November 20, 2017, 05:35:21 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196521 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1660 on: March 14, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
I prefer my meat marinated. 

Bulgogi > samgyupsal anyday.

Tofurkey > Bulgogi > samgyupsal > Texas BBQ ribs

I'm appalled and offended.

I've never had BBQ from the nether region of the US so I haven't an opinion but this offers some perspective...   :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1661 on: March 14, 2017, 02:50:21 PM »
Dave Stepz > Basedcowboy > Ajahya > Pecan > Kim Jong Un > Mr. Baek > 곱창

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1662 on: March 15, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
So the student that ran in to introduce me to her boyfriend went to Japan for the weekend and M/T, and she just bolted into the office asking if I liked sushi and then gave me a very realistic sushi keychain.  :laugh: She is so sweet, haha.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1663 on: March 15, 2017, 09:04:40 AM »
That's super cute. What kind of sushi?? I fancy salmon myself

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1664 on: March 15, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »
I actually think it may be salmon? It's pretty red, but it has a slight silver skin on it. So while I'm not positive, my deductive reasoning says salmon.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1665 on: March 15, 2017, 09:08:38 AM »
Sounds pretty salmony to me!  Man, some sushi and tempura sounds real good now...

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1666 on: March 15, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
Yeah, I have been craving sushi the last couple weeks and now its gotten worse, haha.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1667 on: March 15, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »

:laugh: and Sonny > everyone else ever. How i miss sonny

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1668 on: March 15, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
I miss  :afro: too.
Smaug could give :afro: a run for his money, though.
He was the Ken M of waygook. I always pictured him as the mentally challenged younger brother of tLotR's Smaug.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1669 on: March 15, 2017, 01:41:30 PM »
There's a new student in my main school and initially I was a little worried she'd be super shy (she entered the classroom and didn't make eye contact and went and sat down and immediately started writing in a notebook). Turns out my coT has the students warm up by writing vocab in her classes and the new kid didn't realize my class was a bit different.

I asked her name and she was understandably a bit bashful but after exchanging introductions and getting started with class, she seemed to be pretty at ease and followed along with everyone else. I think she lucked out and landed in a class with good, genuinely nice students who are all being very inclusive and accepting.  They're a great class  :azn:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1670 on: March 15, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »

EnglishRose is the one I miss the most.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1671 on: March 16, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »

Dr.Genderpotato....she was great...

Offline mrc45

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1672 on: March 16, 2017, 01:06:40 PM »

Dr.Genderpotato....she was great...

She thought I was so sexy  :afro: :afro: :police: :police: :afro: :afro: :afro:
I was always here for the ladies :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

:huh:

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1673 on: March 16, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
I'm not as broke as I thought!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1674 on: March 16, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
^always a fabulous discovery! Like when you find $5 in your pocket that you neglected to remember existed.

Today I went to the travel school that has a student who's really into drawing.  I have a sketchbook I'd been doodling in and the kid was always super interested, so I figured I'd just make a gift of it to him after I'd copied the pages for myself.  (once he asked me "how much?" for a page. Lol kid, for you how about free?)

Kid was so delighted when he realized he could keep it!  Like his eyes nearly bugged out of his head.  Then in class the activity was "joining clubs" and I made them answer "why."  This kid made a "drawing club" and declared, "Drawing is my life!"  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1675 on: March 16, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
^always a fabulous discovery! Like when you find $5 in your pocket that you neglected to remember existed.

Today I went to the travel school that has a student who's really into drawing.  I have a sketchbook I'd been doodling in and the kid was always super interested, so I figured I'd just make a gift of it to him after I'd copied the pages for myself.  (once he asked me "how much?" for a page. Lol kid, for you how about free?)

Kid was so delighted when he realized he could keep it!  Like his eyes nearly bugged out of his head.  Then in class the activity was "joining clubs" and I made them answer "why."  This kid made a "drawing club" and declared, "Drawing is my life!"  :laugh: :laugh:

That's so cute! Last year I'd make fill in the blank sheets but I'd draw Finn and Jake having a conversation for the kids to fill in and they loved them. Some of them would draw pictures for me and I had one 6th grader draw the freakiest picture of a weird guy in a mask. He told me if I don't put the picture on my fridge the guy in the picture will kill me in my sleep. He had a terrible sense of humor just like me so I still have it hanging up. Not quite as cute as your story...

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1676 on: March 16, 2017, 02:08:28 PM »
:huh: :huh: :huh:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1677 on: March 16, 2017, 02:16:09 PM »

That's so cute! Last year I'd make fill in the blank sheets but I'd draw Finn and Jake having a conversation for the kids to fill in and they loved them. Some of them would draw pictures for me and I had one 6th grader draw the freakiest picture of a weird guy in a mask. He told me if I don't put the picture on my fridge the guy in the picture will kill me in my sleep. He had a terrible sense of humor just like me so I still have it hanging up. Not quite as cute as your story...

Yikes. 2 spooky.

I miss Dr. Genderpotato, too.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1678 on: March 16, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »

Yikes. 2 spooky.

I think I messed up that grade by letting them watch Goosebumps sometimes if they were good. They'd be really creepy sometimes like this one girl who kept telling me she wanted to steal my eyes because they were beautiful. They all decided during a unit on what career they wanted that they wanted to be horror make up artists or make a living as a Lotteria straw thief... The girls would make the nastiest fake wounds on their legs out of lip gloss and toilet paper and come into class screaming that the boys cut them. I miss my weird class :'( I don't know why I was the only teacher in the school who liked that grade...

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1679 on: March 16, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »

Yikes. 2 spooky.

I think I messed up that grade by letting them watch Goosebumps sometimes if they were good. They'd be really creepy sometimes like this one girl who kept telling me she wanted to steal my eyes because they were beautiful. They all decided during a unit on what career they wanted that they wanted to be horror make up artists or make a living as a Lotteria straw thief... The girls would make the nastiest fake wounds on their legs out of lip gloss and toilet paper and come into class screaming that the boys cut them. I miss my weird class :'( I don't know why I was the only teacher in the school who liked that grade...

That girl needs to watch/read Coraline.  Or maybe she's already seen it...