November 20, 2017, 05:31:29 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196514 times)

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1400 on: December 08, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »
My loving and wonderful significant other has essentially moved into my extremely small one-room. Which necessitates that I never leave a speck of dirt of untidiness anywhere. A blessing, really. But exhausting.

Also, that CO2 - moonbrie - blazaforest exchange was Grade A posting quality.

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #1401 on: December 08, 2016, 12:29:42 PM »
wow I lucked out.

So, I got into this weird situation, where I got transferred to a school, but signed a 15 month contract or whatever, to make up for the runners months, but finish on the same dates as a year.

School is awesome, I only have one CT now, and she is young and cute, seems pretty down to earth.

Don't have to teach 6th grade at this school either.

Hopefully this next year goes awesome.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1402 on: December 08, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
My loving and wonderful significant other has essentially moved into my extremely small one-room. Which necessitates that I never leave a speck of dirt of untidiness anywhere. A blessing, really. But exhausting.

I hate that everything has to be bio-medical lab clean here. An empty glass of water that is on the table is not a reason  to not invite company over, dear.  :rolleyes:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1403 on: December 08, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »

I hate that everything has to be bio-medical lab clean here. An empty glass of water that is on the table is not a reason  to not invite company over, dear.  :rolleyes:

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1404 on: December 08, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »

Just wait until you're married. Hopping in the shower to quickly scrub your feet will become second nature when you get home.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »

Honestly, I like it. I just don't have the energy to maintain it. But I can submit myself to the yoke of laboratory cleanliness.

Unrelated: Brand New is such a wonderful band and I'm grateful they exist.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1406 on: December 08, 2016, 01:06:04 PM »

Just wait until you're married. Hopping in the shower to quickly scrub your feet will become second nature when you get home.

The wife and I often 'discuss' when is best to do the hoovering.  She always does it first and then dusts.  I have always done it last after dusting.  Cleaning time is always fun.

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
« Reply #1407 on: December 08, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »
I figured out a tricky way to help motivate me to keep my apartment (relatively) clean: Host movie nights!

In related news, I really gotta clean my apartment tonight  :laugh:

UGH I KNOW HAHA I sometimes get friends who ask me kind of last minute (the day before) if they can stay at my place and I'm simultaneously glad and panic-stricken. I need it to happen more often though so that my place will actually stay clean. :laugh:

I have to make that age old decision today, to leave/renew/transfer, and while my 3-way pro/con list is a cluster-**** of delights and terrors, the prospect of being in the position to have people crash at mine, has me leaning towards a transfer. A.k.a. to somewhere near my friends, where I can host dinner parties, and movie nights, and Cards Against Humanity arguments over hot toddies.

How else am I going to have the motivation to keep my apartment clean, and what else am I supposed to do with all these duvets, if not to burrito my tired and drunk friends in anticipation for tomorrow morning's coconut waffles?

blazaforest, you're invited to movie night! haha

I want some coconut waffles and someone to roll me up in a burrito

LUBE

you caught me, CO2. I was propositioning blazaforest for some freaky lesbian sex  :evil: :laugh:

Right tree to bark up, sure; but we're talking coconut milk here. Rethink them choices. And as for coconut oil lube - I dunno if ya'll have amassed vats of the stuff around your apartment like I have, but in the winter time; good luck lubing up with that mess.

As essentially a newbie to this Waygook chat noise - this is how one goes about getting kicked out, right?? Lmaooooooo :laugh:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1408 on: December 08, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »

I'm not married, but I already have to do that. To be fair, if you're wearing flipflops or something, your feet get hell of gnarly walking around outside.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1409 on: December 08, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »
I figured out a tricky way to help motivate me to keep my apartment (relatively) clean: Host movie nights!

In related news, I really gotta clean my apartment tonight  :laugh:

UGH I KNOW HAHA I sometimes get friends who ask me kind of last minute (the day before) if they can stay at my place and I'm simultaneously glad and panic-stricken. I need it to happen more often though so that my place will actually stay clean. :laugh:

I have to make that age old decision today, to leave/renew/transfer, and while my 3-way pro/con list is a cluster-**** of delights and terrors, the prospect of being in the position to have people crash at mine, has me leaning towards a transfer. A.k.a. to somewhere near my friends, where I can host dinner parties, and movie nights, and Cards Against Humanity arguments over hot toddies.

How else am I going to have the motivation to keep my apartment clean, and what else am I supposed to do with all these duvets, if not to burrito my tired and drunk friends in anticipation for tomorrow morning's coconut waffles?

blazaforest, you're invited to movie night! haha

I want some coconut waffles and someone to roll me up in a burrito

LUBE

you caught me, CO2. I was propositioning blazaforest for some freaky lesbian sex  :evil: :laugh:

Right tree to bark up, sure; but we're talking coconut milk here. Rethink them choices. And as for coconut oil lube - I dunno if ya'll have amassed vats of the stuff around your apartment like I have, but in the winter time; good luck lubing up with that mess.

As essentially a newbie to this Waygook chat noise - this is how one goes about getting kicked out, right?? Lmaooooooo :laugh:

yer cool mate

(the coconut oil lube thing was a reference from another thread; I have personally never used coconut oil as lube lmao)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:21:33 PM by moonbrie »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »
Rub a glob on a warm part of a body. Works every time.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2016, 01:28:04 PM »
coconut oil is for cooking. COOKING

the only thing I use coconut oil for is making vegan pie crusts lmao

man all it takes is bringing up lube once and I find out y'all are total freaks

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:31:41 PM by moonbrie »

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
« Reply #1412 on: December 08, 2016, 01:35:51 PM »
Waygooks Gone Wild: The Iherb Edition.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1413 on: December 08, 2016, 01:37:03 PM »
I wanted to click like but this isn't facebook

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1414 on: December 08, 2016, 02:01:03 PM »
During the holidays in Europe my credit card was copied.  In October, when I was proctoring my school students I got two messages on my phone saying I'd spent 200$ in Pizza Hut and 20$ in Subway in Peoria, Iilinois.  I called Hanacard straight away, saying they weren't mine.  They suspended the payment and told me to wait 50 days as they fight it out with the company.  Got a message today saying Hanacard won.  Almost like winning 250 000 won that.   ;D Next time, after I come back from Europe I'm going to cancel my card and get a new one. 

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1415 on: December 08, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »
During the holidays in Europe my credit card was copied.  In October, when I was proctoring my school students I got two messages on my phone saying I'd spent 200$ in Pizza Hut and 20$ in Subway in Peoria, Iilinois.  I called Hanacard straight away, saying they weren't mine.  They suspended the payment and told me to wait 50 days as they fight it out with the company.  Got a message today saying Hanacard won.  Almost like winning 250 000 won that.   ;D Next time, after I come back from Europe I'm going to cancel my card and get a new one.

Same thing happened with my wife's card, only I got the text during the night and saw it when I work up.

"Honey, did you sneak out last night and have a $100 party at the McDonald's in Brampton, Ontario?"

Went to the branch first thing, and there was a second charge that they declined.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1416 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:38 PM »

Same thing happened with my wife's card, only I got the text during the night and saw it when I work up.

"Honey, did you sneak out last night and have a $100 party at the McDonald's in Brampton, Ontario?"

Went to the branch first thing, and there was a second charge that they declined.
That's a lot of chicken burgers, seeing as they don't have any beef products.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1417 on: December 08, 2016, 03:10:28 PM »

위어드. I had never even heard of card-skimming devices until a couple of days ago when my dad had his card skimmed at a gas station and then a mysterious charge appeared on his card for $999.96 from a HyVee supermarket in Urbandale, Iowa. Not too far from Peoria, Illinois, as a matter of fact, but also not so far from where he lives in Wisconsin.  I'm not sure how much, if any, of that he's going to be able to recover. Congrats on your victory~!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:12:03 PM by donovan »

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1418 on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:58 AM »
During the holidays in Europe my credit card was copied. 

This happened last year also.  I was in Sweden and woke up in the morning with a message from the bank asking me to call them.  Some person had put through a transaction for 5000 won at some engineering company in Canada.  They were suspicious so stopped the card directly.  Then that person tried to put through a 1.2 million flight too.  Obviously declined. 

That's a lot of chicken burgers, seeing as they don't have any beef products.

That's what I thought.  Then after the Subway sandwich thing they tried to put through another 200 dollars at Pizza Hut, but that exceeded my limit.  That is one hungry dude.

위어드. I had never even heard of card-skimming devices until a couple of days ago when my dad had his card skimmed at a gas station and then a mysterious charge appeared on his card for $999.96 from a HyVee supermarket in Urbandale, Iowa. Not too far from Peoria, Illinois, as a matter of fact, but also not so far from where he lives in Wisconsin.  I'm not sure how much, if any, of that he's going to be able to recover. Congrats on your victory~!

Apparently, Hanacard requested a chargeback on VISA online.  She said it takes 50 days and if the foreign bank doesn't reply in that time, we can win the case.  Strange process.  I'd kind of written it off, so it is like getting 250 000 won.

I had heard that usually after they skim and copy, they wait a month or two before using.  Sneaky buggers.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1419 on: December 09, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »
Yesterday my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He came early but seems to be doing very well atm. But he is a tiny lil guy. Hoping and praying for the best.