battle ground was rough.

We talkin astroturf? Hot asphalt? Dusty gravel?  :huh:

Offline sfusiondj

• Adventurer
« Reply #1932 on: June 02, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »
velociraptor impersonation.

Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person? I'm genuinely astounded by the shitty English I see floating around this forum.

Sorry if that's a dickish thing to say. Someone stole my Fanta from the staff fridge today - I'm out for blood.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1933 on: June 02, 2017, 01:10:00 PM »

Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person? I'm genuinely astounded by the shitty English I see floating around this forum.

Sorry if that's a dickish thing to say. Someone stole my Fanta from the staff fridge today - I'm out for blood.
I am a velociraptor, and I find this offensive.

:cry: :cry: :laugh:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1934 on: June 02, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »

Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person?

Can a T-Rex do a Jerry Lewis impersonation?

double standard

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1935 on: June 02, 2017, 01:53:28 PM »

We talkin astroturf? Hot asphalt? Dusty gravel?  :huh:

Asphalt with loose pebbles.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1936 on: June 02, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »
Last I checked, Velociraptor was not a person?

"A person is a being, such as a human, that has certain capacities or attributes constituting personhood, which in turn is defined differently by different authors in different disciplines, and by different cultures in different times and places."

We don't actually know for sure that velociraptors were not persons. The state of personhood is not clearly defined, but many agree that it isn't necessarily restricted to human beings.

Until somebody builds us a time machine and zaps a velociraptor into an auditorium where we can attempt to determine its mental capacities, we will never truly know if they were persons!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:38:42 PM by kyndo »

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1937 on: June 02, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »

Please move over to the ranting thread. Where you belong.

This thread is a happy thread. We like unicorns and people who impersonate dinosaurs and dinosaurs who imitate humans, and the likes. Some of us only have one happy moment in months, and then, like me they come here to share this miraculous happy moment and *BAM*, there it is all your negativity.

Your negativity has a place,
 it is where I live:http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,99098.msg707876/topicseen.html#new

You are welcome.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #1938 on: June 02, 2017, 02:44:44 PM »

As a velociraptor, my English isn't the best.  You are absolutely correct.  I will endeavour to never make this mistake again. 
If it makes you feel any better, I will never, ever be using the word "impersonate" with my students.

And now to do my best #basiccowboychaps impersonation-
"Fanta is poison.  You should be happy somebody stole yours.  They probably saved your life."

:P 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1939 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
One of my favorite students, the one that introduced me to her Australian bf and gave me a little sushi keychain- apparently went back to Japan again and today dropped by and gave me some Japanese chocolates she bought special for me.