September 27, 2017, 03:22:19 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 175153 times)

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1000 on: September 20, 2016, 11:50:40 AM »
I returned to my main school and a teacher in the office handed me a box of cereal, saying "This is for you!"  :laugh: :laugh:

Oreo O's, in case anyone was curious  :cheesy: I haven't had Oreo O's in years!
Which are both the worst and the best cereal that ever existed. I didn't think they could be obtained here!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1001 on: September 20, 2016, 11:52:05 AM »
I returned to my main school and a teacher in the office handed me a box of cereal, saying "This is for you!"  :laugh: :laugh:

Oreo O's, in case anyone was curious  :cheesy: I haven't had Oreo O's in years!
Which are both the worst and the best cereal that ever existed. I didn't think they could be obtained here!
I remember seeing them when I was a kid, but hadn't seen them for years back home until I moved to Korea. Promptly bought a box for dessert purposes.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1002 on: September 20, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
Apparently Oreo O's were discontinued in the US in 2005, then everywhere else (except Korea) in 2007. It was even discontinued in 2014 in Korea because of some contamination issue in a factory.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1003 on: September 20, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »
Apparently Oreo O's were discontinued in the US in 2005, then everywhere else (except Korea) in 2007. It was even discontinued in 2014 in Korea because of some contamination issue in a factory.
So is your box 2 years old?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1004 on: September 20, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
They brought them back this year.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1005 on: September 20, 2016, 03:12:13 PM »
They brought them back this year.
Ahha~ Hmm, I may find a box for myself sometime. I don't remember loving them, but they were still good, haha.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1006 on: September 20, 2016, 03:13:09 PM »
Also, there are little marshmallows that I don't remember existing back in the day. Totally happy with this reincarnation though  8)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1007 on: September 20, 2016, 04:41:57 PM »
Some of the little tykes in my 3rd grade classes are so cute. I was using a ppt from here that heavily stars Kirby and when it came up on the screen several of them gasped and starting going nuts  :laugh:

Then one of the kids called me over, saying "Pokemon!" and showed me this sheet with a bunch of pokemon on it. He had circled some of his favorite ones, one of which was Rapidash so I told him the English name for it   ;D

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1008 on: September 20, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »
I went to the Robot Restaurant in Japan with my mate and it was more insane than I could've imagined. I loved every second of it. Made friends with some randos on the front row who took us to a metal bar afterwards. Still buzzing from our Japan trip  ;D

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1009 on: September 20, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »
I went to the Robot Restaurant in Japan with my mate and it was more insane than I could've imagined. I loved every second of it. Made friends with some randos on the front row who took us to a metal bar afterwards. Still buzzing from our Japan trip  ;D

Oh yes the Robot bar is insanely fun!! Ahhhh I miss Tokyo, glads you had fun Robin!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1010 on: September 20, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »
Glad to hear Japan was awesome. I loved it so much when I visited that I get some vicarious joy out of hearing others' experiences.  :laugh:

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #1011 on: September 20, 2016, 05:41:41 PM »
One of my fourth grade boys came up to me to show me his phone. It was English messages that him and his grandmother send to each other. It was sooo cute. Her English is pretty decent and they mostly talked about things he was doing, like going to the library or going to get a haircut or something. But what made it adorable was at the end of every conversation she'd text "I love you so much" and he'd text back "I love you grandmother."  :cheesy: :cheesy:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1012 on: September 20, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »
Can't wait to go home. Gonna make quesadillas and use salsa and ranch for dipping!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1013 on: September 20, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »
I'm going to eat steamed broccoli and bell peppers with a side of soft tofu and a boiled egg. That whole meal will literally cost under 1500 won, while also being delicious, filling, and not requiring a lot of cleanup.

And for dessert, and some carbs after, I can have a banana.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1014 on: September 20, 2016, 06:07:50 PM »
I wish they sold broccoli where I live  :cry:

I need to go hit up the city sometime and stock up on decent produce.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1015 on: September 20, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »
Ahhh no classes the rest of the week because Wed/Thurs/Fri are my middle school days and both my middle schools have camping trips. Now I can leisurely plan for next week, maybe even get a little ahead, and work on making some board games for the kids that have been on the backburner  ;D

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1016 on: September 20, 2016, 06:20:04 PM »
It's parent teacher conferences and one mom requested to meet with my coteacher to discuss her daughter and English class. I didn't have to go, but my co and I were a bit worried that the mom was wanting to meet because she was upset about her daughter's progress or something. But it turns out the mom just wanted to thank us because she said that her daughter used to not be able to read English very well, but now she's doing much better, and she's really pleased that her daughter is enjoying class and likes both of us as teachers. The mom also was wondering if she should send her to hagwon because she's doing so well. Personally I hope she doesn't go to hagwon because these kids have quite enough school and homework as it is and I don't want a boring hagwon to kill her new interest in English.

I'm so happy that the mom wanted to meet just to tell us all these good things and Iím going to go around beaming for the rest of the day. 

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1017 on: September 21, 2016, 11:07:49 AM »
One of my 6th grade girls told me I looked like a movie actor yesterday :)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1018 on: September 21, 2016, 11:20:52 AM »
Yeah, a lot of Korean kids need glasses.

BURN!

JK, it's all love.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline coxy15

• Waygookin
« Reply #1019 on: September 21, 2016, 01:51:45 PM »

Any specific one? I got Tom Cruise a little while ago... Trust me, the only similarity is my skin colour. And my height  :sad:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment