May 28, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 320003 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1660 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »
Now I want to know about Dr. Genderpotato

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1661 on: March 23, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »
You live in a town not a city and yet the air is still bad? I'm guessing you live on the West coast?...more coal plants there and yellow dust blows over from China...
Yep I'm just below Seoul near the coast. There are some factories around and there's also quite a bit of construction and I imagine all that dirt and dust gets blown around doesn't help.

My happy thing: I was having a hard time keeping up the peppy act (teaching with 10 different coteachers is draining), but an adorable little 2nd grade girl that came to winter camp told me that I look like a princess. It definitely lifted my spirits.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1662 on: March 23, 2017, 02:15:15 PM »
I have the coolest/funniest third graders in this whole dang country.

Offline hangyul

• Adventurer
« Reply #1663 on: March 24, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
The air is warming up. someone sat across from me at lunch, flowers are blooming, my kids are outside eating ice cream, playing soccer, and screaming.

Life feels pretty good rn.

Offline hangyul

• Adventurer
« Reply #1664 on: March 24, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
The air is warming up. someone sat across from me at lunch, flowers are blooming, my kids are outside eating ice cream, playing soccer, and screaming.

Life feels pretty good rn.

tho i suppose it is kinda sad that I get happy when someone sits across from me lol

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1665 on: March 27, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »
I had an amazing birthday celebration this weekend! On Saturday night my friends and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe and it was such a blast. Good food, friendly staff, decent music, and birthday perks! It was nice to see all my favourite people in the same place <3

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1666 on: March 28, 2017, 01:56:59 PM »
A 5th grade boy in my school has been stealing some of the teachers really nice high heel shoes. It's happened to 3 different sets of teachers.

It makes me happy that no matter what place you are in....kids are always weird.   :afro::cheesy:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #1667 on: March 28, 2017, 02:15:13 PM »
A 5th grade boy in my school has been stealing some of the teachers really nice high heel shoes. It's happened to 3 different sets of teachers.

It makes me happy that no matter what place you are in....kids are always weird.   :afro::cheesy:

That's his 페티쉬.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1668 on: March 28, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

Like... stealing them to keep? Or stealing them to just be cheeky?

I thought maybe he was being cheeky but who knows! They wont say who it is so it's hard to judge but I can't imagine any of them doing that.

:laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1669 on: March 28, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »
Birthday gift to myself: just ordered chicken so it should show up moments after I get home.

Offline Pauliney

• Waygookin
« Reply #1670 on: March 28, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
My CT gave me a bottle of grape-flavored Vitamin C today, since I was sick and lost my voice from a cold last week.

P.S. This thread is awesome! I was being a negative Nancy prior to reading it, then remembered at least half my day was actually fairly good to great.

Online chrislis90

• Adventurer
« Reply #1671 on: March 31, 2017, 07:42:26 AM »
I have a special student who is adorable. We frequently bump into each other walking to school and he's always so happy whilst shouting "원어민 쌤" Today he saw me and grabbed my hand and we walked to school together. A nice start to the day for what I can expect to be another patience testing day at my all boys middle.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #1672 on: March 31, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »
Had to move out since the breakup, and I just got a one-room for 2 000 000W key money and 300 000/month, 50 000/maintenance.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Internet is already here and I'm seeing Ghost in the Shell in an hour.

Life ain't so bad.

PS: I also have Neurin Maeul makgeolli and prosciutto chez moi, too. Boomshaka

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1673 on: April 04, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »
Had 3rd period free so I planned the lesson for the 4th period (5th graders), I was confident the lesson would be fun.

Right after I greeted the class, I glanced at the timetable and realised I'd gone f*cked up. I confused the number '4' of the period, on the timetable, with the grade number '5'. I'd prepared a lesson for the wrong grade. Class had started and I didn't have squat prepared.

I thought fast, wrote down a fun riddle on the board as a warmup. The kids spent about 3 minutes mulling over the answer until one bright kid got it. They really enjoyed the riddle and so did I... it gave me time to cook up a plan B, in the back of my head, while I was putting some spin on the riddle. Multitasking, like a boss.

I made a quick, yet thorough, review on the board, played a countdown practise game I made up on the spot, and used a bouncy ball which I found at the back of the drawer, to play the ball bounce game.
By the end the kids had a blast, they'd mastered the key expressions, and the HR teacher asked me where I got such an awesome game and if I could review the instructions on how to play it with her.

I felt like a damn baller.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1674 on: April 05, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »
Tomorrow is science day so I don't have to teach my spawn of satan grade 4's.
*happy dance*
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1675 on: April 05, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »
The rest of my classes for the day have been canceled for some reason.

I don't even know what to do with myself, this is great.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1676 on: April 05, 2017, 11:09:54 AM »
The rest of my classes for the day have been canceled for some reason.

I don't even know what to do with myself, this is great.

I quite literally felt joy for you when reading this :)
-A.A. Milne

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1677 on: April 05, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
I get a perverse pleasure from calling Cherry Blossoms "Sakura" in front of my middle school kids. The mock cries of anguish that ensue after I feign ignorance of the Korean name give me great joy. Am I pure evil?

Meh. I guess I don't really care haha :laugh:

Online HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1678 on: April 05, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
I get a perverse pleasure from calling Cherry Blossoms "Sakura" in front of my middle school kids. The mock cries of anguish that ensue after I feign ignorance of the Korean name give me great joy. Am I pure evil?

Haha, I should try telling mine that I'm going to the sakura festival this weekend.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1679 on: April 05, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

LOL, I do this too.
-A.A. Milne

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
The 2018 KOTESOL National Conference. Crossing Borders: Korean ELT in the Modern World. May 12 Kangnam University, Yongin
koreatesol.org/nc2018