November 19, 2017, 01:47:02 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195477 times)

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1480 on: December 16, 2016, 12:38:54 PM »
Having my apparently weekly movie night, trying to decide on a movie once again.

We watched Top Secret two weeks ago, Top Gun last week. I think this is henceforth going to be "goofy/homoerotic action movie night"

Anyone have suggestions up that alley? Lol

Xena, LOTR, Legend of the Seeker - anything filmed in NZ is your standard 'Homoerotic adventures in the wilderness.'

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1481 on: December 16, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »
Having my apparently weekly movie night, trying to decide on a movie once again.

We watched Top Secret two weeks ago, Top Gun last week. I think this is henceforth going to be "goofy/homoerotic action movie night"

Anyone have suggestions up that alley? Lol

Xena, LOTR, Legend of the Seeker - anything filmed in NZ is your standard 'Homoerotic adventures in the wilderness.'

Black Sheep? Once Were Warriors?

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1482 on: December 17, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »
I seem to always get lucky with apartment heating.

The people that live around me in my new place seem to love the temperature to be about 40C in there apartments, and their boilers are pumping out smoke in this cold weather non-stop.

I just got home from out of town and my apartment is sitting at 23C, outside is about 2.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1483 on: December 19, 2016, 08:52:57 AM »
Got word that I (most likely) won't have any more 3rd grade classes this school year. That means my mornings are free two days this week and almost guaranteed during the desk warming season in Feb.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1484 on: December 19, 2016, 11:46:53 AM »
2 of my 3 classes today were canceled. And the one I did have was 90% my coteacher lecturing. Easiest Monday with a cold ever.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1485 on: December 19, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »
I was gone all last week and part of the week before. My classes were rearranged in such away that I'm just teaching all the stuff I should have taught last week.

Anything that didn't fit was just cancelled.

And lunch was good. And there's fresh coffee.

Today is good.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1486 on: December 19, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
My co-teacher wants / wanted 3 weeks of winter camp, different students / grades each week, but there hasn't been a lot of interest. It is starting to look like I'll do 1 week, and the other 2 will be desk-warming. :D

I hope I didn't jinx this. :P

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1487 on: December 19, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »
My co-teacher wants / wanted 3 weeks of winter camp, different students / grades each week, but there hasn't been a lot of interest. It is starting to look like I'll do 1 week, and the other 2 will be desk-warming. :D

I don't mind if grades 3 and 4 sign up for mine but god I hope the fifth and sixth graders don't. :cry:

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1488 on: December 19, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »

I don't mind if grades 3 and 4 sign up for mine but god I hope the fifth and sixth graders don't. :cry:

Haha - I have to teach grades: 3,4,5, and 6 at the Elementary camp (I usually only teach grade 6 - so I think I am going to not do well for grades 3 and 4, not on purpose, but because I'm not used to them). I'm co-teaching this with another NET though.
and 1 and 2 at the MS.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1489 on: December 19, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Got an email from my accountant.  I owe about 1/4 the tax I thought I did.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1490 on: December 20, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »
Got a neuro referral, going after school today

Nervous but so ready to get to the bottom of this!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1491 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:09 AM »

Years ago, I got a bad concussion playing football with my students.  Never had it before, never want it again.  Horrible, horrible feeling.   Hot, then cold, shaking, then not, then dizzy, then ok, lasted two weeks.  I live in a small city 100 000 or so people.  I went to the 'neurologist' there, for a CT scan.  Firstly, when I entered the room, the guy 'in charge' of the machine was asleep with his feet up on the machine.  Great!  Secondly, after the scan I went back to the 'neurologist' for my results.  He didn't speak English, but what he did say in English was 'Hmmm, something is eating your brain......don't worry about it, goodbye'  :huh:  I thought that was it, number is up, what music for my funeral?  I'm a gonna!  Around that time in public schools, we could take our two weeks renewal in the middle of the contract, so I went home a couple of days early, to a proper neuro surgeon in England.  He said that area of the brain has different sizes, so don't worry.   :smiley: I lost 5 kilos in two weeks worrying about the first guy.   :-[

Something to tell the grandkids, I suppose.

Good luck with your scan, Mooncamembert!  ;D

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1492 on: December 20, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »

Years ago, I got a bad concussion playing football with my students.  Never had it before, never want it again.  Horrible, horrible feeling.   Hot, then cold, shaking, then not, then dizzy, then ok, lasted two weeks.  I live in a small city 100 000 or so people.  I went to the 'neurologist' there, for a CT scan.  Firstly, when I entered the room, the guy 'in charge' of the machine was asleep with his feet up on the machine.  Great!  Secondly, after the scan I went back to the 'neurologist' for my results.  He didn't speak English, but what he did say in English was 'Hmmm, something is eating your brain......don't worry about it, goodbye'  :huh:  I thought that was it, number is up, what music for my funeral?  I'm a gonna!  Around that time in public schools, we could take our two weeks renewal in the middle of the contract, so I went home a couple of days early, to a proper neuro surgeon in England.  He said that area of the brain has different sizes, so don't worry.   :smiley: I lost 5 kilos in two weeks worrying about the first guy.   :-[

Something to tell the grandkids, I suppose.

Good luck with your scan, Mooncamembert!  ;D

Ahahahha! Man that would be so anxiety-inducing. My non-catastrophic working hypothesis is that I have some kind of really tenacious infection which is causing it, since I've also been dealing with swollen lymph nodes

If nothing else, at least I reached the level of Expert Waygook before my curtain call  :afro:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1493 on: December 22, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »
first~

Offline strugglebunny

• Veteran
« Reply #1494 on: December 22, 2016, 07:36:30 AM »
Somehow I got out of doing winter camp for both of my schools, and due how I scheduled my vacation, I'm going to miss the last two weeks of teaching at my middle school making today my last day here.

It's a goddamn Christmas miracle.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1495 on: December 22, 2016, 07:49:18 AM »
The 3rd graders are going to Lotte World today, so I don't have to teach any of their classes. The 1st and 2nd graders are going to a play this morning, so they don't have any classes until after lunch. All my 1st and 2nd grade classes are before lunch, though, so I don't have to teach any of their classes, either. No classes at all for Mister Tim today. Score.

The question now is, do I fire up Skyrim? My work computer is actually my personal gaming laptop, so it's tempting...

Offline strugglebunny

• Veteran
« Reply #1496 on: December 22, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »
Another Christmas miracle! All my classes for today and tomorrow have been canceled.

The question now is, do I fire up Skyrim? My work computer is actually my personal gaming laptop, so it's tempting...

Oh man, I wish I had my laptop with Skyrim on it right now. :( Oh well, I guess I'll work on this  game that I'm translating for a contest whose deadline is coming up...

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1497 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
Someone made 2 massive things of popcorn for the teachers office and it is amazing. The smell alone made the day 100X better!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1498 on: December 22, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
So far 7 out of my 21 classes have been cancelled this week. I lightly suspect that some of them were "cancelled" because my coteacher didn't like my lesson and was worried JB would yell at me if she didn't like the lesson either, but whatever. Only had one class yesterday and only have one class today. If only I had brought my knitting! I'm trying to make a fancy scarf for not-girlfriend

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1499 on: December 22, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »
The sofa bed I bought to celebrate a successful re-signing  is on it's way. Hopefully here before christmas so people can sit at my party, and sleep on it after the party :D