December 13, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 427136 times)

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3440 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »
I wouldn't mind one day moving from a Korean E-2 visa to an American E-2 visa.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3441 on: April 21, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
Someone play checkers with me cuz I'm bored and done with being productive.

http://skillgames.guru/18016

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3442 on: April 21, 2017, 02:53:28 PM »

It says that it is your move...I don't think it works...

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3443 on: April 21, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »

Lol i wasnt paying attention, i finally went

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3444 on: April 21, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »

Man I suck at checkers XD gg

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3445 on: April 21, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »

We shall try again another day...I am trying to get out of here in the next minute or two...Damn good comeback by the way...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3446 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »
I plan to hibernate as soon as I get home, everyone have a good weekend ~!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3447 on: April 21, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »

We shall try again another day...I am trying to get out of here in the next minute or two...Damn good comeback by the way...

Lol alright, we'll have to have a rematch, I preemptively assumed defeat but managed to hang in there :P

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3448 on: April 21, 2017, 03:24:25 PM »
Thinking about going to Vietnam for Chuseok.  Never been and it's on my bucket list.  Love the cuisine though, so I'm already raring to hit up some fine street food.

Do it! SO much tasty food to be eaten. It's almost overwhelming  :laugh:

I would love to pick your brain for recommendations.  I'm wondering if I oughta stick to one city (don't even know which yet!) or bounce around.  Food is my number one priority though sights are a close second  :laugh:

Do it! If you come to saigon drop me a PM and I can take you on a motorbike/food tour :)

At the same time?  I knew you were mint!!  :-* Can I add in shaving on the bike too?

sure thing, you can do anything on a bike here if you put your mind to it

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3449 on: April 24, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »
I heard something over the weekend that has really stuck with me ever since.

A friend has been having problems with her dog barking when she isn't at home during the day resulting in her neighbours complaining.

She had taken the dog to a friend's place to be looked after for a few days but on Saturday she told me she had had the dog "operated on so she can't bark".

Horrified, I googled this and learned about "debarking" or "devocalisation".  I'd never heard about it before!

Don't know what else to say really.  I wouldn't say I'm a pet person and I've never had a dog but for some reason it made me feel really gloomy  :sad:

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3450 on: April 24, 2017, 08:48:51 AM »
Thinking about going to Vietnam for Chuseok.  Never been and it's on my bucket list.  Love the cuisine though, so I'm already raring to hit up some fine street food.

Do it! SO much tasty food to be eaten. It's almost overwhelming  :laugh:

I would love to pick your brain for recommendations.  I'm wondering if I oughta stick to one city (don't even know which yet!) or bounce around.  Food is my number one priority though sights are a close second  :laugh:

Do it! If you come to saigon drop me a PM and I can take you on a motorbike/food tour :)

At the same time?  I knew you were mint!!  :-* Can I add in shaving on the bike too?

sure thing, you can do anything on a bike here if you put your mind to it

I went into a bookstore one day when I was walking around and there is a coffee table book thats full of the many many things people have been seen carrying around on those motorbikes. It's pretty nuts.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3451 on: April 24, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »
    A friend has been having problems with her dog barking when she isn't at home during the day resulting in her neighbours complaining.
     She had taken the dog to a friend's place to be looked after for a few days but on Saturday she told me she had had the dog "operated on so she can't bark".
    Horrified, I googled this and learned about "debarking" or "devocalisation".  I'd never heard about it before!
Don't know what else to say really.  I wouldn't say I'm a pet person and I've never had a dog but for some reason it made me feel really gloomy  :sad:
    I might understand it if it's a last-resort kind of thing. If all other options (like training, relocation, blinds, shock collars, etc) have been tried and the critter still makes noise all day, then I could see it is a viable solution. I mean, the alternative would be euthanization (either directly, or by giving it to a shelter which here in Korea usually amounts to the same thing).
   Honestly, I'm not sure that it's any worse than getting neutered/spayed.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3452 on: April 24, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »
    I might understand it if it's a last-resort kind of thing. If all other options (like training, relocation, blinds, shock collars, etc) have been tried and the critter still makes noise all day, then I could see it is a viable solution. I mean, the alternative would be euthanization (either directly, or by giving it to a shelter which here in Korea usually amounts to the same thing).

Because of how I grew up, I think it's a terrible thing.  I'd never do that to my pet.  However, it's a difference of cultures and I have to also agree that the operation probably doesn't significantly decrease the dog's quality of life (it still receives food, shelter, affection, I'd hope).

I come from a culture where it's encouraged to adapt to the pet's needs (not that everyone does so), whereas here it seems more common to adapt the pet to the owner's needs. 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3453 on: April 24, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »

I've heard of it back home. It's not really a popular thing to do but my friend was looking into it because their dog was really bad for barking and got used to their spray collar (sprays a scent the dog doesn't like when they bark. A bit nicer than a shock) and they tried a shock collar but every time the dog got shocked she'd pee which was worse. They didn't end up getting it done and they just gave up. Still have the dog but they decided to live with it. It was easier for them tho cuz they lived in a house...

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3454 on: April 24, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
Me:  It's a pufferfish!
Student:  Pufferfish!
CoT:  Purple fish???

Me:  PuFFerfish! (exaggerating the shape of my mouth)
CoT:  Purple fish??
Me:  PuFFERfish!!
Student:  PUFFERFISH!! PUFFERFISH!!  >:(

Me:   :shocked:
CoT:  Hmm, purple fish.  (whips out phone to look it up)

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3455 on: April 24, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
Me:  It's a pufferfish!
Student:  Pufferfish!
CoT:  Purple fish???

Me:  PuFFerfish! (exaggerating the shape of my mouth)
Me:  PuFFERfish!!
Student:  PUFFERFISH!! PUFFERFISH!!  >:(

Me:   :shocked:
CoT:  Hmm, purple fish.  (whips out phone to look it up)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3456 on: April 24, 2017, 12:20:44 PM »
I just had a student run up to me.

"Teacher I have to cut open a pigs heart and will be gone."

:shocked:

"Biology class! Whole class will miss your class because we are cutting up a pig heart!"

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3457 on: April 24, 2017, 02:39:08 PM »
I just had a student run up to me.

"Teacher I have to cut open a pigs heart and will be gone."

:shocked:

"Biology class! Whole class will miss your class because we are cutting up a pig heart!"

What grade is this??  I had to cut up a pig's liver in high school bio before. 

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3458 on: April 24, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
We just did this story with the grade fours where a girl lights a match and a fairy appears.

What I get from this is, play with matches and get wishes granted.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3459 on: April 24, 2017, 03:08:09 PM »
We just did this story with the grade fours where a girl lights a match and a fairy appears.
What I get from this is, play with matches and get wishes granted.
Hasn't failed me yet.  :smiley: