September 25, 2017, 08:12:33 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 174166 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1280 on: November 02, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »
MY FIRST PERIOD GOT CANCELLED OH WHAT A DAY

You haven't had your period yet????????

#babytime
#proudmama
#glowing

ahh we have fun

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #1281 on: November 02, 2016, 11:10:34 AM »
Classes cancelled, and I'm wearing socks with weed leaves on them because Koreans don't know what weed leaves look like.

South Koreans may not but North koreans...

http://www.vice.com/read/north-korea-is-stoned-all-the-time-which-explains-a-lot

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1282 on: November 02, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »
Apparently winter cleaning also entails disposing of random snacks onto my desk.

One is a sack of individually wrapped dark chocolates-- pretty good stuff, so I'm not complaining  :laugh:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1283 on: November 03, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »
one of my kids made a pretty good multilingual joke in class and I just absolutely died. He was incredibly pleased that I understood it, too. I don't think it comes off well just telling over text, but I'll tell it anyways:

There was a bee in the classroom (??? I don't know how they're not all dead); fortunately it was only near the boys so they didn't freak out, and just pointed out the bee to me. I swatted it away a bit and it flew up towards the ceiling, and the boy pointed at it and said "be-동사"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1284 on: November 03, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »
Cubs Win! Cubs Win!

Not a huge Cubs fan, but nice to see the curse broken.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1285 on: November 03, 2016, 05:26:32 PM »
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1286 on: November 03, 2016, 06:29:21 PM »
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS

I asked one of my classes if they watched baseball, the MLB (since KLB just had their final last night) and one of the boys hopped up out of his chair and ran around shouting and giving play by plays, he was so excited.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1287 on: November 03, 2016, 07:05:09 PM »
Art teacher is boss. He'll randomly show me fun tools he acquires.

Thanks to him, I've tried out a dremel and a hot-wire foam cutter!!  8)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1288 on: November 04, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
Art teacher is boss. He'll randomly show me fun tools he acquires.

Thanks to him, I've tried out a dremel and a hot-wire foam cutter!!  8)

Man, Dremels are the coolest tool I've always wanted but never needed enough to justify buying. SO MANY THINGS you can do with one.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1289 on: November 04, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »
Originally posted this in the wrong thread.   :undecided:

Related to this game that maximmm created:

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,101255.msg664822.html#msg664822

I hadn't really considered how the game may freak out adults until one of my coTs let out a scream during class today. Was absolute madness afterwards. Controlled chaos is always fun.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1290 on: November 04, 2016, 03:21:58 PM »

I hadn't really considered how the game may freak out adults until one of my coTs let out a scream during class today. Was absolute madness afterwards. Controlled chaos is always fun.
How scary was it actually? I'm thinking about doing it next week for the second half of next weeks lessons.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1291 on: November 04, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »

How scary was it actually? I'm thinking about doing it next week for the second half of next weeks lessons.

Hard to judge that, but scary enough that it gets a lot of reactions out of each class, some more than others depending on how exaggerated a student or three will act before and during. It shows clips from various horror movies.

The modified version I shared removes the jump scares on the menu slide and also contains question/answer slides. Created it because my kids are the types who beg to play "Bloody Mary" only to be the first ones to bolt from the bathroom before you can finish the second chant.

maximmm's original is more fun, imo, and can be used more flexibly with a larger variety of activities and lessons.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1292 on: November 04, 2016, 06:31:07 PM »
one of my kids made a pretty good multilingual joke in class and I just absolutely died. He was incredibly pleased that I understood it, too. I don't think it comes off well just telling over text, but I'll tell it anyways:

There was a bee in the classroom (??? I don't know how they're not all dead); fortunately it was only near the boys so they didn't freak out, and just pointed out the bee to me. I swatted it away a bit and it flew up towards the ceiling, and the boy pointed at it and said "be-동사"

Nice  8)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1293 on: November 04, 2016, 06:37:24 PM »

Nice  8)

I'm glad someone appreciated it lol

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1294 on: November 07, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »

Hard to judge that, but scary enough that it gets a lot of reactions out of each class, some more than others depending on how exaggerated a student or three will act before and during. It shows clips from various horror movies.

The modified version I shared removes the jump scares on the menu slide and also contains question/answer slides. Created it because my kids are the types who beg to play "Bloody Mary" only to be the first ones to bolt from the bathroom before you can finish the second chant.

maximmm's original is more fun, imo, and can be used more flexibly with a larger variety of activities and lessons.
I had actually planned to use maximmm's for Halloween, but it did not work at all. I would click on the letter and it would take me to the slide, but then just showed a gif and a point. I couldn't figure out if there was some other way to play, or...

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1295 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
School served macaroons with lunch. Yum.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1296 on: November 07, 2016, 04:45:10 PM »
I ranted last week about how we weren't allowed to buy prizes for our Golden Bell competition, but today "they" (still have no idea who they are) changed their mind so the prizes have been ordered!

Also I found a pretty pink sweater in the Suwon station shopping area for only 10,000 won. In America buying a piece of clothing without trying it on would be unthinkable, but I've become used to it here. In some ways it makes shopping easier because after I've bought it I feel obligated to wear it, and I'm far too critical of clothes when I try them on. I may go back and get another one in a different color. ;D

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #1297 on: November 07, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
I didn't think my school had hot water. They do beside the main office!
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1298 on: November 07, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »
I had actually planned to use maximmm's for Halloween, but it did not work at all. I would click on the letter and it would take me to the slide, but then just showed a gif and a point. I couldn't figure out if there was some other way to play, or...

Sounds like your computer is either missing some software or some codecs to play the media files.

Do you know what version of Powerpoint is installed on the computer?

The media files are mp4, I think. maximmm posted a link for some codecs. You can try installing those. If it still doesn't work... try installing Quicktime for Windows. Restart the computer after installation and try again.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1299 on: November 08, 2016, 09:40:22 AM »
I don't have any classes tomorrow because of a field trip. And I get to go with them!

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment