November 19, 2017, 09:16:47 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402339 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3920 on: June 13, 2017, 03:30:53 PM »
Is that like a pacman sound?  Hahah. 

That's the Indonesian ㅋㅋㅋ.

You learned something today. wkwkwkwkwk

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3921 on: June 15, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »
I put a picture up of Kel Mitchel from his role in Good Burger on the screen and one student's immediate reaction before anything else is said is, "That's racist!" with a smile on his face. What's that about??

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:36:01 AM by donovan »

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3922 on: June 15, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
What do you get someone who hates everything and everyone?

korean socks and/or korean t-shirts. i used to have a shirt i bought from one of those ajumma stall in itaewon that said "eat shit and die motherfukcer" on it in big letters. and it had a smiley face on it too. sounds like it would suit your dad  :P

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3923 on: June 15, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »

korean socks and/or korean t-shirts. i used to have a shirt i bought from one of those ajumma stall in itaewon that said "eat shit and die motherfukcer" on it in big letters. and it had a smiley face on it too. sounds like it would suit your dad  :P

Lol tempting.... My mom would have a hissy fit if it said something like that but i'm not there to witness the fallout so I don't care... I could at least get him some trump socks... That way everyone knows that We shall overcomb...

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3924 on: June 15, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »

Lol tempting.... My mom would have a hissy fit if it said something like that but i'm not there to witness the fallout so I don't care... I could at least get him some trump socks... That way everyone knows that We shall overcomb...
I remember when I found those in Namdaemun like a week after the election and I couldn't stop laughing. The ajeossi was a bit confused so my bf had to explain why I was laughing at them so much.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3925 on: June 15, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
Today I told my students that if they sang to me in English, I'd give them candy. No repeat songs allowed. (I had a thing of Icebreaker sours)

Got about 10~12 singers, some of whom sang more than once  8)  :laugh:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3926 on: June 15, 2017, 01:54:14 PM »
A student found a metal spoon under my desk.

It's really fancy. Not your run-of-the-mill Emart spoon.

I asked around. No one seems to want to claim it. Now I'm stuck with this extraordinary spoon that's far too pretty to throw away.

I think I'll let Ryan use it as a wand.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3927 on: June 15, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »
A student found a metal spoon under my desk.

It's really fancy. Not your run-of-the-mill Emart spoon.

I asked around. No one seems to want to claim it. Now I'm stuck with this extraordinary spoon that's far too pretty to throw away.

I think I'll let Ryan use it as a wand.

Pics or it ain't real

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3928 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »

I remember when I found those in Namdaemun like a week after the election and I couldn't stop laughing. The ajeossi was a bit confused so my bf had to explain why I was laughing at them so much.
They're so hilarious, I need to get me a pair of Obama socks and wear one on each foot to p!ss off my friend with my clashing :D The only thing that would be better is if they made a Super Trump doll like the Super Obama one I found in Japan. When yu squeezed it t said "yes we can". I want a trump one that says something obscene.

Offline okapifire

• Veteran
« Reply #3929 on: June 15, 2017, 02:14:10 PM »

At lunch there was a girl wearing a shirt that said "Bitch please, I'm fabulous" with a picture of Marie from Aristocats. I busted up laughing and my CT was so confused. After I explained it, she called the girl over to explain why she shouldn't wear the shirt. The look on the student's face almost made me bust up again. She literally had no fucks to give about whatever English nonsense was on her shirt.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3930 on: June 15, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »

At lunch there was a girl wearing a shirt that said "Bitch please, I'm fabulous" with a picture of Marie from Aristocats. I busted up laughing and my CT was so confused. After I explained it, she called the girl over to explain why she shouldn't wear the shirt. The look on the student's face almost made me bust up again. She literally had no fucks to give about whatever English nonsense was on her shirt.
I found that shirt on gmarket once but decided to get the one with Cinderella and Snow White passed out drunk on a table with booze beside them with the words "real life" on it.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3932 on: June 15, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
Our principal, in his infinite wisdom, has decreed that all teachers must wear nametags with their picture on it. They're very official looking. I don't get one, of course, but that's fine with me. It seems a little silly to me. The principal retires at the end of the school year, so maybe he's bored? I imagine him sitting in his office that's at least 4 times the size of my apartment brainstorming pointless things like nametags.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3933 on: June 15, 2017, 02:40:58 PM »
http://store.engrish.com/collections/engrish-com-shirts/products/elvis-sinatra-t-shirt

Someone buy me this shirt.

I'm sure you can find better for under 5,000won on gmarket ;)

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3934 on: June 15, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »
I forgot that fathers day is coming up.... Now I need to think of something I can get shipped to my dad..... What do you get someone who hates everything and everyone? Any suggestions? Otherwise he's getting another Marks Work Wearhouse giftcard...

fidget spinner obviously.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3935 on: June 15, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
I forgot that fathers day is coming up.... Now I need to think of something I can get shipped to my dad..... What do you get someone who hates everything and everyone? Any suggestions? Otherwise he's getting another Marks Work Wearhouse giftcard...

fidget spinner obviously.

... has anyone cornered the market on Kpop fidget spinners yet?

Because I would honestly buy the shit out of those.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3936 on: June 15, 2017, 03:17:31 PM »
I wish people would remember that the past tense of sneak is sneaked, and that there is a difference between a principle and a principal.
The past tense of drag is dragged.

No, I didn't read these on here today.  These were in news articles.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:23:44 PM by denimdaze »

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3937 on: June 15, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »

Hahaha, I quite like that one.  :laugh:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3938 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:35 PM »
I wish people would remember that the past tense of sneak is sneaked, and that there is a difference between a principle and a principal.

No, I didn't read these on here today.  There were in news articles.

Waygook.org user denimdaze, 'sneaked' is indeed a past tense form of 'sneak,' but 'snuck' is also an acceptable past tense or past participle of 'sneak.'

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3939 on: June 15, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »

No, I didn't read these on here today.  There were in news articles.

Waygook.org user denimdaze, 'sneaked' is indeed a past tense form of 'sneak,' but 'snuck' is also an acceptable past tense or past participle of 'sneak.'

Is stuck the past tense of steak?