November 19, 2017, 09:13:07 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402326 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3861 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
Chinguetti and Donovan enjoying a scenic hike together. :smiley:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:57:38 PM by kyndo »

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3862 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
Is there any other Waygook.org user more universally liked than Chinguetti?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3863 on: June 07, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »
:-*

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3864 on: June 07, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
Has anyone seen The Mummy yet?   I feel like that'd be a fun one to see in 4D.  I've only seen the first Pirates movie but I feel any of those in the franchise would be a good 'un for 4D. 

I need to get me to a movie theatre this weekend. 

Only downside to 4D for me is if there's water spray since I wear glasses.  Love the effect though.  I think there was some after some blood splatter when I saw Resident Evil.   8)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3865 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
Has anyone seen The Mummy yet?   I feel like that'd be a fun one to see in 4D.  I've only seen the first Pirates movie but I feel any of those in the franchise would be a good 'un for 4D. 

Only downside to 4D for me is if there's water spray since I wear glasses.  Love the effect though.  I think there was some after some blood splatter when I saw Resident Evil.   8)

Is there a better terrible movie franchise than Resident Evil in recent memory? Because those movies are incomprehensibly bad. But I keep watching them.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3866 on: June 07, 2017, 01:19:04 PM »

if you wanna see the mummy in 4d just wait until it comes out on blu-ray, then watch it in your apartment and get someone to throw toilet paper at you.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3867 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »

Watched this whole gif. Missed the ending. Watched the whole thing again.

Not so sure. I saw her talk sharply to some other waygook.org users a while back.

But I think we're all agreed that "Surviving the Game" is the best (non-time travel/-basketball/-Bond) Ice-T movie this side of "Who's the Man?"

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3868 on: June 07, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

if you wanna see the mummy in 4d just wait until it comes out on blu-ray, then watch it in your apartment and get someone to throw toilet paper at you.

Can't stand 4D. The only movie I saw in 4D that did it right was "Fury Road". Otherwise the seats nauseate me, the spray annoys me, the 똥침 confounds me, and I'm forced to sit straight-backed off the chair to hold my lunch and fend off a headache.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3869 on: June 07, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »

Watching this was truly time well spent.   8)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3870 on: June 07, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »

Can't stand 4D. The only movie I saw in 4D that did it right was "Fury Road". Otherwise the seats nauseate me, the spray annoys me, the 똥침 confounds me, and I'm forced to sit straight-backed off the chair to hold my lunch and fend off a headache.

Yeah 4D is fun for a 5 minute ride at an amusement park but it's annoying for a whole movie. I saw Civil War in 4D and I wouldda been furious had I not already seen it a few times already. The 4D was distracting and was not fun for over 2 hours o.o

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3871 on: June 07, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
Please keep in mind that resigning and re-signing are literally opposites.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3872 on: June 07, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
Please keep in mind that resigning and re-signing are literally opposites.

We should start a trend to use "renew " and "quit"

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3873 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:06 PM »

Yeah 4D is fun for a 5 minute ride at an amusement park but it's annoying for a whole movie. I saw Civil War in 4D and I wouldda been furious had I not already seen it a few times already. The 4D was distracting and was not fun for over 2 hours o.o

Oh man, I would have loved to have seen Mad Max in 4D! That was a baller film. 

As I get older, the less interested I am in amusement parks so 4D films are like low key roller coaster rides for my aging self :laugh: 

I've yet to see one that was ridiculous with the 4D though.  I think the movies I've seen had just enough and not too much. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3874 on: June 07, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »
For some reason two of my students like declaring, "Stupid!" or "Ugly!" while passing a ball back and forth during breaks.  There's no malice in their voices and they do this with smiles on their faces.   :undecided:

At least they're using English?  These are middle school grade 3 boys.  Hahahah so strange

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3875 on: June 07, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »

Yeah, I've never seen a 4D movie partly because I'm worried all the jolting would completely ruin it, especially at the price. However, I do want to see The Mummy. I loved the Brendan Fraser one though, so we'll see.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3876 on: June 07, 2017, 02:54:29 PM »

reminds me of this website. not sure it's around anymore

warning - this is a little bit NSFW

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3877 on: June 07, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
The unending mystery of:

Why is it that, every time I go to the bathroom (regardless of different locations in the school), the janitor is somehow ALWAYS there or on my heels.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3878 on: June 08, 2017, 07:51:28 AM »
There is, deep down, a small part of me that wants to receive a departure notice too. Then I wouldn't have to make any decisions about whether or not to stay in Korea. Daft, I know.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3879 on: June 08, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »

Not so sure. I saw her talk sharply to some other waygook.org users a while back.

I'm a witch at heart.  :wink:

But I think we're all agreed that "Surviving the Game" is the best (non-time travel/-basketball/-Bond) Ice-T movie this side of "Who's the Man?"

Ice-T's greatest performance.