November 19, 2017, 10:19:37 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195993 times)

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1880 on: April 28, 2017, 08:20:56 AM »
I'm in awe of you guys. I still am trying to figure out how to even pay with coupang.

Bank Transfer bbz! Personally i think it's the easier way to figure out.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1881 on: April 28, 2017, 08:21:57 AM »
I learned in college you can add some cinnamon and nutmeg to coffee as a replacement for sugar but I only just recently learned you can add it to the grounds as well. If you do that then you don't get the grainy residue at the bottom of a cup/thermos. It's pretty awesome. Just can't add too much because my brewer acts strangely with it.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1882 on: April 28, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »
I'm in awe of you guys. I still am trying to figure out how to even pay with coupang.

Yes.
The stages of online shopping payment go like this:

Rookie level - go to an ATM and pay with bank transfer. Everyone starts this way.
Approaching competency - bank transfer with your phone
Almost there - Pay with your check card with your phone
Just like the locals - Pay with your credit card on the phone
Now you've made it - Pay with your credit card that gets you discounts on online shopping and also accrues one or more types of points from your phone.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1883 on: April 28, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »

Yes.

Rookie level - go to an ATM and pay with bank transfer. Everyone starts this way.
Now you've made it - Pay with your credit card that gets you discounts on online shopping and also accrues one or more types of points from your phone.

Lol been here over a year and still doing bank transfer via ATM.  Forces me to take a jaunt into town and get some mild exercise. 

Also I haven't yet felt like spending a vacation day to hit up a bigger bank branch on the mainland in order to get my check card working online. 

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1884 on: April 28, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
I learned in college you can add some cinnamon and nutmeg to coffee as a replacement for sugar but I only just recently learned you can add it to the grounds as well. If you do that then you don't get the grainy residue at the bottom of a cup/thermos. It's pretty awesome. Just can't add too much because my brewer acts strangely with it.

oooooo good to know!!!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1885 on: April 28, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »

Yes.

Lol been here over a year and still doing bank transfer via ATM.  Forces me to take a jaunt into town and get some mild exercise. 

Also I haven't yet felt like spending a vacation day to hit up a bigger bank branch on the mainland in order to get my check card working online.

Actually, it took me five and a half years before I started using a phone banking app.

I'm slow.

Also, you don't need to visit a branch to get your card to work online. You do for online banking, but online card payments are totally different. Usually you just need to download an app on your phone and punch some stuff into it.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1886 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »

Yes.

Actually, it took me five and a half years before I started using a phone banking app.

I'm slow.

Also, you don't need to visit a branch to get your card to work online. You do for online banking, but online card payments are totally different. Usually you just need to download an app on your phone and punch some stuff into it.

Ohhh is that so??  Not that I need an excuse to be lazier...

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1887 on: April 28, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
For Gmarket and Auction, you can use Smile Pay. Literally all you have to do is take a picture of your card and make a new password, no separate app required. It's amazingly easy. Otherwise, each bank has a different phone card app. Basically another (goofy, unnecessary) layer of verification. You can download the app and then, with a bit of help from a Korean unless you've done it a few times before, you just punch in some numbers, do a cell phone verification text, and blammo you're ready to spend literally all of your money because it's so easy.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1888 on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
For Gmarket and Auction, you can use Smile Pay. Literally all you have to do is take a picture of your card and make a new password, no separate app required. It's amazingly easy. Otherwise, each bank has a different phone card app. Basically another (goofy, unnecessary) layer of verification. You can download the app and then, with a bit of help from a Korean unless you've done it a few times before, you just punch in some numbers, do a cell phone verification text, and blammo you're ready to spend literally all of your money because it's so easy.

Is that what Smile Pay is? I just keep getting annoyed by it because it's pushing the pay-by-bank-transfer option further and further into obscurity. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1889 on: May 08, 2017, 07:26:04 AM »
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Indonesian girl likes me too.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1890 on: May 08, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »
I've got this going on.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1891 on: May 08, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
Fukuoka was super tight.  I definitely intend to visit again at some point.  I miss the food already, particularly okonomiyaki and the baller bakeries.  And how can I return to garbage ramen now that I've had stellar tonkotsu ramen??  :cry:

And something about Japan just puts my "shopping mode" into hyperdrive.  Ordinarily I'm not big on shopping but in Japan I always go a little nuts.  Fukuoka's got a nice Pokemon Center and Dazaifu has a great Studio Ghibli themed shop.  Plus, a honey store right next to it!  I didn't even like honey until I had Japanese honey.  Blueberry flavored honey is the best.  Got signed up for the membership program and they do shipping to both Korea & the US so I needn't go to Japan every time I want more  :azn:

Can't wait till Chuseok-- I wanna hit up Vietnam and eat everything. 

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1892 on: May 11, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
Fukuoka was super tight.  I definitely intend to visit again at some point.  I miss the food already, particularly okonomiyaki and the baller bakeries.  And how can I return to garbage ramen now that I've had stellar tonkotsu ramen??  :cry:

And something about Japan just puts my "shopping mode" into hyperdrive.  Ordinarily I'm not big on shopping but in Japan I always go a little nuts.  Fukuoka's got a nice Pokemon Center and Dazaifu has a great Studio Ghibli themed shop.  Plus, a honey store right next to it!  I didn't even like honey until I had Japanese honey.  Blueberry flavored honey is the best.  Got signed up for the membership program and they do shipping to both Korea & the US so I needn't go to Japan every time I want more  :azn:

Can't wait till Chuseok-- I wanna hit up Vietnam and eat everything.

Fukuoka is rad.

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #1893 on: May 12, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »
Body-snatchers have invaded my school. That's the only explanation I have for the complete turn-around in behaviour in my classes today.  My two worst classes were absolute angels. Not only that, but they wanted to do the worksheets I had prepared. 
And even my apathetic students were participating.   :shocked: :huh: :laugh:

Offline Kaynadian

• Adventurer
« Reply #1894 on: May 12, 2017, 02:19:01 PM »
Lady luck was on my side today. My main school has their school anniversary on Monday and so it will be closed, however, I have a travel school I go to in the morning so I would have to teach in the morning and then go home in the afternoon. Not bad, but still cuts a potential long weekend off.
But then I get a message from my co-teacher at my travel school that I won't have classes on Monday.
Long weekend, here I come!  :laugh: :P ;D 8)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1895 on: May 12, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
Lady luck was on my side today. My main school has their school anniversary on Monday and so it will be closed, however, I have a travel school I go to in the morning so I would have to teach in the morning and then go home in the afternoon. Not bad, but still cuts a potential long weekend off.
But then I get a message from my co-teacher at my travel school that I won't have classes on Monday.

You should still be diligent and go to your other school and sit in the office.

Please do not take advantage of this situation.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1896 on: May 15, 2017, 08:02:12 AM »

Who would that benefit?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1897 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »

Who would that benefit?

The children and the future of Korea.

They will sleep better knowing that their teacher is diligent.

Offline StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1898 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »

Who would that benefit?

The children and the future of Korea.

They will sleep better knowing that their teacher is diligent.

And all of the teachers will see how diligent they are too. Also the principal.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1899 on: May 15, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
I just got a big ol' bag of peppers for teachers day :)