September 25, 2017, 05:01:45 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 174398 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1800 on: April 05, 2017, 04:14:54 PM »
One of my Coupang orders arrived today.  Love Rocket Shipping <3

They packed the salsa in its own separate box and the chips in a different box!  How thoughtful~

Despite doing about 80% of my shopping on Gmarket and Auction, I've never used Coupang. Waygook.org user yirj17, should I be using Coupang? I remember when Coupang was like a Groupon immitator so I have a hard time imagining it as a hub of hot internet deals.

Depends on what you like to buy.  I've never used Auction though I've used Gmarket like twice or thrice. 

I enjoy Coupang because a lot of items can qualify you for free delivery if you buy like 29,800W worth.  Some items qualify you for free Rocket Shipping if you buy like 19,800W worth. 

I mainly buy junk or 'murican comfort food (the pop tart selection is pretty rad, arguably better than my local grocery store back home).  Some stuff is overpriced but worth getting once in a while, though I've found stuff with what I think are reasonable prices. 

Go! Take a gander.  Expand your options~

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1801 on: April 05, 2017, 04:24:21 PM »

They packed the salsa in its own separate box and the chips in a different box!  How thoughtful~

Despite doing about 80% of my shopping on Gmarket and Auction, I've never used Coupang. Waygook.org user yirj17, should I be using Coupang? I remember when Coupang was like a Groupon immitator so I have a hard time imagining it as a hub of hot internet deals.

Depends on what you like to buy.  I've never used Auction though I've used Gmarket like twice or thrice. 

I enjoy Coupang because a lot of items can qualify you for free delivery if you buy like 29,800W worth.  Some items qualify you for free Rocket Shipping if you buy like 19,800W worth. 

I mainly buy junk or 'murican comfort food (the pop tart selection is pretty rad, arguably better than my local grocery store back home).  Some stuff is overpriced but worth getting once in a while, though I've found stuff with what I think are reasonable prices. 

Second for coupang~

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1802 on: April 05, 2017, 04:29:01 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Okay. I'll peek.

Maybe they have coupons. I hope they have coupons. Coupons are great.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1803 on: April 05, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »
I think the other teachers forgot to come get me for volleyball... I finished my lessons until next tuesday so I have some downtime that I'll use to recover from yesterday's awfulness... This seems like the perfect time to play checkers....

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1804 on: April 05, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »
RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 HAS STARTED AIRING

Took me way too long to find out about this.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1805 on: April 05, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
The kids are learning music from "Spirited Away" on recorder or ocarina.  Fabulous

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1806 on: April 05, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »
2 groups of my 1st grade girls came into the English room just now, asking to take some photos with me :D
They wanted a couple selfies, a couple group shots, and 1 group put the camera near me and took one of me solo, I wasn't expecting it, so my face looked really ridiculous, which made me and the students have a good laugh.
It was a good way to kill my boredom for a bit, and a good way to finish the day too, since it is near the end of the day :D

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1807 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:47 PM »
i just taught my last ever class of 50 students here in vietnam. looking forward to those sweeeet international school classes of 10 kids  8) 8) 8) i deserve a drink this evening

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1808 on: April 05, 2017, 09:58:33 PM »
i just taught my last ever class of 50 students here in vietnam. looking forward to those sweeeet international school classes of 10 kids  8) 8) 8) i deserve a drink this evening

Nice one our lass!  :-*

Wondering how big this 'drink' is gonna be.  :undecided:

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1809 on: April 05, 2017, 10:23:50 PM »

Nice one our lass!  :-*

Wondering how big this 'drink' is gonna be.  :undecided:

Online elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #1810 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:25 AM »
It's a blah, rainy morning and I'm suffering from dust-itis. All I want to do is curl up in a blanket with a tea and a good book.  It's incredible how one simple intereaction with my students can make me forget all that.

As I'm dragging myself into my office I hear a scream from down the hallway of "영어 선생김!"  Next thing I know, I'm being swarmed by a bunch of 1st (elementary) graders-all hugging me and pulling me into their classroom.  I don't know these children.  I don't teach them. I barely interact with them at all.  But today they decided I was their best friend.
I love my job.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1811 on: April 06, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
It's a blah, rainy morning and I'm suffering from dust-itis. All I want to do is curl up in a blanket with a tea and a good book.  It's incredible how one simple intereaction with my students can make me forget all that.

As I'm dragging myself into my office I hear a scream from down the hallway of "영어 선생김!"  Next thing I know, I'm being swarmed by a bunch of 1st (elementary) graders-all hugging me and pulling me into their classroom.  I don't know these children.  I don't teach them. I barely interact with them at all.  But today they decided I was their best friend.
I love my job.
Aww, thats sweet. I'm having a bit of a bad morning, so that was nice to read. I'm so glad that my first class today is with my favorites. And it's a OP game. Wins all around.

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #1812 on: April 06, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

I love that cartoon, too.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1813 on: April 06, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »
The soup at lunch was baller today.  It had these dumplings in it with translucent wrappers that were just awesome.  Even though there are days when the food is too spicy or just not to my liking, it's days like these that make me glad I stuck with school lunch. 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1814 on: April 06, 2017, 04:49:17 PM »

I love that cartoon, too.

If McDonalds doesn't bring back the Mulan szechuan sauce because of the new episode, they're missing out on a huge opportunity.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1815 on: April 06, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
Coupang package arrived earlier than expected!! I will dine well tonight~

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #1816 on: April 06, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »
If McDonalds doesn't bring back the Mulan szechuan sauce because of the new episode, they're missing out on a huge opportunity.

I think I heard they will bring back that sauce?

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1817 on: April 07, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »

I think I heard they will bring back that sauce?

lol that's fantastic XD they'll probably bring it back when the live action Mulan comes out :)

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1818 on: April 07, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »
I taught my first ever high-school class yesterday (all boys, after school) and it went surprisingly well. Had some ideas about wanting to teach high school or older so really happy that I didn't instantly bomb. A bit of extra pocket-money every month, too.  ;D

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1819 on: April 07, 2017, 11:31:12 AM »
I found a new favorite kimbap place last night and had a wasabi tuna roll. Mmm.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment