November 19, 2017, 02:54:40 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402516 times)

Offline user17

• Waygookin
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #820 on: May 27, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »
I've been to HBC fest before. it's fun, but it gets VERY crowded in some of the venues. i'm talking so crowded you can barely move, and you have to wait ages at the bar for service. ended up spending most of the time standing on the street and drinking beer from the convenience store with my friends, which was fun, but could be done anywhere.

if you hate super-crowded venues then give it a miss. otherwise, for me it's one of those "do it once for the experience, but not again" type of things. same thing with st. paddy's day and halloween in itaewon in Seoul.

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #821 on: May 27, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
It is Friday.  I tell myself that I need to save money.  But fun things always occur on the weekends.  It is HBC music fest.  Should I go thug, drink the good drink, and listen to tunes or should I sit at home and save money?

Sleep when you're dead.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #822 on: May 27, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »
Fire safety meeting at 3! All in Korean, obvs. Do I have to attend?

Yes! I have to. It's for safety.

There will be no English.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #823 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:36 PM »
I'm thinking about contacting some pro A/C cleaners. My allergies always get aggravated whenever I turn on the A/C. The air purifier has improved this, but I still react, so there's probably too much mold/dust/crap stuck in the coils. Bet this unit has never been cleaned before.

Naw, I'm not just thinking about it, I've decided to do it. Need to look up some numbers.

Offline flower-power-21

• Explorer
« Reply #824 on: May 27, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »
I'm thinking about contacting some pro A/C cleaners. My allergies always get aggravated whenever I turn on the A/C. The air purifier has improved this, but I still react, so there's probably too much mold/dust/crap stuck in the coils. Bet this unit has never been cleaned before.

Naw, I'm not just thinking about it, I've decided to do it. Need to look up some numbers.

Mine is pretty bad too! Do you just google A/C cleaners? or how do you find the service?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #825 on: May 27, 2016, 02:20:59 PM »

Mine is pretty bad too! Do you just google A/C cleaners? or how do you find the service?

I'll post an inquiry on the local foreign community's Facebook page so that I can get local recommendations, but if that doesn't get me anything then I'll Google or Naver for the info and try my luck.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #826 on: May 27, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »
In Beijing when the aqi would be 400+ I'd get a sore throat and headache, and though it's smoggy today the aqi isn't that bad. I'm not sure if these cold-like symptoms I'm experiencing are just a result of the pollution or an actual cold. I hope it's just the smog.
Update: It's definitely a cold. Awesome. I think I got it from the science teacher who sits across from me, because she was really sick all last week. I brought her a care package and everything, but I guess karma didn't work in my favor this time.  :cry: Hopefully I can kick it quickly.

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #827 on: May 27, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »
Ever since deciding not to renew and booking my outbound flight the weeks are going by faster and faster. I can hardly believe that it's already Friday. What happened to all the other days this week!? Where did they go!? My time in Korea is going to be up before I even realize it. Why couldn't shit go this fast six months ago when I hated everything?'

Also! It's almost ****** June YOU GUYS!  :huh:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:51:50 PM by reudibeat »

Offline antoniusk

• Veteran
  • Hm?
« Reply #828 on: May 27, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »
Congrats, y'all. You survived another week. It was more like a grind at times this week... now time to recharge the battery and do it all over again.

See ya next Friday!
Gyopo Status

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #829 on: June 02, 2016, 09:21:59 AM »
Does anyone else ever feel like their butt is melding to their chair when desk warming?  :huh:

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #830 on: June 02, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »
Does anyone else ever feel like their butt is melding to their chair when desk warming?  :huh:

I've been having lower back pain recently, and I'm convinced it's from sitting so much.  Exercise helps, but I think we spend too much time at school sitting.  My coT's and I usually go for a walk around the school after lunch.  Sometimes I wander though the halls, but I think it worries my coT when I do.

YoungMin

« Reply #831 on: June 02, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »

Haha. I thought someone had pissed themselves on the bus this morning but it turns out it was just the sogginess of the seat.

Offline Greenteabingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #832 on: June 02, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »

I've been having lower back pain recently, and I'm convinced it's from sitting so much.  Exercise helps, but I think we spend too much time at school sitting.  My coT's and I usually go for a walk around the school after lunch.  Sometimes I wander though the halls, but I think it worries my coT when I do.

Same here. I only teach 2-3 classes for day and my back hurts so much from sitting. The pillow on my chair is completely flat at the end of the day haha. I try to walk around but if I'm gone for too long everyone in the teachers room seems to wonder why I was out for too long.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #833 on: June 02, 2016, 10:17:59 AM »

Same here. I only teach 2-3 classes for day and my back hurts so much from sitting. The pillow on my chair is completely flat at the end of the day haha. I try to walk around but if I'm gone for too long everyone in the teachers room seems to wonder why I was out for too long.

I had a friend who had this same problem so she started doing core exercises throughout the day and sitting up on the end of her chair so that she'd be forced to sit up straight with just her back and stomach muscles supporting her (something she learned to do back in high school choir -- if your core area isn't used to it, it's going to be hard at first, but as they strengthen it becomes more natural).

It apparently made all the difference for her.

She did this (deskercising and pushups and such) in front of her coTs and they all thought she was crazy at first, but then some of them even started joining in because fighting!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:25:18 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #834 on: June 02, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »

No, because I'm Korean and we are born to be odorless (no sweat). :wink:

My pointless rambling for the day: I secretly love it when plastic Korean girls side-eye me. Psh, I know you're jealous.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #835 on: June 02, 2016, 12:24:13 PM »

I'll post an inquiry on the local foreign community's Facebook page so that I can get local recommendations, but if that doesn't get me anything then I'll Google or Naver for the info and try my luck.

Little update for you: One of my coTs caught me trying to look the info up and ended up just recommending a local cleaner to me herself. Called them up and scheduled an appointment.

So there's always asking coTs/coworkers, too.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #836 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »

My pointless rambling for the day: I secretly love it when plastic Korean girls side-eye me. Psh, I know you're jealous.

Oh, I meant achy/sore butt that feels like a pancake at the end of the day.  Lol not swampass  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #837 on: June 02, 2016, 01:13:02 PM »

Oh, I meant achy/sore butt that feels like a pancake at the end of the day.  Lol not swampass  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Was going to comment earlier because I couldn't figure out how pancakes soaked in syrup was comparable to your butt after being seated for extended periods of time. I actually typed a response and then felt weird because I seemed to be the only person confused.

Anyhoo, I don't have butt melding issues. I just thought I should add that.
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline user17

• Waygookin
« Reply #838 on: June 02, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
if you sit a lot your hip flexors will get tight.

i always do hip flexor stretches as soon as i get home from work: http://www.stack.com/a/4-hip-flexor-stretches-to-relieve-tight-hips

if you don't have a foam roller there's no need to specifically buy one, just do exercises 1-3, that should be more than enough.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #839 on: June 02, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »
if you sit a lot your hip flexors will get tight.

i always do hip flexor stretches as soon as i get home from work: http://www.stack.com/a/4-hip-flexor-stretches-to-relieve-tight-hips

if you don't have a foam roller there's no need to specifically buy one, just do exercises 1-3, that should be more than enough.

Omfg I hate pigeon pose :evil:

...Probably because my hips are super tight and it's really uncomfortable  :cry: