September 25, 2017, 08:14:09 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356139 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3860 on: June 02, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
Jamsil Toys-R-Us. Buy whatever your little heart desires 8)

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3861 on: June 02, 2017, 04:08:51 PM »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Step 1) Get a Costco membership (if you have one skip to step 2 and perform the step twice)
Step 2) Buy 5 blocks of Costco cheese.

That should take you pretty close to your 100k limit.

And then well above it, as you end up spending 200k every time you go to Costco.

I don't know, Waygook.org user Lurch - buy a blender? A good blender will take you far. Buy a nice coffee maker or French press and a few kgs of coffee?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I have need of that much cheese. And I already have a decent blender and I don't drink coffee (the wife's got a Gaggia espresso machine anyway.)

Whoa is me! Must I save my money?!?

Buy a nice pair of jeans, or some new summer shoes. Do you have a decent pair of sunglasses?

Actually, only the shoes out of those three would be under 100k.

Buy yourself a nice bottle of wine.

Too hot for jeans. I have some great sunglasses. I'm holding off on the booze these days. Oh, and the shoes would also be over 100k because I have size 15 feet.

Useless! All of you!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3862 on: June 02, 2017, 04:17:36 PM »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Step 1) Get a Costco membership (if you have one skip to step 2 and perform the step twice)

And then well above it, as you end up spending 200k every time you go to Costco.

I don't know, Waygook.org user Lurch - buy a blender? A good blender will take you far. Buy a nice coffee maker or French press and a few kgs of coffee?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I have need of that much cheese. And I already have a decent blender and I don't drink coffee (the wife's got a Gaggia espresso machine anyway.)

Buy a nice pair of jeans, or some new summer shoes. Do you have a decent pair of sunglasses?

Too hot for jeans. I have some great sunglasses. I'm holding off on the booze these days. Oh, and the shoes would also be over 100k because I have size 15 feet.

Useless! All of you!

Haha what? What is 'too hot for jeans'? It's never too hot for jeans.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3863 on: June 02, 2017, 04:26:12 PM »

I'm too hot naked in the shade these days. Hmm. Maybe I'll save my 100k for the inevitable oversized electricity bill from running the air conditioner. BOOORING!

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3864 on: June 02, 2017, 04:29:01 PM »

I'm too hot naked in the shade these days. Hmm. Maybe I'll save my 100k for the inevitable oversized electricity bill from running the air conditioner. BOOORING!

I think I'm desensitized to heat. My significant other and I don't even have an air conditioner in our apartment. And even when I'm in Thailand and Malaysia, a lot of the time I wear jeans, unless I'm at the beach or something.

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #3865 on: June 02, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »

Useless! All of you!

I got you homie.  Here are several of my very own personal recommendations.  You are welcome.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3866 on: June 02, 2017, 04:31:31 PM »
I don't know why but today I have the strong urge to when saying "Hello!" follow up with "I'm Deckard Cain." I don't know why. I have also unconsciously started saying the "Hello!" in an increasingly older old-man voice.

Well, you are not getting younger!

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3867 on: June 02, 2017, 04:33:31 PM »

I think I'm desensitized to heat. My significant other and I don't even have an air conditioner in our apartment. And even when I'm in Thailand and Malaysia, a lot of the time I wear jeans, unless I'm at the beach or something.

I'm from a part of Canada where a hot summer's day is 25C and 30C is a rare torture. I've been here thirteen years so far and am thoroughly convinced that I'll never get used to it.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3868 on: June 02, 2017, 04:37:34 PM »

Useless! All of you!

I got you homie.  Here are several of my very own personal recommendations.  You are welcome.

Those are great! Nice to see someone's got some style around here.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3869 on: June 02, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »

Ha! I bought the book that several of those images were taken from at an 알라딘 used book shop recently. (It predicted the selfie stick.) You might be able to find one yourself, Lurch, but it would only set you back ~8000 won.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3870 on: June 02, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »

A Fitbit Charge HR. Thrive in the coolness. Then later spend an extra 200-300k won upgrading to another, more Inspector-Gadget-y Fitbit model.

A massager for your feet.

An ice cream maker. I mean it.

One of these.

A wireless mouse that isn't a piece of shit.

A wireless router that isn't a bigger piece of shit.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3871 on: June 02, 2017, 04:53:03 PM »

Get a cheap blender and 3 bricks of cheese and blend it into a cheese smoothie :)
Cheese is so versatile.
Cheese is great.
Long live cheese.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3872 on: June 02, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

I checked iHerb to see what kind of cheese product they could ship to you.

This was the winner:

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3873 on: June 02, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »

A Fitbit Charge HR. Thrive in the coolness. Then later spend an extra 200-300k won upgrading to another, more Inspector-Gadget-y Fitbit model.

The HR stands for 'HardcoRe.'

Or a massager for your brain (it's beer).

poison maker - actually only half true. It won't have any high-fructose corn poison in it. So actually this is a good idea.

One of these.
Put it on your dog. Put it on your phone. Put it on your... wife?

Yes. Seriously. Even though I still use a 12 year old wired Microsoft mouse at home.

Oh my god yes this. I used a garbage Buffalo router from Yongsan that I paid like 18,000 for back in 2010 for seven years. Recently upgraded. It's like having good wifi.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3874 on: June 02, 2017, 06:19:01 PM »
one of my fav things for around 100k is a coffee blender. then buy beans (they are cheap) from gmarket and enjoy fresh coffee every morning

http://item.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=694343112&pos_shop_cd=SH&pos_class_cd=111111111&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=coffee+beans&keyword_seqno=12135052983&search_keyword=coffee+beans

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3875 on: June 02, 2017, 06:29:56 PM »

One of these.

I love my marathon mouse. Your external link crashed my computer, but that's no surprise, it's a piece of garbage. I bought a new router literally last month. The old one was being ornery.

Whoever posted the Blue Cheese Sea Salt in a container with a magnetic base: I don't think I've ever needed something as much as I need that. Thank you!!

Whoever suggested coffee again: pay attention!

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3876 on: June 02, 2017, 06:29:56 PM »
Anytime I do something awesome, I will say "WHOA is me!"

hahahahahaha
is me!

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3877 on: June 02, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »

hahahahahaha
is me!

It took me until this post to realize my mistake. Woe is me! All praise Keanu.

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3878 on: June 03, 2017, 02:05:08 AM »

hahahahahaha
is me!

It took me until this post to realize my mistake. Woe is me! All praise Keanu.

Buy one of these:

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=880908006

and 2 of these:

http://tinyurl.com/yco72fel

And join the future.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3879 on: June 05, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »
Watched both the new Pirates movie and Wonder Woman this past weekend.

I enjoyed both. But not without a lot of eye-rolling. Especially with how they had a few of the Amazons walking like they were swole. xD

Lots of fun.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment