November 19, 2017, 09:15:08 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402333 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4300 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:37 PM »
No convenience stores? No chicken "house"? No BROCCOLI?? (seriously I love broccoli)

No way. I'm kinda rural as in not smack-dab downtown but that's next level. I mean island living is nice but...

Kudos for making that placement work for more than a year yirj17  :smiley:

Hahah my coT is one of the best.  Super motherly.  Sometimes she'll ask if I'd like her to get me anything on the weekend when I'm staying on the island.  Paraphrased:

coT:  Do you want potatoes?  You like potatoes.
Me:  Oh no, you don't have to.  I'm okay! 
coT:  Are you sure?  It's no problem! 
Me:  Well, all right, if you insist! 
coT:  What else? 
Me:  Oh potatoes are plenty.   
coT:  But what can you eat?  There aren't many vegetables in the mart and they are too expensive!
Me:  Err, I really like broccoli. 
coT:  Okay!  See you next week! 
Me:  Wow!  Thank you!   :shocked:

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #4301 on: August 29, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »
No convenience stores? No chicken "house"? No BROCCOLI?? (seriously I love broccoli)
There's a Peep Show meme for everything.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4302 on: August 29, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
Damn, Wando looks great. Look I hate humans in general so rural is not an issue for me, and I'm sure gmarket will deliver? Plus without the convenience stores maybe I will lose the extra ass I've grown. Thanks for the all the info, really looking into it on our side.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4303 on: August 29, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »
Damn, Wando looks great. Look I hate humans in general so rural is not an issue for me, and I'm sure gmarket will deliver? Plus without the convenience stores maybe I will lose the extra ass I've grown. Thanks for the all the info, really looking into it on our side.

Ahaha.  Yeah, I'm not really looking all that forward to "rejoining" society but oh well.  Things one does for love, right?  Hah.  And yep!  I've ordered once from gmarket before with no issues.  I'm a fan of coupang though, it's so easy to get free shipping if you order a certain monetary amount! 

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4304 on: September 04, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
I bought one of those hand grip exerciser things. I brought it to work for something to do while I'm deskwarming but discovered it made a clicking noise. So, I moved my hand under the desk to muffle the sound a bit, but it didn't work. I only succeeded in looking like I"m doing something weird under my desk to the cadence of a weird clicking sound.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4305 on: September 04, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
I bought one of those hand grip exerciser things. I brought it to work for something to do while I'm deskwarming but discovered it made a clicking noise. So, I moved my hand under the desk to muffle the sound a bit, but it didn't work. I only succeeded in looking like I"m doing something weird under my desk to the cadence of a weird clicking sound.

A metron-oh-oh-oh-ome

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #4306 on: September 04, 2017, 03:20:42 PM »
I don't think my Co-T understands how inappropriate Western Pop music can be. I think Koreans here this shit everywhere and just assume that it's friendly, why else would it be playing at the mall.

All About That Bass
'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
And all the right junk in all the right places
----
I see the magazine workin' that Photoshop
We know that shit ain't real, come on now, make it stop
----
She says, "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night"
(That booty, uh, that booty booty)
----
I'm bringing booty back
Go 'head and tell them skinny bitches that

Lazy Song
Throw my hand in my pants
Nobody's gonna tell me I can't
----
Meet a really nice girl, have some really nice sex
And she's gonna scream out: 'This is Great' (Oh my God, this is great!)

Uptown Funk
Stop
Wait a minute
Fill my cup put some liquor in it
----
If you sexy then flaunt it
If you freaky then own it
Donít brag about it, come show me
Come on, dance
Jump on it

I'm no prude, but they're f'in 10 years old. I'll never forget going to the MLB store in Times Square YDP,

"F her in the ass, I ain't got no class
More of the same etc etc"

:police: WHERE AM I?

Offline shostager

• Veteran
« Reply #4307 on: September 04, 2017, 03:26:16 PM »
I don't think my Co-T understands how inappropriate Western Pop music can be. I think Koreans here this shit everywhere and just assume that it's friendly, why else would it be playing at the mall.

(dirty lyrics from songs)

I'm no prude, but they're f'in 10 years old. I'll never forget going to the MLB store in Times Square YDP,

My first year here, the school played "The Bad Touch" (do it like they do on the discovery channel) quite loudly during Sports Day (note: middle school).

Me:  :huh:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4308 on: September 04, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »

All About That Bass
'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
And all the right junk in all the right places
----
I see the magazine workin' that Photoshop
We know that shit ain't real, come on now, make it stop
----
She says, "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night"
(That booty, uh, that booty booty)
----
I'm bringing booty back
Go 'head and tell them skinny bitches that

Lazy Song
Throw my hand in my pants
Nobody's gonna tell me I can't
----
Meet a really nice girl, have some really nice sex
And she's gonna scream out: 'This is Great' (Oh my God, this is great!)

Uptown Funk
Stop
Wait a minute
Fill my cup put some liquor in it
----
If you freaky then own it
Donít brag about it, come show me
Come on, dance
Jump on it

I mean, I was buying some shoes and they had Future playing, which definitely wouldn't be wouldn't retail-friendly music. But like, it's a shoe store and really, absolutely nobody is going to care about that.

But real talk, you're 100% on the ball about what they play for students with English pop songs.

There's been so many other examples but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

I mean, really anything by Maroon 5, though.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #4309 on: September 04, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
It'd be one thing just to say "f it" and play it at sports day.

We're LEARNING these songs and there will be lyrics worksheets and everything.

Jesus.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4310 on: September 05, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
"Why are the kids throwing a javelin in the rain?"

A question I never imagined I'd ask.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4311 on: September 05, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »
I ordered a docking station from OWC in Illinois. I was pleased to see they included a European power cable, but I chuckled and muttered, "Yup, they do look where these are going!" when I saw this:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4312 on: September 06, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
The other day I realized there was a large spiderweb in front of my house (outside).  It was actually kind of impressive and I figured it might help curb the local bugs so I let it be. 

Every time I open the door, it scurries away into a corner as if it's fleeing from danger.  Which struck me as kinda cute. 

I think I've been in the countryside too long. 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4313 on: September 06, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
I have got the munchies something fierce today. Nothing has been safe or sacred. My students have noticed and they've been "feeding" me like I'm their pet or something. xD

Which struck me as kinda cute. 

Spiders can be cute, too, don't let the rest of the world tell you otherwise.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4314 on: September 06, 2017, 03:07:47 PM »
The other day I realized there was a large spiderweb in front of my house (outside).  It was actually kind of impressive and I figured it might help curb the local bugs so I let it be. 

Every time I open the door, it scurries away into a corner as if it's fleeing from danger.  Which struck me as kinda cute. 

;D

They've worked out the pecking order.

When I go hiking in the evenings it is usually the time that the spiders make their webs across the hiking paths.  So there have been many times where I walked straight through them without looking, so now I carry a stick which I hold in front of my face so I can look down without getting a face full of spider webs.  But sometimes I notice on some of the bridges and man-made wooden paths that there are a load of webs across and there is no way I can go along them without 'displacing' a load of spiders, I mean come on, they spent a long time making those webs, who am I to smash them up?  So I make another path and leave them be. 

I also noticed the spiders who have got a prime spot on the top corner of a lamp post.  At night, they really ace out.  These are some fat spiders.   Obese, by our terminology.  Could spider obesity ever become a problem?

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4315 on: September 07, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »

;D

They've worked out the pecking order.

When I go hiking in the evenings it is usually the time that the spiders make their webs across the hiking paths.  So there have been many times where I walked straight through them without looking, so now I carry a stick which I hold in front of my face so I can look down without getting a face full of spider webs.  But sometimes I notice on some of the bridges and man-made wooden paths that there are a load of webs across and there is no way I can go along them without 'displacing' a load of spiders, I mean come on, they spent a long time making those webs, who am I to smash them up?  So I make another path and leave them be. 

I also noticed the spiders who have got a prime spot on the top corner of a lamp post.  At night, they really ace out.  These are some fat spiders.   Obese, by our terminology.  Could spider obesity ever become a problem?

I found one spider in Jeju near the lava tubes that made a perfect thick bolded "x" in it's web. Tried to get a pic but you could just see a bit of the x and couldn't see the rest of the web. It's name is now Charlotte.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4316 on: September 08, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »
I'm too naturally quiet. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally scared somebody who didn't know I was there. I had to purposely make a lot of noise when I went to get kimbap yesterday because both of their backs were turned.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4317 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:52 PM »
Where do people get the time from to go on for pages and pages on this forum with their fancy multi quotes? Surely they must have some work to do?
beans and muff

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4318 on: September 08, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »
Where do people get the time from to go on for pages and pages on this forum with their fancy multi quotes? Surely they must have some work to do?

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong  ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4319 on: September 08, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
I'm too naturally quiet. I can't count the number of times I've accidentally scared somebody who didn't know I was there. I had to purposely make a lot of noise when I went to get kimbap yesterday because both of their backs were turned.

I [unintentionally] scared my mom a lot when I lived at home.  She'd tell me to stop sneaking up on her and I'd tell her she should be used to it already Į\_(ツ)_/Į