November 19, 2017, 11:50:07 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196060 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1080 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26:20 AM »
Actually I've been wondering if I should say anything to this one guy I know... he's very flirty with me, especially by Korean standards, but his English speaking ability is extremely low (listening is better, I found recently that we could have a half-decent conversation with me speaking English and him, Korean). He's so cute but I have no idea what you even say in that kind of situation haha!

I'm a really skeptical / cynical person, so ignore me if you want, but to me it sounds like he's trying to use you. He probably knows he's cute and is using that to his advantage.

On the other hand, he could just genuinely be interested in you, but again, I'm not the trusting type. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure if he's like the cutest by traditional standards. But he hasn't asked me to teach him English so... hah

Not yet anyway. :P (kidding)

It's been suggested to me that I ask him to teach me Korean lol. At any rate, I feel like I have to say something because one time recently he pretended like he was going to kiss me "as a joke"

No matter how I think about it, you don't pretend to kiss someone unless a. you're really super close (we're not) or b. you're interested in that person hahha

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1081 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:17 AM »

I understand being timid about it. I'm actually too scared to ask girls out back in NZD now, due to terrible experiences with rejection. I've asked girls out for dinner and have: been spit on, publicly ridiculed (like you think you are good enough for me?! - type thing, but a little worse, and got people around to chime in), one girl even got a male friend of hers, to beat the crap out of me for asking her out to dinner. This is why I've never even been on a date before. :/ I'm still terrified of rejection, but being away from NZ has helped me with it - dunno why either. haha.

Err ... am I the only one who feels like there's more to these rejections than Kayos lets on?
While that was my initial thought as well, unless he was coming at the girls naked, there really is no reason to beat someone up to the point of putting them in the hospital. So while there are two sides to the story, that's still too much.

@moonbrie You might as well go for it! You can ask for Korean lessons to test the waters, or play off asking him out for coffee by just saying you need a quick caffeine fix cuz you're tired or whatever, haha.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1082 on: October 13, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
Whoops lol sorry to have derailed this Raving/Happiness thread...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1083 on: October 13, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »
I found that missing thumb drive that I thought I lost forever. $50 saved!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:48:39 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1084 on: October 13, 2016, 10:25:41 AM »

I understand being timid about it. I'm actually too scared to ask girls out back in NZD now, due to terrible experiences with rejection. I've asked girls out for dinner and have: been spit on, publicly ridiculed (like you think you are good enough for me?! - type thing, but a little worse, and got people around to chime in), one girl even got a male friend of hers, to beat the crap out of me for asking her out to dinner. This is why I've never even been on a date before. :/ I'm still terrified of rejection, but being away from NZ has helped me with it - dunno why either. haha.

Err ... am I the only one who feels like there's more to these rejections than Kayos lets on?

While I can understand thinking that way. I don't feel like I am a creep or anything.
All I said was "I think you are both pretty and nice, would you want to get some dinner with me sometime."
I don't ask complete strangers / people I just met out, as I'm not comfortable around people I don't know well, so these were all people who had known me, and I had known, for a decent amount of time. I think that if I were a crazy creep, they would have cut me out of their lives long before that.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1085 on: October 13, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »
Whoops lol sorry to have derailed this Raving/Happiness thread...

Me too!

To try get it back on track. My co-teacher has asked me to do a 2 week test /exam with my G1 middle schoolers, which started today. They were super well behaved during it.
I have no idea what it is for though, as I don't think it is an official test / exam (since I had to write it myself).

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1086 on: October 13, 2016, 10:45:28 AM »
This might not be traditionally "happy", but for me it was

So, I think I've posted before about my boss coteacher and how she can be really mean to me because she thinks my lessons aren't engaging enough for the students (and won't give me advice on how to improve), even though they go really well in every class BUT hers.

We had one class together today where a handful of the boys were gone for some kind of practice. The students were much better-behaved and class went much more smoothly than usual. She complimented the students afterwards for their good behavior and made a comment to me about how usually this class is difficult.

I said "Yeah, it seems like you have bad luck, most of your classes are bad"

Her, "I think so! I'm sorry to you, I can't do anything about it"

Seriously, going from her literally dragging me so hard that I cried my second month to her admitting it's more the students than me is just... so relieving

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #1087 on: October 13, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »

While I can understand thinking that way. I don't feel like I am a creep or anything.
All I said was "I think you are both pretty and nice, would you want to get some dinner with me sometime."
I don't ask complete strangers / people I just met out, as I'm not comfortable around people I don't know well, so these were all people who had known me, and I had known, for a decent amount of time. I think that if I were a crazy creep, they would have cut me out of their lives long before that.

Sounds very weird. Unlucky, dude.

To get things back on track ... two of my best mates from uni are in Tokyo, and I'm planning to visit them ... should be fun!! ^^^^

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #1088 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:50 AM »
I lost my phone/wallet at an all-you-can-drink beer fest this weekend.

It got posted to me today with everything still inside.

Korea, you can be a good country sometimes.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1089 on: October 13, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »

Replace your credit cards.  They may have been cloned.

Offline Space

• The Legend
« Reply #1090 on: October 13, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »

Replace your credit cards.  They may have been cloned.

Many thanks for your concern. I did just that.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1091 on: October 13, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
I found that missing thumb drive that I thought I lost forever. $50 saved!

Jesus. That's an expensive thumb drive.

At least you got the data and stuff back on it if there was any.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T61J4MO/ref=pd_sim_147_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QT2ZCEZ3VR4K72SVF2YS

I got it on sale while back in the States during vacation.

I don't keep anything sensitive on it, but I use it to transfer files AND to serve as a convenient backup for work stuff, and it's a really good drive, so I was super pissy after I lost it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:52:34 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1092 on: October 13, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »
I just really enjoy having banter with students. It doesn't happen too often due to some of their levels, but when it happens its great.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1093 on: October 14, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »
Pokemon sun and moon in about 4 weeks!! :D
I've also managed to avoid a lot of spoilers and leaks! :D

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1094 on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
Yay for free stationery stuff from random companies! Just got new pencils and sticky notes  :afro:

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #1095 on: October 14, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »

Were you pinching your nipples while asking the girl out like the guy from the news article in the other thread?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nipple-man-arrested_us_57894e5be4b03fc3ee50ef53

Of course you will find trouble if you do this.   :laugh: :laugh:
Seriously, don't let other people beat you up and if you do get beat up make sure that they had such a tough time that they regret touching you.  Find a fight gym and learn how to throw a punch.  I am glad you are having a better time with the ladies here.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1096 on: October 14, 2016, 12:59:21 PM »
...he was a welfare caseworker too...

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #1097 on: October 14, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »
...he was a welfare caseworker too...

and he terrorized Japan for three years...

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1098 on: October 14, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »

Were you pinching your nipples while asking the girl out like the guy from the news article in the other thread?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nipple-man-arrested_us_57894e5be4b03fc3ee50ef53

Of course you will find trouble if you do this.   :laugh: :laugh:
Seriously, don't let other people beat you up and if you do get beat up make sure that they had such a tough time that they regret touching you.  Find a fight gym and learn how to throw a punch.  I am glad you are having a better time with the ladies here.

That dude creeps me out. :o
While I feel sorry, and grossed out, for the people he was creeping out. It actually gave me a laugh. :o

I don't like real life violence! D:
Thanks! :3

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1099 on: October 14, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »
Not gonna lie, the deadpan look on his face with the absurdity of his actions is kinda humorous. I mean it looks more like something that oughta be on a Japanese version of the Onion. But definitely hella creepy and I'd be so creeped out if I'd been anywhere near him.