November 19, 2017, 02:53:56 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195731 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1720 on: March 28, 2017, 03:29:14 PM »
Birthday gift to myself: just ordered chicken so it should show up moments after I get home.

Score. Happy birthday and enjoy #based chicken.

Offline Pauliney

• Waygookin
« Reply #1721 on: March 28, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
My CT gave me a bottle of grape-flavored Vitamin C today, since I was sick and lost my voice from a cold last week.

P.S. This thread is awesome! I was being a negative Nancy prior to reading it, then remembered at least half my day was actually fairly good to great.

Offline chrislis90

• Adventurer
« Reply #1722 on: March 31, 2017, 07:42:26 AM »
I have a special student who is adorable. We frequently bump into each other walking to school and he's always so happy whilst shouting "원어민 쌤" Today he saw me and grabbed my hand and we walked to school together. A nice start to the day for what I can expect to be another patience testing day at my all boys middle.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1723 on: March 31, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »
Had to move out since the breakup, and I just got a one-room for 2 000 000W key money and 300 000/month, 50 000/maintenance.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Internet is already here and I'm seeing Ghost in the Shell in an hour.

Life ain't so bad.

PS: I also have Neurin Maeul makgeolli and prosciutto chez moi, too. Boomshaka

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1724 on: April 04, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »
Had 3rd period free so I planned the lesson for the 4th period (5th graders), I was confident the lesson would be fun.

Right after I greeted the class, I glanced at the timetable and realised I'd gone f*cked up. I confused the number '4' of the period, on the timetable, with the grade number '5'. I'd prepared a lesson for the wrong grade. Class had started and I didn't have squat prepared.

I thought fast, wrote down a fun riddle on the board as a warmup. The kids spent about 3 minutes mulling over the answer until one bright kid got it. They really enjoyed the riddle and so did I... it gave me time to cook up a plan B, in the back of my head, while I was putting some spin on the riddle. Multitasking, like a boss.

I made a quick, yet thorough, review on the board, played a countdown practise game I made up on the spot, and used a bouncy ball which I found at the back of the drawer, to play the ball bounce game.
By the end the kids had a blast, they'd mastered the key expressions, and the HR teacher asked me where I got such an awesome game and if I could review the instructions on how to play it with her.

I felt like a damn baller.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1725 on: April 05, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »
Tomorrow is science day so I don't have to teach my spawn of satan grade 4's.
*happy dance*
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1726 on: April 05, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »
The rest of my classes for the day have been canceled for some reason.

I don't even know what to do with myself, this is great.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1727 on: April 05, 2017, 11:09:54 AM »

I quite literally felt joy for you when reading this :)
-A.A. Milne

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1728 on: April 05, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
I get a perverse pleasure from calling Cherry Blossoms "Sakura" in front of my middle school kids. The mock cries of anguish that ensue after I feign ignorance of the Korean name give me great joy. Am I pure evil?

Meh. I guess I don't really care haha :laugh:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1729 on: April 05, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
I get a perverse pleasure from calling Cherry Blossoms "Sakura" in front of my middle school kids. The mock cries of anguish that ensue after I feign ignorance of the Korean name give me great joy. Am I pure evil?

Haha, I should try telling mine that I'm going to the sakura festival this weekend.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1730 on: April 05, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

LOL, I do this too.
-A.A. Milne

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #1731 on: April 05, 2017, 12:45:35 PM »
Had to move out since the breakup, and I just got a one-room for 2 000 000W key money and 300 000/month, 50 000/maintenance.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Life ain't so bad.

What part of the city did you find your place in?  I might be going to school in this country one day and I would like a similar priced place

Also, congratulations/condolences on your recent breakup.  I am sure you will start running into the smoking hot ladies soon.  Start exercising so that if you bump into your ex, she will see you looking more handsome and shed a small tear when you part ways again.  This is my modus operandi in such situations.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:48:37 PM by defenderoftherealm »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1732 on: April 05, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Life ain't so bad.

What part of the city did you find your place in?  I might be going to school in this country one day and I would like a similar priced place

Also, congratulations/condolences on your recent breakup.  I am sure you will start running into the smoking hot ladies soon.  Start exercising so that if you bump into your ex, she will see you looking more handsome and shed a small tear when you part ways again.  This is modus operandi in such situations.

I'm in the Sanbon area of Gunpo City.

Also, the highlighted area........................ is that you?

Sonny?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1733 on: April 05, 2017, 12:51:43 PM »

I quite literally felt joy for you when reading this :)

Haha, thanks, I'm just kind of aimlessly wandering the school while also trying to avoid detection. This is how I've chosen to take advantage of this. Oh, my life.

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #1734 on: April 05, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Life ain't so bad.

Also, congratulations/condolences on your recent breakup.  I am sure you will start running into the smoking hot ladies soon.  Start exercising so that if you bump into your ex, she will see you looking more handsome and shed a small tear when you part ways again.  This is modus operandi in such situations.

I'm in the Sanbon area of Gunpo City.

Also, the highlighted area........................ is that you?

Sonny?

I am not Sonny.  He was a hero.  I am just a simple man that is trying to keep the spirit of Sonny alive.  I also think of Smaug often too.  He was a saint and so gangster he can't even be emulated.

Cheers to our unsung heroes.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1735 on: April 05, 2017, 01:03:38 PM »
One of my Coupang orders arrived today.  Love Rocket Shipping <3

They packed the salsa in its own separate box and the chips in a different box!  How thoughtful~

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1736 on: April 05, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »

They packed the salsa in its own separate box and the chips in a different box!  How thoughtful~

Despite doing about 80% of my shopping on Gmarket and Auction, I've never used Coupang. Waygook.org user yirj17, should I be using Coupang? I remember when Coupang was like a Groupon immitator so I have a hard time imagining it as a hub of hot internet deals.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1737 on: April 05, 2017, 01:14:54 PM »

Despite doing about 80% of my shopping on Gmarket and Auction, I've never used Coupang. Waygook.org user yirj17, should I be using Coupang? I remember when Coupang was like a Groupon immitator so I have a hard time imagining it as a hub of hot internet deals.

Depends on what you like to buy.  I've never used Auction though I've used Gmarket like twice or thrice. 

I enjoy Coupang because a lot of items can qualify you for free delivery if you buy like 29,800W worth.  Some items qualify you for free Rocket Shipping if you buy like 19,800W worth. 

I mainly buy junk or 'murican comfort food (the pop tart selection is pretty rad, arguably better than my local grocery store back home).  Some stuff is overpriced but worth getting once in a while, though I've found stuff with what I think are reasonable prices. 

Go! Take a gander.  Expand your options~

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1738 on: April 05, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »

Depends on what you like to buy.  I've never used Auction though I've used Gmarket like twice or thrice. 

I enjoy Coupang because a lot of items can qualify you for free delivery if you buy like 29,800W worth.  Some items qualify you for free Rocket Shipping if you buy like 19,800W worth. 

I mainly buy junk or 'murican comfort food (the pop tart selection is pretty rad, arguably better than my local grocery store back home).  Some stuff is overpriced but worth getting once in a while, though I've found stuff with what I think are reasonable prices. 

Second for coupang~

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1739 on: April 05, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Okay. I'll peek.

Maybe they have coupons. I hope they have coupons. Coupons are great.