November 22, 2017, 11:55:08 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 405505 times)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2016, 09:02:52 AM »
I guess I don't have morning classes today. The students didn't come for the first period and the schedule has been changing non-stop for the past month, so I don't even bother asking anymore. If they show up, I teach; if not, okay. It's nice, actually.

Coffee is delicious.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #721 on: April 28, 2016, 04:07:09 PM »
It's almost Friday...

So I'm sitting at my desk and I just realized that a teacher behind me is quietly (but sternly) lecturing one of the students. Student's body language appears properly contrite. I have no idea what's going on but it feels awkwarrrd

Offline okapifire

• Veteran
« Reply #722 on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »
It's almost Friday...

So I'm sitting at my desk and I just realized that a teacher behind me is quietly (but sternly) lecturing one of the students. Student's body language appears properly contrite. I have no idea what's going on but it feels awkwarrrd

One time the VP and the moral education teacher were having a serious discussion. IDK if the moral ed teacher was in trouble or he was trying to get someone else in trouble but it reached a fever pitch of almost arguing and then the moral ed teacher started crying and yelling. In the teacher's office. With me and 5 other people present. Just trying to do our work. I never understand why they don't go to an empty room to have certain discussions. Most awkward, comfortable 10 min of my life (maybe wasnt that long but felt like 30).

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #723 on: April 29, 2016, 09:21:33 AM »
Peppermint tea and coffee don't mix well together.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #724 on: April 29, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »
Not actually Friday, but might as well be since I don't have any actual classes for the next 8 days?

Deskwarming thoughts... when a school is closed to celebrate its birthday, does it get a year older on that day or does it just age on New Years with everyone else so there can be more same age schools to ease the social hierarchy?  And is it already 1 when it's born because of the time it took to build it?

Quality shower/deskwarming thought right here. Thanks for making me literally lol at my desk  :laugh:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #725 on: April 29, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »
Peppermint tea and coffee don't mix well together.

But I have some Barnie's peppermint coffee and it's bomb!

That's what I was hoping to end up with but it's not what I got.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:32:30 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #726 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:08 AM »
I don't 100% remember turning off my iron this morning.....
:huh:

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #727 on: April 29, 2016, 09:49:45 AM »

I do this 3x a week  :laugh:

I'm tempted to ask if I can quickly run home and check. I've done this so many times and every time I do I've unplugged it and everything is fine. But what if today is the day I burn my apartment down and kill my kitten!?

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #728 on: April 29, 2016, 10:11:30 AM »

I'm tempted to ask if I can quickly run home and check. I've done this so many times and every time I do I've unplugged it and everything is fine. But what if today is the day I burn my apartment down and kill my kitten!?

If it's any consolation; your kitty will be dead long before the apartment burns down. It's kind of the nature of things in a fire contest of concrete vs. flesh.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #729 on: April 29, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
Listening to this documentary while I work on stuff at my desk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnf2OcNHps

"His wounds are too severe... his spirit has gone out of him. He's become old... damaged... broken. His reign is over. There are new rulers now. To survive here, she will have to submit to these new masters. But until the newcomers detect her presence, she still has a choice. The swirling air carries a hint of her unfamiliar scent... the hunt begins."

Dramatic docu is dramatic.

I'd swear it was an episode of Game of Thrones.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #730 on: April 29, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »
If you google ANY single Korean letter, you will get sexy girls. 

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #731 on: April 29, 2016, 11:19:34 AM »
why does my school have no english-korean or korean to english dictionaries?

As far as I know, my school doesn't have those either. I used my personal one with the after-school class last year...but that was about four students, and my class is twenty or so now... TT

because crap like Englishee doll houses (with props), outdated books, teacher workshops in Spain and 3D TVs take precedence over expensive luxuries like dictionaries.

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #732 on: April 29, 2016, 11:23:38 AM »
Is there anything worse than the Korean music scene?   I mean really.  We've had boy bands and girls bands in the West for forty or fifty odd years if you go back as far as the Monkees and the Beatles essentially and class them as such.  But the rubbish that I see and hear today is so pointlessly rubbish.  Find five 'cute' guys give them some name which has some amazing meaning about their blood group and then get them to dance around.  Holy Christmas! 

Usually while I enjoy my Friday glass of wine I listen to my old drum'n'bass stuff and my old techno stuff from pre-2000 and it still seems more groundbreaking than any of the dump that is served here in 2016.  I found this Essential Mix from Massive Attack in 1994 with hip-hop from Public Enemy that still sounds fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eIXGMRLqXM

Korea just hasn't evolved.  We had the Prodigy in the 1990s.  I played some DJ Craze to my students in a class about opinions of music and they thought it was boring.  I chucked in some classical and only the ones who played instruments liked it and then I popped in Dalshabet and they all loved it.  Is there any hope?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #733 on: April 29, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
Is there anything worse than the Korean music scene?   I mean really.  We've had boy bands and girls bands in the West for forty or fifty odd years if you go back as far as the Monkees and the Beatles essentially and class them as such.  But the rubbish that I see and hear today is so pointlessly rubbish.  Find five 'cute' guys give them some name which has some amazing meaning about their blood group and then get them to dance around.  Holy Christmas! 

Usually while I enjoy my Friday glass of wine I listen to my old drum'n'bass stuff and my old techno stuff from pre-2000 and it still seems more groundbreaking than any of the dump that is served here in 2016.  I found this Essential Mix from Massive Attack in 1994 with hip-hop from Public Enemy that still sounds fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eIXGMRLqXM

Korea just hasn't evolved.  We had the Prodigy in the 1990s.  I played some DJ Craze to my students in a class about opinions of music and they thought it was boring.  I chucked in some classical and only the ones who played instruments liked it and then I popped in Dalshabet and they all loved it.  Is there any hope?

My kids are always surprised when I say I don't like K-pop.

Kids, I'm a 31 year old Canadian man. I'm out of every demographic for this shit.

Well, teacher, what do you like?

Arctic Monkeys, Muse, deadmau5, Pendulum...

Who?

Here, I'll play some. *puts on Watercolour by Pendulum*

Teacher, this is not good.

OH NO A 9 YEAR OLD KOREAN BOY DOESN'T LIKE MY MUSIC :rolleyes:

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #734 on: April 29, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »

It'll be fine!! When I come home, my table is just warm. Are you talking about an iron iron or a hair iron?

Iron iron.
Update: Iron; off. Apartment: in tact. Kitten: very much alive. Today, thankfully, was not the day.

Offline Angelinkorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #735 on: April 29, 2016, 11:53:12 AM »

This is.......I don't know......what the holy sacred ****?........all the letters........just smut.......no exceptions.......close-up gash even with safe search.......Korea irredeemable.....

I don't know if you are a bit scary or a genius. Either way I thank you. This is brilliant! Wrong beyond words but something that I will spread far and wide.

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #736 on: April 29, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »

My kids are always surprised when I say I don't like K-pop.

Kids, I'm a 31 year old Canadian man. I'm out of every demographic for this shit.

Well, teacher, what do you like?

Arctic Monkeys, Muse, deadmau5, Pendulum...

Who?

Here, I'll play some. *puts on Watercolour by Pendulum*

Teacher, this is not good.

OH NO A 9 YEAR OLD KOREAN BOY DOESN'T LIKE MY MUSIC :rolleyes:

CO2,  I feel for you bud!  I would have eased them in slower than Pendulum, maybe some LTJ Bukem or someone like that.   8)  9 year olds aren't ready for Pendulum yet!

Usually in the car I play some Sasha or Nick Warren mix thing when I'm driving somewhere with the wife.  At first, she was not impressed.  Now I've started to get in the car after she has used it, to find the best songs on the mix playing.  Maybe she is slowly turning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb51MIzZFpc

Korea really is a music black hole.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #737 on: April 29, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »

This is.......I don't know......what the holy sacred ****?........all the letters........just smut.......no exceptions.......close-up gash even with safe search.......Korea irredeemable.....

I don't know if you are a bit scary or a genius. Either way I thank you. This is brilliant! Wrong beyond words but something that I will spread far and wide.

I just googled a.

It took about 25 pics but I found a naked cartoon and a bum.

Offline Angelinkorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #738 on: April 29, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »

I just googled a.

Cyrillic is pretty clean too. Maybe someone else can play with Thai or Armenian.

On another note. I noticed my swearing was autocensured so now I'm curious. I'll risk the warning just to see what can get through. Stop reading now if you dislike cussin'.

****, fuckpig, ****-pig, fucknuts
shit, shit-head, shithead shit-for-brains
****, cuntface, ****-face
cumbubble, wankstain ballsweat felcher

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #739 on: April 29, 2016, 12:20:25 PM »

I just googled a.

Cyrillic is pretty clean too. Maybe someone else can play with Thai or Armenian.

On another note. I noticed my swearing was autocensured so now I'm curious. I'll risk the warning just to see what can get through. Stop reading now if you dislike cussin'.

****, fuckpig, ****-pig, fucknuts
shit, shit-head, shithead shit-for-brains
****, cuntface, ****-face
cumbubble, wankstain ballsweat felcher

That's a new one  :laugh: