December 11, 2017, 01:40:50 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 424843 times)

Offline sfusiondj

• Adventurer
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3740 on: June 12, 2017, 09:50:10 AM »
And if you'd even caught a passing glance at her, her elegance and poise would have turned you to the other side.

Rose tinted glasses, bra. Don't believe the lies you're telling yourself.

I'm an eminent expert on break ups. Trust.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3741 on: June 12, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Stop falling so swiftly, man.  I mean that kindly.  Power through though, mate.

Wanna go to love motel? wkwkwk

But seriously. Don't tell me what to do.

And if you'd even caught a passing glance at her, her elegance and poise would have turned you to the other side.

*But in all reality, thanks*

Is that like a pacman sound?  Hahah. 

One time I went to the movies and this employee was super nice and helpful.  The next weekend I went to the movies again and the same employee was there.  The latter time she drew hearts on my receipt (for the floor and room number) instead of the usual circles.   :laugh: :undecided: :laugh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3742 on: June 12, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »

One time I went to the movies and this employee was super nice and helpful.  The next weekend I went to the movies again and the same employee was there.  The latter time she drew hearts on my receipt (for the floor and room number) instead of the usual circles.   :laugh: :undecided: :laugh:

HER floor and room number?  :azn:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3743 on: June 12, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »

Oh if only...  :afro:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3744 on: June 12, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »

Don't let it go to your head. There is a certain immaturity in some Korean women.

A few months ago, I took a jar of coins to the bank. The teller told me I could wait, or she would send me a text when it was counted and deposited.

The text she sent had 💕💕 heart emoticons. 

Guess she didn't see my account balance.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3745 on: June 12, 2017, 12:27:05 PM »
Nah, my ego is rarely bloated. I don't even swing that way. Makes for a fun story though!

Sometimes I think my male coT might swing for his own team though. I swear his texts have more ellipses and emojis than actual word content. If he were a younger teacher I think it would seem less odd. He also turned grapes and cherry tomatoes into hearts for me. I haven't even seen the female teachers bother doing that.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3746 on: June 12, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »

Don't let it go to your head. There is a certain immaturity in some Korean women.

A few months ago, I took a jar of coins to the bank. The teller told me I could wait, or she would send me a text when it was counted and deposited.

They might have been buttering you both up for tips. Did they write their account numbers, as well?  :afro: :afro:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:43:18 PM by donovan »

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3747 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
If I did a shot every time my coteacher said "actually" I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning by noon every day.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3748 on: June 12, 2017, 12:48:04 PM »

They might have been buttering you both up for tips. Did they write their account numbers, as well?  :afro: :afro:

I think she might have helped herself to that.  The deposit was strangely an exact multiple of 10 000.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3749 on: June 12, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »
I forgot that fathers day is coming up.... Now I need to think of something I can get shipped to my dad..... What do you get someone who hates everything and everyone? Any suggestions? Otherwise he's getting another Marks Work Wearhouse giftcard...

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3750 on: June 12, 2017, 03:07:16 PM »
I forgot that fathers day is coming up.... Now I need to think of something I can get shipped to my dad..... What do you get someone who hates everything and everyone? Any suggestions? Otherwise he's getting another Marks Work Wearhouse giftcard...

I got my dad an NC Dinos 테임즈 jersey, as he was just recently picked up by our home team, the Milwaukee Brewers. It's great because the teams happen to share similar colors, and it's sure to draw attention when he goes to Miller Park.

Does he like to cook? My step mother has gone gluten-free so I thought they could use a good Korean-style rice cooker at their house. They're incredibly expensive though, so an Instant Pot might make a good gift. Or perhaps a Korean necktie? Too formal?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:11:59 PM by donovan »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3751 on: June 12, 2017, 03:15:44 PM »

I got my dad an NC Dinos 테임즈 jersey, as he was just recently picked up by our home team, the Milwaukee Brewers. It's great because the teams happen to share similar colors, and it's sure to draw attention when he goes to Miller Park.

Does he like to cook? My step mother has gone gluten-free so I thought they could use a good Korean-style rice cooker at their house. They're incredibly expensive though, so an Instant Pot might make a good gift. Or perhaps a Korean necktie? Too formal?

My dad can't even butter a dang sandwich so cooking things are out of the question. He's into NASCAR so maybe something related.... My friend screwed up his christmas gift (She came to visit and I got him a bunch of food but then she gave his gift to one of my other friends who are most of the food by the time I found out she gave him like a pack of gum and a choco-pie)so I need to get him something good.... Are there any Korean race car things? Maybe get him something super Korean for his car...

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3752 on: June 12, 2017, 03:23:22 PM »

My dad can't even butter a dang sandwich so cooking things are out of the question. He's into NASCAR so maybe something related.... My friend screwed up his christmas gift (She came to visit and I got him a bunch of food but then she gave his gift to one of my other friends who are most of the food by the time I found out she gave him like a pack of gum and a choco-pie)so I need to get him something good.... Are there any Korean race car things? Maybe get him something super Korean for his car...

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3753 on: June 13, 2017, 07:34:51 AM »

Lol tempting.... I might just have to invest in one of those for him...

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3754 on: June 13, 2017, 07:38:02 AM »
I was asked for a medical note today because she thought I actually had a heart problem.

When I explained what happened, it was not pretty.

:huh:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3755 on: June 13, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
Really wish I'd managed to nab a Nintendo Classic Mini before they sold out. And subsequently got discontinued in less than a year because the Nintendo company's a butt.

Could have used it for part of this year's summer camp. Regrets.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3756 on: June 13, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
I was asked for a medical note today because she thought I actually had a heart problem.

I thought you were joking about taking a day off? You actually said it's because you have a broken heart??   :shocked: :shocked: :laugh: :laugh:

or am I being dense....

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3757 on: June 13, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »

I thought you were joking about taking a day off? You actually said it's because you have a broken heart??   :shocked: :shocked: :laugh: :laugh:

or am I being dense....

No, I am fukking dense. ㅋㅋ

I decided a while ago to stop lying to people. I'm quite charismatic so it's quite easy for me to do, it's a useful skill, but I don't like using it.

I'll let the chips fall where they may. There's nothing my school can do to me that's worse than the feeling I have right now anyway.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3758 on: June 13, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »
My middle school 1st years at my current school are very particular about teams and seating arrangements. When I tell them to get into two teams (there's 12 of them) they take about 5 minutes to all play 'rock, paper, scissors' to figure out the team leader and pick their team members.  :rolleyes: Just split normally into 2 groups like everyone else. I also witnessed them assigning each other seats at lunch today too.

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3759 on: June 13, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »
A student just snuck up behind me while I was sitting at my desk watching YT and suddenly whispered at me "Teacher... why is grammar important?"

Scared the bejeezus out of me.  :cry: