November 19, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196056 times)

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1580 on: January 02, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
Received a package sooner than expected. Knocked me from my nap early but now I can toast a poptart and eat it on my way to the movies. c:

Omg. Coupang has hella pop tart selection. I know what's going on my next order...

https://www.coupang.com/np/search?component=&q=pop+tart&channel=user

:huh: My diet plans just died.

But day 1 of 3 of camp is done, nobody cried, nobody argued, the kids went home happy. Roll on tomorrow!

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1581 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »
I have my grade 3 camp this week. I'm teaching son number 4 in a family of 4 boys. They're all really good and generally funny kids.

Today we were starting a game and the youngest one walks up walks up unzips my sweater pats my stomach and says 'that's my boy.' My CT and I both lost it.  This lil bastards got this shit eating grin on and neither me nor my CT can punish him because we both thought he was hilarious.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1582 on: January 03, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
At the end of camp today, one of the students got a video call from another student who's spending the break in a different city and everyone got stupid excited. It was pretty cute  :azn:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1583 on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:56 PM »
The bathroom doors open out into the hallway, so you have to walk on the other side so you don't get hit. One of the worst behaved 4th grade boys apparently forgot because he was goofing off walking down the hall and the door swung open and smacked him. Not hard enough for him to get hurt, but hard enough for me to get a good laugh out of it.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:10:09 PM by flyingspider »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1584 on: January 04, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Camp went pretty well today. The girls got really into the crafts: Harry Potter wands and calligraphy. The lads participated, which is something. Some of the girls liked the craft so much they made two wands each.

Then we did fake tattoos and everyone was into it!  :laugh:

Though I wonder what their parents will think...

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1585 on: January 05, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
Right waygooks! I'm outta here! Last day of camp tomorrow but I'll be busy and leaving right after, then its back to England foreeeeeeeeevveeeerrrr! Take it easy and stay happy. few special mentions:
1) Good luck with the baby Donovan mate! don't let the mother-in-law boss you around.
2) Scarn, keep bringing comic relief to this bunch o' fools.
3) Get better Moonbrie, having health issues away from home sucks.
4) Pecan, learn to not be such a condescending, insufferable, know-it-all toolbag. people will like you more!

Whatgook out!!!!

gidget

« Reply #1586 on: January 06, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »
It's a beautiful, beautiful day. My office windows are open, the weather is wonderful, camp is over. I still need to clean but I love that if I need to, I CAN PUT THE HEATER ON!

Today is a wonderful, wonderful day. Even with cleaning up after camp.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1587 on: January 06, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »
LAST DAY OF CAMP and it's movie day!!

Offline hulme187

• Veteran
« Reply #1588 on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
After a long week of desk warming, in a few short hours my vacation can begin. Malaysia & Cambodia it is!!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1589 on: January 06, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »
Right waygooks! I'm outta here! Last day of camp tomorrow but I'll be busy and leaving right after, then its back to England foreeeeeeeeevveeeerrrr! Take it easy and stay happy. few special mentions:
1) Good luck with the baby Donovan mate! don't let the mother-in-law boss you around.
2) Scarn, keep bringing comic relief to this bunch o' fools.
3) Get better Moonbrie, having health issues away from home sucks.
4) Pecan, learn to not be such a condescending, insufferable, know-it-all toolbag. people will like you more!

Whatgook out!!!!

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Best of luck on all your future endeavors! ;D

deja vu

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1590 on: January 06, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
Making worms and dirt with the mystery dry whipped topping mix was a success! Whipped up mostly like regular whipped cream. I'd also been worried that there wouldn't be enough for everyone, but if anything there was too much. Looking forward to doing it with the afternoon session!

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1591 on: January 06, 2017, 01:53:19 PM »
The first week of camp is finished! Tomorrow is the Big Bang concert (the last one before TOP enlists :cry:), and I've planned some fun activities for next week so camp should continue to go well. In exactly one week I'll be on my way to the airport so I can fly home and cuddle my kitty for two weeks!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1592 on: January 06, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »
The first week of camp is finished! Tomorrow is the Big Bang concert (the last one before TOP enlists :cry:), and I've planned some fun activities for next week so camp should continue to go well. In exactly one week I'll be on my way to the airport so I can fly home and cuddle my kitty for two weeks!

Awesome~! I'm glad you decided to do so. Your cat will be so pleased

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1593 on: January 06, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
Camp is over! It's the longest possible time before I have to do another camp and I'm thrilled (although it actually went really well).

Next week: desk-warming! Time to get some studying done. The week after: 2nd Xmas in England! I basically demanded it and my family have graciously obliged.

Also, I applied for renewal and my school have already given me my timetable for next year and introduced me to my co-teacher so I think I'm a shoo-in & I'll be moving up to the elusive 1+ paygrade  ;D

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1594 on: January 06, 2017, 03:46:03 PM »
It's FRIDAY  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and I will eat ALL the pizza and hubby has something on tonight so I am just going to go home, shower and jump straight into my PJ's, pig out on that pizza and catch up on all my series... Life is good on a friday night!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1595 on: January 09, 2017, 10:16:36 AM »
Coupang. Poptarts have arrived.  :smiley:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1596 on: January 11, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »

Awesome~! I'm glad you decided to do so. Your cat will be so pleased
Thanks! I'm glad I am too. I've made a big list of everything I want to eat and do, and I'm really looking forward to being home.

Happy thing: Just two more days of camp! It's gone really well, but I'll be glad when it's done. Slime was a lot of fun today. It's interesting to watch the kids, because at first they hate touching the glue and demand a wet wipe any time they touch it (the first graders call them "teesh"). When the slime starts to form the refuse to touch and only use the spoon to mix it, but by the end of the class they're all messy and rolling it around and stretching it. It just takes a while to get there. ;D

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1597 on: January 19, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »
Between 20 - 21 minutes until vacation starts!! :D

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1598 on: January 23, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »
Today apparently the VP wants everyone to go to this certain restaurant for lunch and my coteacher was like "I recommend not to go, because I don't like this fish, and if you go I have to go"  :laugh:

It only took a year but it makes me happy that she's being open and honest with me, and that she'd trust me to go along with her "using the foreigner as an excuse not to go to lunch" scheme

I said sure and she giggled that she will "tell the VP nicely"

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1599 on: January 23, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
Today apparently the VP wants everyone to go to this certain restaurant for lunch and my coteacher was like "I recommend not to go, because I don't like this fish, and if you go I have to go"  :laugh:

It only took a year but it makes me happy that she's being open and honest with me, and that she'd trust me to go along with her "using the foreigner as an excuse not to go to lunch" scheme

I said sure and she giggled that she will "tell the VP nicely"

I assume this isn't JB? :laugh: