September 25, 2017, 07:00:25 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 174532 times)

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1140 on: October 14, 2016, 04:36:35 PM »

I understand being timid about it. I'm actually too scared to ask girls out back in NZD now, due to terrible experiences with rejection. I've asked girls out for dinner and have: been spit on, publicly ridiculed (like you think you are good enough for me?! - type thing, but a little worse, and got people around to chime in), one girl even got a male friend of hers, to beat the crap out of me for asking her out to dinner. This is why I've never even been on a date before. :/ I'm still terrified of rejection, but being away from NZ has helped me with it - dunno why either. haha.

Err ... am I the only one who feels like there's more to these rejections than Kayos lets on?

Were you pinching your nipples while asking the girl out like the guy from the news article in the other thread?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nipple-man-arrested_us_57894e5be4b03fc3ee50ef53

Of course you will find trouble if you do this.   :laugh: :laugh:
Seriously, don't let other people beat you up and if you do get beat up make sure that they had such a tough time that they regret touching you.  Find a fight gym and learn how to throw a punch.  I am glad you are having a better time with the ladies here.

That dude creeps me out. :o
While I feel sorry, and grossed out, for the people he was creeping out. It actually gave me a laugh. :o

I don't like real life violence! D:
Thanks! :3

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1141 on: October 14, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »
Not gonna lie, the deadpan look on his face with the absurdity of his actions is kinda humorous. I mean it looks more like something that oughta be on a Japanese version of the Onion. But definitely hella creepy and I'd be so creeped out if I'd been anywhere near him.

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1142 on: October 14, 2016, 04:45:49 PM »
In the last two weeks I've passed my Trinity Diploma in  TESOL, scored an awesome new job as an Academic Manager in England starting January, and got married.  8) it's been a successful couple of weeks.

And my heap of crap car stopped making this weird noise it was making. An added bonus.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1143 on: October 14, 2016, 04:47:33 PM »
Pokemon sun and moon in about 4 weeks!! :D
I've also managed to avoid a lot of spoilers and leaks! :D

While I love Pokemon and Pokemon culture, I don't understand how anyone has time to play them anymore. The last Pokemon game I beat was Silver, and even then, with the introduction of stuff like items, breeding, etc, not to mention tons of new Pokemon every generation, the amount of time and effort it would take to play it anything more than just superficially is way more than I'll ever have to spare.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1144 on: October 14, 2016, 05:07:30 PM »
In the last two weeks I've passed my Trinity Diploma in  TESOL, scored an awesome new job as an Academic Manager in England starting January, and got married.  8) it's been a successful couple of weeks.

And my heap of crap car stopped making this weird noise it was making. An added bonus.

Sweet. Though I'd say you were crazy to schedule your wedding around exam time! :shocked:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1145 on: October 14, 2016, 05:19:10 PM »

While I love Pokemon and Pokemon culture, I don't understand how anyone has time to play them anymore. The last Pokemon game I beat was Silver, and even then, with the introduction of stuff like items, breeding, etc, not to mention tons of new Pokemon every generation, the amount of time and effort it would take to play it anything more than just superficially is way more than I'll ever have to spare.

Agreed. Last I played was Crystal. And even then I just did a basic run through and didn't really delve into the newer mechanics like breeding. Gotta be more selective of my games due to time constraints. Not really up to committing to anything that's gonna be super involved.

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1146 on: October 14, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »

Sweet. Though I'd say you were crazy to schedule your wedding around exam time! :shocked:

Ahhhh the exam was in August but I just got my result recently. yeh that wasn't clear sorry.

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1147 on: October 14, 2016, 05:22:18 PM »

I just play whenever I can. I don't know how to drive, I've had a few lessons, but didn't enjoy it. So while I take the bus / train, I'll be playing. I also play while eating lunch / breakfast. I'm also not much of a social person, so I usually spend my weekends playing games. With Pokemon bank being a thing now, I have stored a living Pokedex in there (1 of every Pokemon which I can keep adding to).

While I was at university: I was studying full time, working part time, going to the gym, and learning Japanese (self teaching through books and once a week language exchange class). I still managed to put over 1000 hours into Pokemon Y just playing whenever I could like that. I used a couple vacation days to stay home and play through the Pokemon storyline too, for the day it came out and a couple right after. I couldn't afford to travel then, being a student and all, and I would never take vacation time - I always had lots of vacation time owing to me, because I would never take it - so it made my work happy that I used a couple days there; they didn't like the big payouts that came when people left with lots of vacation time owing.

Also, I'm not sure if you have kept up with the changes to Pokemon, but X and Y really lowered the amount of time needed to sink into the game. You don't have to grind lots and lots to get max level now, breeding and stuff is a lot easier as well. It's also my 2nd favourite generation after gen 2: gold / silver / crystal.
If you are into competitive Pokemon, that is generally when you need to sink lots of time into it now, however, a lot of the people who play competitively cheat (use external devices to create / modify Pokemon) to take away some of the time constraint. While I'm completely against that, I don't think it is worth arguing about.

The other thing I forgot to mention: with X and Y they added what is called O-power and the 3DS has a built in pedometer. The cool thing about these is: The o-power gauge recharges faster, the higher your pedometer count is. At 2000 steps, you get 1 orb back every 3-4 minutes; at 3000 steps, every 2-3 minutes; and at 4000 steps, it's every 1 - 2 minutes. They give temporary 3 minute out of battle buffs / a once per battle buff. This actually helped me go to the gym more often. My gym was about 3300 steps from my house, so walking to to the gym and back every morning got my 4000+ walked for the day. I'd sometimes play when I was using the exercycles as well.

TL;DR: I just play when I can, as it has been made to be not as time consuming as it used to be.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1148 on: October 14, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »
Kayos: so how IS the story? I only ever played the 1st and 2nd gen games, and the storylines were pretty basic back then. I tend to gravitate more towards story-centric games.

Did you play the older ones as well? I'm curious what you think about how the games have evolved (hahah) over time.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1149 on: October 14, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »
I liked pokemon Y, but then I became obsessed with getting a shiny torchic through breeding and then I got like mentally stuck on it because I felt like I couldn't progress in the game until I got my shiny

whoops

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1150 on: October 14, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »
Kayos: so how IS the story? I only ever played the 1st and 2nd gen games, and the storylines were pretty basic back then. I tend to gravitate more towards story-centric games.

Did you play the older ones as well? I'm curious what you think about how the games have evolved (hahah) over time.

I've played every generation of the main Pokemon games :P Pokemon red is the first I ever played, but blue was the first I ever owned.

I think they have 'evolved' a bit more (I got it too! ;) ) The legendary Pokemon are actually pretty intregal to the main storyline now. The bad guys are a bit more complex than team rocket. Meaning, they generally do bad things, but for what they believe is a good cause. Also, as of Omega ruby / Alpha sapphire, you get more storyline stuff after you beat the elite 4 as well. I'm hoping this will be a continuing trend. It is still a bit basic (it's designed with kids in mind afterall), but it is more deeper than 'team rocket trying to take over the world' now. I hope that answers your question. :D

Also - Your character can actually sit on chairs now! When you walk into a pokemon center on your birthday, nurse joy wishes you a happy birthday (other stuff happens in the Pokemon center too, and lasts until you leave the pokemon center after midnight, or just at midnight. You can do trades / battles online with people over the internet now too. Trading is a bit harder this way, as you can't communicate with randoms, unless they agree to voice while trading (most don't do that though).

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1151 on: October 14, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »
I love that my middle school kids love Modern Family. So happy they laugh even if they may not understand. (I always check the episodes first ;) )

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1152 on: October 14, 2016, 06:06:38 PM »
Thanks Kayos, I think that does answer my question. Playing a new version of pokemon is mighty tempting... guess I'll just add it to the slew of games already on my backlog list  :laugh:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1153 on: October 14, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »
So apparently a bunch of my students are volunteering at the Seoul Kimchi Festival this weekend and missed class because they were doing a dragon dance there and stuff. There were only 6 kids in this class that weren't involved in it, and out of those 6, 4 skipped. So there were two boys, both whom I really like cuz they are talkative and fun, and we just played card games with the deck I keep at my desk. I taught them an American game, one taught us a Korean game, and the other taught us a Chinese game. Best way to end a Friday!

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1154 on: October 17, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »
Thanks Kayos, I think that does answer my question. Playing a new version of pokemon is mighty tempting... guess I'll just add it to the slew of games already on my backlog list  :laugh:

It's all good! I'm always happy to help!
Pokémon has actually given me a great rapport with my elementary students, and a few middle school students. They all love Pokémon, and when I told them I love Pokémon, they went nuts haha.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1155 on: October 17, 2016, 04:48:06 PM »
Yes!! Pokemon (and Minecraft) are awesome for building rapport with the young 'uns. I prepped some Pokemon & Minecraft themed coloring sheets for a lesson on colors and they went nuts over 'em ^^

I also have a Pikachu earring which they always take delight in and I painted a Dratini on my phone case (cause the original color was fugly) that is recognized by younger students I don't even teach.  :laugh:

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1156 on: October 17, 2016, 04:48:35 PM »

Pokémon has actually given me a great rapport with my elementary students, and a few middle school students. They all love Pokémon, and when I told them I love Pokémon, they went nuts haha.

I literally have time to play maybe one or two games a year these days. I envy you.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1157 on: October 17, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
I wish I had time for more. There's a reason my backlog list is so huge, hahaha

As it is, I enjoy staying in on weekends and haven't much of a social life so I'll probably chip away at a fair few though I doubt finishing all the games I want to is doable in my lifetime haha

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1158 on: October 17, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »
Yes!! Pokemon (and Minecraft) are awesome for building rapport with the young 'uns. I prepped some Pokemon & Minecraft themed coloring sheets for a lesson on colors and they went nuts over 'em ^^

I also have a Pikachu earring which they always take delight in and I painted a Dratini on my phone case (cause the original color was fugly) that is recognized by younger students I don't even teach.  :laugh:

Nice! My bag is the bag I got at Blizzcon 2010, it has deathwing, the queen of blades, and Diablo on it. My students love it because they recognise the Blizzard logo (due to loving overwatch). I also have a Pokémon t-shirt I wore on my first day to the elementary, and kids went crazy over that too. :P
Some of the younger kids that I don't teach at the elementary will swarm around me if they see me in it now too. They'll try use their very limited English to talk to me about Pokémon. :D

I literally have time to play maybe one or two games a year these days. I envy you.

Sorry to hear that :(
I'm a huge introvert, so I often give up social opportunities to play games. However, not always. I've been trying to be more social though! Since coming to Korea, I've been going to most social occasions I've been invited to!

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1159 on: October 17, 2016, 05:51:54 PM »

Nice! My bag is the bag I got at Blizzcon 2010, it has deathwing, the queen of blades, and Diablo on it. My students love it because they recognise the Blizzard logo (due to loving overwatch). I also have a Pokémon t-shirt I wore on my first day to the elementary, and kids went crazy over that too. :P
Some of the younger kids that I don't teach at the elementary will swarm around me if they see me in it now too. They'll try use their very limited English to talk to me about Pokémon. :D

Sorry to hear that :(
I'm a huge introvert, so I often give up social opportunities to play games. However, not always. I've been trying to be more social though! Since coming to Korea, I've been going to most social occasions I've been invited to!

Haha. I also am a huge introvert, and need copious amounts of me-time. I just never have time for me time. I give up social events to spend time with my significant other, and then on the rare occasion I have a chance to see my friends, I do that. Then whenever I do have time for myself, it's always spent cleaning, doing laundry, running errands, cooking dinner, etc etc. Endless chores and to-do lists. I can never let myself do something fun like play vids when I have work I should be doing, or else I feel majorly guilty.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment