September 25, 2017, 07:57:33 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356115 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4120 on: July 04, 2017, 12:12:58 PM »
I laughed at Final Fantasy 2, but 15!?

Seriously?

More like the never ending saga, hahaha.  Much like Mario and Pokemon, I'm sure it will go on forevermore.

Def. not complaining about several of the installments though.  Love me some 4, 6, & 7.

I also just laugh every time Miyazaki declares he's "retiring."  Taking a hiatus would be more accurate. 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4121 on: July 04, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »
Having a really, really hard time focusing today, and I've got so much work to do. Coffee isn't working, either.

Wish I could hit the gym right now, shower, and return. Would really help to get me back into my headgame.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4122 on: July 04, 2017, 06:01:39 PM »
How do I insert a gif in a comment or on a post, on this here waygook.org, without it being the size of .. well the size of something really really big  :-[

like this:

[img width=500]"image url goes here"[ / img]

you can increase or decrease the number from 500 to make the image bigger or smaller.

also, in the second part, type /img like that in the brackets without the spaces. i had to put spaces in because it was doing funny things originally without the spaces, since it was expecting an image.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4123 on: July 04, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
How do I insert a gif in a comment or on a post, on this here waygook.org, without it being the size of .. well the size of something really really big  :-[

like this:

you can increase or decrease the number from 500 to make the image bigger or smaller.

also, in the second part, type /img like that in the brackets without the spaces. i had to put spaces in because it was doing funny things originally without the spaces, since it was expecting an image.

Awww yes! Thank you so so much!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4124 on: July 04, 2017, 06:17:04 PM »

like this:

what about a video? every time i tried the only thing that showed up was the link

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4125 on: July 05, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »
what about a video? every time i tried the only thing that showed up was the link
I don't think it's possible to resize a video using Simple Machines (the platform this site is built on) because they're embedded values that you're linking to.

If anybody can prove me wrong I will write a 750 word essay on how awesome you are.  :smiley:

Anyway, if I really want a small sized video, I cheat by just linking an image file of the video that is hyper-linked to the youtube video.
Like so:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4126 on: July 05, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »
My personal laptop is slowly dying :( It won't even connect to the internet wirelessly.

Also, I'm super sleepy, but I have an hour until my next class.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4127 on: July 05, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »
Over the weekend I watched the first 2 seasons of Rick and Morty for the first time.  Looking forward to the new season.  Also watched the first two seasons of Black Mirror.  And now I feel like watching The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits. 

Been plugging away at planning camp today.  I have a bunch of ideas/activities and just need to plot out the basic schedule.  I know it's nothing to worry over but I can't help stressing out over it cause that's just how I am  :undecided:  :sad:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4128 on: July 05, 2017, 06:26:48 PM »
Also watched the first two seasons of Black Mirror.  And now I feel like watching The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits. 

Ho ho ho! White Bear and The Entire History of You are two of the greatest episodes of TV ever (along with The Constant - Lost and Who Commit More Crimes - Kenny Vs Spenny)

Wow, get ready for Shut Up and Dance. Jesus.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4129 on: July 06, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »
Over the weekend I watched the first 2 seasons of Rick and Morty for the first time.  Looking forward to the new season.  Also watched the first two seasons of Black Mirror.  And now I feel like watching The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits. 

Been plugging away at planning camp today.  I have a bunch of ideas/activities and just need to plot out the basic schedule.  I know it's nothing to worry over but I can't help stressing out over it cause that's just how I am  :undecided:  :sad:

Nice, Rick and Morty is a favorite series, they're making us wait too long for the next season (I don't care that they told us how long it would be from the get-go, lol). Loved how they had a teaser episode for April 1, though.

And I'm the same with my camp. I've got everything figured out, but I still stress over getting the details ironed out and the materials prepared (I tried to take care of that at the beginning of the semester but gave up because I realized changes would be inevitable and I'd be wasting my time).

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4130 on: July 06, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
Compared to everyone else at school, I feel like such a slow eater.  So typically at this school, people just leave when they're done eating but today was apparently different.  The teacher sitting across from me had finished eating and I noticed him lingering so I told him he didn't have to wait.  He just responds, "...yes." 

Eh?  Yes you think you must wait or yes you know you don't have to?  Language barriers, man.  Either way, I felt kinda harried and awkward so took to scarfing down the remainder of my meal as swiftly as possible.  Luckily some students happened by to engage him in conversation but I think they were asking awkward things like why was he waiting for me  :undecided:

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4131 on: July 07, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »
I cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow. I have had a very productive but exhausting week and have just found out that I will be doing camps at all three of my schools. At least the other two gave me fair warning and I have planned them. Now I need to whip up another camp. I wish I could just do one camp for all three school. But no. Everyone has a particular theme they want and a particular structure and length and level.

I was up until lord knows what time last night marking papers for my CT, and no, I dont mind she really needed my help as she is also under ridiculous deadline pressure, but 4 hours sleep and all the energetic grades today will be a challenge. Let's do this!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4132 on: July 07, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »
I love Fridays.  It's the only day where I can stay up after everyone else has gone to bed and enjoy a few cold ones in peace.  Tonight I feel like playing some video games but I'm not sure what to play.  I'm torn between Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, or Red Alert 3. hmmmm.  Decisions, decisions.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4133 on: July 07, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
why are some usernames orange/red while the rest are blue?

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4134 on: July 07, 2017, 04:27:07 PM »

Nice, Rick and Morty is a favorite series, they're making us wait too long for the next season (I don't care that they told us how long it would be from the get-go, lol). Loved how they had a teaser episode for April 1, though.

And I'm the same with my camp. I've got everything figured out, but I still stress over getting the details ironed out and the materials prepared (I tried to take care of that at the beginning of the semester but gave up because I realized changes would be inevitable and I'd be wasting my time).

Keep Summer safe.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4135 on: July 07, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »
Also watched the first two seasons of Black Mirror.  And now I feel like watching The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits. 

Ho ho ho! White Bear and The Entire History of You are two of the greatest episodes of TV ever (along with The Constant - Lost and Who Commit More Crimes - Kenny Vs Spenny)

Wow, get ready for Shut Up and Dance. Jesus.

Great episodes, especially The Entire History of You.  That really struck my fancy.  Trekking along season 3 now.  I thought Shut Up and Dance was a really good ride up until the  ending-- I dunno, I found it rather a bit of a letdown.  But up until then, solid stuff.  I don't necessarily think the ending was bad but I guess I was hoping for something different?

I particularly liked Fifteen Million Merits, even though I didn't find the story as strong as some of the other episodes.  Thought the world building was very good and quite immersive.  White Christmas also stuck out to me-- though I felt it was kind of slow at first, I really liked the latter end of it and how things played out. 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4136 on: July 07, 2017, 05:05:21 PM »

Keep Summer safe.

Thanks, I honestly needed that laugh right now. xD

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #4137 on: July 11, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »
I see enough people riding their bikes with the kick-stand down that it can't all be by accident...

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4138 on: July 11, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
I see enough people riding their bikes with the kick-stand down that it can't all be by accident...

I have thought the same thing. There is no way it is a coincidence.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4139 on: July 11, 2017, 11:50:28 AM »
OMG

"Teacher, in science class we made soda. And we put 5g of CO2 in the soda. But friend, she put 10g. But she don't know. And I tried her soda. And I threw up."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment