September 22, 2017, 01:35:47 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 173146 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1580 on: December 23, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1581 on: December 23, 2016, 01:08:56 PM »
 :shocked: I know what I'll be having for dinner every night until I get sick!!

As for the Manhattan clam chowder, it's not that great. New England is the way to go. :wink:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1582 on: December 23, 2016, 01:57:13 PM »

As for the Manhattan clam chowder, it's not that great. New England is the way to go. :wink:

My significant other ordered a moderately excessive amount of 청국장 and it had a slightly too-soon expiry date, so I've been eating 청국장 every night. I need a break from it. I love Cambell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder, but I can't eat that or I'll be filled with crushing guilt for a. the price and b. the calories. It must be nice to have fun with chowder.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1583 on: December 23, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »

Is Manhattan the tomato based clam chowder? I love mixing the two of them together, but plain, New England is my favorite.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1584 on: December 23, 2016, 02:42:10 PM »

Is Manhattan the tomato based clam chowder? I love mixing the two of them together, but plain, New England is my favorite.

Yeah, that's the one haha I mean it's not terrible or anything, it's just not... great. Lol

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1585 on: December 23, 2016, 02:45:38 PM »

My significant other ordered a moderately excessive amount of 청국장 and it had a slightly too-soon expiry date, so I've been eating 청국장 every night. I need a break from it. I love Cambell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder, but I can't eat that or I'll be filled with crushing guilt for a. the price and b. the calories. It must be nice to have fun with chowder.

Hahahahaha I'm sorry about that. I don't really like 청국장 so that would be almost torture for me.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1586 on: December 23, 2016, 02:59:26 PM »

Hahahahaha I'm sorry about that. I don't really like 청국장 so that would be almost torture for me.

I love it, and sig other and I have a friendly rivalry of who can make the best one. But yeah. Pretty sure my foreigner gut lacks the necessary flora or enzymes or whatever to process repeated 청국장 eatings.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1587 on: December 23, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
No one was signing up for our English camp when it was a typical 9-12 camp, so my coteacher changed it to be two 2-hour sessions (9:30-11:10 and 1:20-3:00). Not a ton of students have signed up, but enough that the classes shouldn't be too small. It looks like it's basically a first-graders' camp, too, which is convenient because I only have to plan for one level, not try to find things that work in a multilevel class. After my last class with some first graders, one of them was talking to me in the hall and I reminded her that this might've been our last class together, depending on how the February schedule works out "....but if you sign up for camp you can see me every day!!"

Same student just came over to my main coteacher's desk and asked for a camp sign up form and I made an exaggerated happy face at her and she said in Korean "I'll see you soon!!!!"

So adorable.

A couple other students came up too asking for camp forms, yay!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1588 on: December 26, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
One of my students sent me a text on Christmas wishing me "health, happiness, and everything you deserve~" along with an emoji tree

:cheesy:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1589 on: December 26, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »
The parents of a student I've been helping out want to take me to dinner as a thank you (she's graduating/moving so I suspect the whole bribe controversy is irrelevant here). Super sweet! But man I feel like it might be Awkward Fest 2016. Do I bring something?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 02:49:37 PM by chupacaubrey »

Offline fairydustangel8

• Explorer
« Reply #1590 on: December 26, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »
That I only have one more day of teaching with this co-teacher. Then her contract is up and she is gone. :)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1591 on: December 26, 2016, 05:42:15 PM »
Coupang shipment finally arrived! (A bit late due to ferry cancellations, but ain't nobody's fault but the weather) Now I can indulge in terrible but tasty canned goods >:D

What should be first? Chef boyardee or Campbell's chunky soup?  :laugh:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1592 on: December 27, 2016, 10:26:48 AM »
Coupang shipment finally arrived! (A bit late due to ferry cancellations, but ain't nobody's fault but the weather) Now I can indulge in terrible but tasty canned goods >:D

What should be first? Chef boyardee or Campbell's chunky soup?  :laugh:

Soup for dinner, Chef for dessert. #yolo

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1593 on: December 27, 2016, 10:58:56 AM »
Finally placed an order for some furniture that I've been wanting to get. Expected to arrive during my vacation and then I'll finally have a home that looks like a home instead of a live-in closet. Can't wait ~!

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1594 on: December 27, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »
Finally placed an order for some furniture that I've been wanting to get. Expected to arrive during my vacation and then I'll finally have a home that looks like a home instead of a live-in closet. Can't wait ~!

I got a bookshelf a few weeks ago and it changed my life.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1595 on: December 27, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »

It's the little things.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1596 on: December 27, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »

It's the little things.
It really is! I got a small wooden chest a week ago from the trash (people throw away so many good things here), and now my crochet supplies are neatly organized instead of in a big plastic bag.  8)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1597 on: December 27, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

It's the little things.
It really is! I got a small wooden chest a week ago from the trash (people throw away so many good things here), and now my crochet supplies are neatly organized instead of in a big plastic bag.  8)

I've seen a lot of good things getting tossed out, too, but I've been too afraid to take anything up because of a few stories I've read here and there.

Is it safe to take furniture with stickers on them? Those aren't for charity, right?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1598 on: December 27, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »

It's the little things.

I've seen a lot of good things getting tossed out, too, but I've been too afraid to take anything up because of a few stories I've read here and there.

Is it safe to take furniture with stickers on them? Those aren't for charity, right?

Hahahah I found a large bookshelf by the rubbish heap a few months ago. A bit beat up but still functional. Dragged that sucker back to my home on my own. Funny thing was, I had been contemplating getting one at the time so it was quite serendipitous.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1599 on: December 27, 2016, 01:56:54 PM »
At least half of my furniture back home was scrounged from the street or dumpsters.

Unfortunately my boyfriend got rid of most of it when I left for Korea because he just didn't want to deal with so much furniture.

I think we still have my favorite huge ottoman and my (and our cat's) favorite yellow chair though.

I'm looking forward to decorating when I get back. A little sad I can't bring some of the nice furniture I acquired here though. I hope I can get rid of everything.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment