September 25, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356457 times)

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3840 on: May 26, 2017, 04:01:06 PM »
New Chapo Trap House episode came out today. Anyone else listen to that show?

That's the best name for a podcast I've ever heard. I kind of want to listen to it, but honestly I can't stand political podcasts. But David Cross is on it. So that makes me want to listen.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3841 on: May 26, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
Yes. But only for Felix.

Offline Baby Aubergine

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3842 on: May 26, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »

That's the best name for a podcast I've ever heard. I kind of want to listen to it, but honestly I can't stand political podcasts. But David Cross is on it. So that makes me want to listen.

I think the main reason it's done great (think it holds some kind of all-time Patreon record, so they will probably never need to advertise) is that it's nothing like a normal political podcast. If you're somewhat leftist and either understand or can tolerate some really obscure Twitter references, I'd say give it a crack

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3843 on: June 02, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »
Delicious garbage update:

Lotteria has this burger with bacon and an ENTIRE MOZZARELLA CHEESE PATTY. I can't stay away, I won't stay away.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3844 on: June 02, 2017, 12:15:29 PM »
We were talking about stubbornness at lunch yesterday. It came up that I am stubborn about one thing, being on time for class. It was said that I am very set in my ways in that I want all teachers, as well as students, to be on time if they are coming to my class (as in, when the bell finishes ringing everyone is sitting down and ready).  :laugh: :laugh: My response: "I literally only ask for one thing." 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3845 on: June 02, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »

Lotteria has this burger with bacon and an ENTIRE MOZZARELLA CHEESE PATTY. I can't stay away, I won't stay away.
Have you tried it already, or only saw it on the posters? I'm intrigued, but I haven't been to Lotteria since my first year here and it was the only thing in my area.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3846 on: June 02, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
Overdid it at the gym yesterday and didn't stretch enough after the fact because I had to rush to get somewhere, and I'm reeaaaally feeling it right now.

The pain feels good today, though. Maybe it's because it's Friday and I don't need to be anywhere. I can actually look forward to sinking my bones into bed and watching a good movie later. Might even buy some ice cream to keep me company. I haven't had ice cream in a long time.

Anyone getting a 4-day weekend?

Also forgot that the new Pirates movie is out. Need to catch it.

Offline wanderlust8

• Adventurer
« Reply #3847 on: June 02, 2017, 01:24:59 PM »
Overdid it at the gym yesterday and didn't stretch enough after the fact because I had to rush to get somewhere, and I'm reeaaaally feeling it right now.

The pain feels good today, though. Maybe it's because it's Friday and I don't need to be anywhere. I can actually look forward to sinking my bones into bed and watching a good movie later. Might even buy some ice cream to keep me company. I haven't had ice cream in a long time.

Anyone getting a 4-day weekend?

Also forgot that the new Pirates movie is out. Need to catch it.

My co is getting a 4 day weekend but I'm not. I figure I'll just have a netflix day since I'll have the room to myself.

I really loved the new Pirates movie. Highly recommend it.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3848 on: June 02, 2017, 01:35:56 PM »

Have you tried it already, or only saw it on the posters? I'm intrigued, but I haven't been to Lotteria since my first year here and it was the only thing in my area.

I've had it twice, almost three times but reached out to a friend to talk me down off the ledge. It is seriously amazing.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3849 on: June 02, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »

I've had it twice, almost three times but reached out to a friend to talk me down off the ledge. It is seriously amazing.
Haha ohh, good to know. I have been pretty good lately with foods and gym so maybe as a treat. I love melty mozzarella on stuff.

@Chinguetti- It's a really fun movie, I liked it.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3850 on: June 02, 2017, 01:51:33 PM »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3851 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »
My co is getting a 4 day weekend but I'm not. I figure I'll just have a netflix day since I'll have the room to myself.

I really loved the new Pirates movie. Highly recommend it.

My main school gets a 4-day weekend, but my secondary school doesn't, and that's the school I'm at on Mondays and Tuesdays. ;c

@ Halo and wanderlust: Nice, thanks, I have something to look forward to. I've been excited about this movie for a while.

Not gonna lie, though, I would still go see it even if everyone told me it was the worst POS to come out this year. Because, **** it, I love Sparrow.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:05:17 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3852 on: June 02, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »
I've got an urge to exercise some consumerism. What can I buy for myself that's no more than 100kwon? I like gadgets, music, science fiction and cheese. Gimme suggestions! It has to be available online in Korea. I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Step 1) Get a Costco membership (if you have one skip to step 2 and perform the step twice)
Step 2) Buy 5 blocks of Costco cheese.

That should take you pretty close to your 100k limit.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3853 on: June 02, 2017, 02:47:47 PM »

Step 1) Get a Costco membership (if you have one skip to step 2 and perform the step twice)

And then well above it, as you end up spending 200k every time you go to Costco.

I don't know, Waygook.org user Lurch - buy a blender? A good blender will take you far. Buy a nice coffee maker or French press and a few kgs of coffee?

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3854 on: June 02, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
I don't know why but today I have the strong urge to when saying "Hello!" follow up with "I'm Deckard Cain." I don't know why. I have also unconsciously started saying the "Hello!" in an increasingly older old-man voice.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3855 on: June 02, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
I don't know why but today I have the strong urge to when saying "Hello!" follow up with "I'm Deckard Cain." I don't know why. I have also unconsciously started saying the "Hello!" in an increasingly older old-man voice.
Wirt is better.

Offline tanis62458

• Veteran
« Reply #3856 on: June 02, 2017, 04:00:34 PM »
some bird shit on my arm while i was walking around after lunch :cry:

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3857 on: June 02, 2017, 04:03:04 PM »

And then well above it, as you end up spending 200k every time you go to Costco.

I don't know, Waygook.org user Lurch - buy a blender? A good blender will take you far. Buy a nice coffee maker or French press and a few kgs of coffee?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I have need of that much cheese. And I already have a decent blender and I don't drink coffee (the wife's got a Gaggia espresso machine anyway.)

Whoa is me! Must I save my money?!?

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3858 on: June 02, 2017, 04:05:57 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I have need of that much cheese. And I already have a decent blender and I don't drink coffee (the wife's got a Gaggia espresso machine anyway.)

Buy a nice pair of jeans, or some new summer shoes. Do you have a decent pair of sunglasses?

Actually, only the shoes out of those three would be under 100k.

Buy yourself a nice bottle of wine.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3859 on: June 02, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »

Anytime I do something awesome, I will say "WHOA is me!"

hahahahahaha
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment