September 20, 2017, 12:39:48 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 171665 times)

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »
One of my co-workers brought my co-teacher and I hot beverages and some cookies!  :angel:
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2016, 03:04:55 AM »
Bahaha everyone's offices sound ridiculous today.  My CTs and I went on an afternoon adventure on Tuesday just because we could. (When all the kids left for their trip.)

Today I only had to teach one class at my travel high school, and they watched an episode of Glee because they're one of two classes I have this week and I don't want them getting super far ahead.  It's a mechanics class of low-level, delinquent boys and one super studious girl (poor thing, haha), but they were all really into it.  My second class was canceled because the agriculture kids went on a field trip, so I got to go home by 10AM.  Then when I popped over to my main school at 1:20PM (as required), my CT told me everyone went on a business trip except him and one other teacher and that I could just go home if I wanted. :laugh:

And that's why I was MIA today. :smiley:

Offline dandred

• Veteran
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
Week eight of my semester starting on Monday, done a 1/4 of my year's work!

Only Seven weeks until my two and a half months vacation.  8)
12 years teaching experience. CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL, PhD candidate. Thank you.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »
Came in today needing to finish up a PPT only to find the class I needed it for is a lesson behind, so I don't need it until tomorrow :P

We're also apparently canceling 6th period and onward tomorrow so the teachers can go view cherry blossoms, uh, have a business trip. :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:08:34 PM by nomadicmadda »

Offline Aqvm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2016, 12:24:46 PM »
No school wednesdayyyyy

happydance.gif

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
No school wednesdayyyyy

happydance.gif

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I feel the same way so I copied your gif. :laugh: Unfortunately, I will be studying for the GRE all day that day, but on the bright side, I have more time now to study for the GRE. :laugh: Well, I have a month which is plenty of time, I guess.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »
So happy that in addition to Wednesday off, my school just informed me I'm not allowed to go with them on the field trip tomorrow so I get to stay home!  That means I get to go to the BANK!!!!  I'm so excited to get to send money home and NOT have to discuss it with my co-teacher, the other English teachers who sit around me, the vice principal, and the principal.

Offline flower-power-21

• Explorer
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2016, 01:27:49 PM »
Making test questions for the exam today makes me so happy because it means my "culture classes" are somewhat validated as important...which they are   ;D :wink:

Only one class today too~~  :smiley:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »
The weekend just ended but I can't wait for Wednesday! (Jindo's sea parting festival was pretty neat, btw)

It's been awhile, but I'm getting into baking again. I have no idea what temperature my little toaster oven heats to (there's no dial for degree options, only one heat setting) so it's all a bit trial and error. However, I have discovered that it can handle chicken! 

So o'er the weekend I attempted cookie cake for a friend's birthday. Laid the batter on a bit too thick so it ended up being more of a cookie loaf but the taste wasn't too shabby!  ;D

Offline Hodlpu

• Veteran
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »
Just finished a full day of work, 7 classes.  Now time to sit here with my iced coffee and relax.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »
Ohhhh yeah.  Walked into my 7th hour class ready to start.  Everyone was running around and yelling in Korean.  My co-teacher says "wait a minute".  Homeroom teacher is summoned.  Five minutes later it's confirmed class is canceled because the kids are legally obligated to undergo pre-field trip training or something.  I'm not even mad about the koreanness of it all because my least favorite class is canceled, launching off my two days of midweek vacation.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2016, 06:01:40 PM »
Ohhhh yeah.  Walked into my 7th hour class ready to start.  Everyone was running around and yelling in Korean.  My co-teacher says "wait a minute".  Homeroom teacher is summoned.  Five minutes later it's confirmed class is canceled because the kids are legally obligated to undergo pre-field trip training or something.  I'm not even mad about the koreanness of it all because my least favorite class is canceled, launching off my two days of midweek vacation.

Any ideas on what that entails?
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »
I think they had to watch something for 20 minutes?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2016, 01:04:23 AM »

Any ideas on what that entails?

I am guessing "If the boat sinks, g t f o"

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »
Apparently we're canceling afternoon classes so the teachers can go to a temple together and see the cherry blossoms :laugh: Do we ever teach around here?!

Offline ChickenLegsMcGee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2016, 03:12:07 PM »
I just taught my last class ever in Korea! How wonderfully bittersweet. AND 1000 posts all at the same time! Glad to end things on a high note.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:15:16 PM by ChickenLegsMcGee »
Open your mind.

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »
I just taught my last class ever in Korea! How wonderfully bittersweet. AND 1000 posts all at the same time! Glad to end things on a high note.

and how many years?

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2016, 03:55:36 PM »

Congrats! msut be a good feeling. I only have 4 more paydays to go then I am outttt, can't wait  8)

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2016, 07:15:26 PM »
I was given my schedule for the year quite awhile ago.
My one CT more or less seemed to think that moving classes on days off, field trips, holidays etc. was totally legit.

(I teach the class biweekly so it always seemed to come back on the days when I wasn't supposed to be there ie. I teach her classes for her.)

I just sat on this until today as I knew it would begin next week. Dropped off the 'oh and make sure you mark down my overtime for next week (about 6 hours around 6 separate weeks throughout the semester).

I of course, don't care in the slightest about the money. I also happened to have looked through the semesters courses and come up with alternate plans that allowed me to teach all of my classes while staying within my time constraints. She gave me the 'it averages' excuse. I have the 'I don't care' response.

My old CT (now mentor to my new CT neither of whom is the one with this problem) came in to help us sort it out. She knows I don't care about the money, asked me why and when I said the money, she gave me the 'your bullshitting look.'

They talked it out with my ever so slight alterations to the schedule suggested at opportune moments.

I now don't have 6 weeks with overtime. My CT has to teach all of her classes and I'm happy as a pig in shit because I not only got exactly what I wanted but some extra on top.

(I thought 2 of those 6 weeks were not up for change, apparently they were, my CT just wanted to end the semester two weeks early and have me teach overtime so she could.)

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »
FRIDAY NUMBER 2!!

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment