November 19, 2017, 11:54:56 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196063 times)

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1640 on: March 02, 2017, 08:52:46 AM »
Anyone who's out, if you taught afterschool, I'll buy you a beer if you could tell me if it was added to your severance.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1641 on: March 02, 2017, 08:42:19 PM »
My Kodi add-Ons include a "Bruce Lee" stream.

:)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1642 on: March 03, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »
Surprisingly the "day of change" led to... not many changes.  At least not any immediately apparent ones.  Two teachers ended up not leaving (and one is the funny guy so that's great) and we only got three new ones. 

Because of a new student, we're not combining two tiny classes at my main school.  Which actually simplifies things so that's cool.  And we have an art teacher again!  I guess the one student tipped the student populace over the magic number to allow us funding for extra subjects.  Baller

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #1643 on: March 03, 2017, 10:19:56 AM »
My school just had a welcome ceremony for the kindergartners. Serious cuteness overload! And there is a girl:boy ratio of 11:5 so that makes my dreaded 30 mins a week teaching time much less dreaded  :azn:

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #1644 on: March 03, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »
OMG. Right? Yesterday my school did that too. Thank god for 14 years of Spanish. Otherwise my coteacher would have heard me say "omfg they are so cute. Can I teach them instead of my normal classes?"

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #1645 on: March 03, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »
OMG. Right? Yesterday my school did that too. Thank god for 14 years of Spanish. Otherwise my coteacher would have heard me say "omfg they are so cute. Can I teach them instead of my normal classes?"

;D ;D ;D ;D
RIGHT!! I needed to bump my teaching hours up so it was either 30 mins teaching my colleagues or 30 mins teaching the little adorables...erm, go figure  :azn:

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1646 on: March 03, 2017, 01:34:39 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D
RIGHT!! I needed to bump my teaching hours up so it was either 30 mins teaching my colleagues or 30 mins teaching the little adorables...erm, go figure  :azn:

Careful about that. I taught 30 minute Kindy classes for a year as part of my schedule at an elementary school at one point, but when the POE found out, I had to stop. Apparently even if the Kindy/Preschool is physically attached to an elementary school, they're sometimes actually separate entities as far as paperwork goes, and since our contracts forbid us from working for more than one employer, that's a no-go.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case for you, since it may well actually be part of your school legally. Hell, even if it isn't, you couldn't just... not care  :laugh:. What the POE doesn't know won't hurt you, haha. It's possible your school doesn't even know it could be an issues, too. Mine sure didn't, and they were like "What? Why don't you want to teach them anymore?" when I told them I have to stop.

I loved teaching the little ones and was super bummed when I to stop, but I wasn't really looking to cause any potential contract/legal problems.

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #1647 on: March 03, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »
well in a couple years, last years kindies will be in my lowest class. And I cannot wait. Those kids are some of the most adorable little students I have seen. And have been attempting to say say "hi teacher" since last year. I am amped not only for their willingness to try. But ugh... they need to stay this cute. Once they hit my lowest grade it is like someone turns on the coffee machine.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1648 on: March 03, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »
First dat teaching at this new school and the kids are super low level compared to what i'm used to BUT THEY'RE LITTLE ANGELS (so far)! I don't even hear them screaming through the halls on their way to class! There's no punching each other in the lunch line! No stabbing each other with pencils! Even tho I think they collectively spoke the same amount of English as one of my first graders would on a 20 minute bus ride to school, they're eerily well behaved o.o

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1649 on: March 06, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »
After school lessons start next week! Best news I could have possibly had today!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1650 on: March 06, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
Technical teacher is legit here for another year! Looks like he's head teacher this time too. Good for him. Also, great for the whole office that he's still here because he gets along with everyone and is the buffer between the teachers and the idiot admin guy. If not for that tool the science teacher probably would have stayed another year.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1651 on: March 09, 2017, 10:17:02 AM »
I was feeling a little down and out on Tuesday, because a bunch of my students were missing from class and some other teachers classes had been cancelled so they could go to the WBC game in Seoul to support their team. Then yesterday at lunch, another teacher came over and gave me a ticket to the game last night so I could go with the school. It was a lot of fun and the students were happy to see me. I was even given a  flag and sign to hold, though I didn't know what it said.

Offline Annini

• Newgookin
« Reply #1652 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »
Today I found that my school has just purchased a bunch of rainbow lightweight beanbags and distributed them throughout the rest areas of school. I just spent 20 minutes of my afternoon playing around with a bunch of 1st graders (who I don't get to teach) It really made my day brighter ^_^

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1653 on: March 09, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
I can finally print things again! Hurrah!

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1654 on: March 09, 2017, 04:47:55 PM »
Teaching at a new school this year and I can't believe how different everything is. Everyone is so kind to me and the principal is a riot and the kids are incredible. I have so, so much fun with them. And my co-teachers actually help me! I feel so unbelievably lucky.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1655 on: March 10, 2017, 08:47:22 AM »
The school took us to the Korea game last night again and it was so much fun! I know the students like me, but it's nice to see that it's not just an in-class thing, but that they actually want to talk to me and sit with me outside of class too.

I wore my Doosan stuff and a whole bunch of them rallied around me and we had a little Doosan fan area, haha.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1656 on: March 13, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »
My 5th graders always rush through their work trying to get out of class early. Knowing this, I prepared an extra work sheet for them. The horrified looks on their faces when I told them it wasn't homework was great. I gave them a 2nd worksheet for homework.

Muahahahahahahaha! Rush through my class again kids and see what happens.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1657 on: March 13, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
Teaching at a new school this year and I can't believe how different everything is. Everyone is so kind to me and the principal is a riot and the kids are incredible. I have so, so much fun with them. And my co-teachers actually help me! I feel so unbelievably lucky.

I am having the same experience. Have gone from a  hellish situation and now I am at multiple schools, where I am treated with so much kindness and I feel welcome. To me this is totally bizarre because of what I went through with my last contract. I keep waiting for someone to suddenly jump out in a scary clown outfit and say "just kidding" and then stab me with the blade of reality.  Today I messed up my time management with a class, and no one cared. It was ok. First lesson, you know. They are giving me some leeway.

It's nice and I like it.

*so wrote that, didn't post it and had my first after school class. They are all satan's spawn!!! I think this is what life calls "balance" hahahahahaha
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1658 on: March 13, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »

I am having the same experience. Have gone from a  hellish situation and now I am at multiple schools, where I am treated with so much kindness and I feel welcome. To me this is totally bizarre because of what I went through with my last contract. I keep waiting for someone to suddenly jump out in a scary clown outfit and say "just kidding" and then stab me with the blade of reality.  Today I messed up my time management with a class, and no one cared. It was ok. First lesson, you know. They are giving me some leeway.

It's nice and I like it.

*so wrote that, didn't post it and had my first after school class. They are all satan's spawn!!! I think this is what life calls "balance" hahahahahaha

Balance  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1659 on: March 14, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
4th period class got canceled.