September 22, 2017, 01:32:41 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 353888 times)

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3560 on: April 17, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
Okay so let's play What's That Smell:

It's got a chemical element to it? Like misted sharpie mixed with cheap laundry detergent. Might be specific to older folks but that's inconclusive. Someone has to have gotten a whiff of this. It's everywhere.

Is it that aerosol injury spray? Smells like menthol?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3561 on: April 17, 2017, 02:52:03 PM »
Chunjae, grade 6, lesson 4, page 58, Look and Listen. Jason and Ming share a birthday: April 20th. Did the author know what they were doing or what?

My mom's birthday, really.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3562 on: April 17, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »

It's got a chemical element to it? Like misted sharpie mixed with cheap laundry detergent. Might be specific to older folks but that's inconclusive. Someone has to have gotten a whiff of this. It's everywhere.

I don't think so? I feel like menthol would be pretty identifiable. It doesnt really SMELL like anything in particular -- just chemicals. This gonna bother me.  :sad:

Online kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3563 on: April 17, 2017, 02:58:36 PM »
Chunjae, grade 6, lesson 4, page 58, Look and Listen. Jason and Ming share a birthday: April 20th. Did the author know what they were doing or what?

My mom's birthday, really.

I have a class of 4 at one school. Doing this unit we learned that 2 kids have the same birthday, one is 3 days later, and one is a week after that. They're all March birthdays. So is mine. So is my ct. March is the only month these kids bothered to remember...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3564 on: April 17, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

I don't think so? I feel like menthol would be pretty identifiable. It doesnt really SMELL like anything in particular -- just chemicals. This gonna bother me.  :sad:

Moth balls?

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3565 on: April 17, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »

I don't think so? I feel like menthol would be pretty identifiable. It doesn't really SMELL like anything in particular -- just chemicals. This gonna bother me.  :sad:

Moth balls?
Yeah it does kind of sound like moth balls. I bought a few to try and keep from closet from getting that musty smell, but they were so overpowering I had to toss them out. It's like they could almost smell good, but that sharp chemical smell is far too much.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3566 on: April 17, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »
Yeah it does kind of sound like moth balls. I bought a few to try and keep from closet from getting that musty smell, but they were so overpowering I had to toss them out. It's like they could almost smell good, but that sharp chemical smell is far too much.

I personally can't stand the smell of moth balls, especially when it's hot. Just a horrible combination.

You can only imagine the internal drama when I get stuck next to a person who smells like moth balls in a crowded bus on a hot day. Just Hell on Earth.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3567 on: April 17, 2017, 04:46:38 PM »
Korea seems to be slowly replacing all of its Js with Zs.

Online kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3568 on: April 17, 2017, 05:05:34 PM »
On the topic of smells, does anyone else's city smell like watered down alfredo sauce? I stepped outside and it smells like when I try to pressure wash the sauce remains out of a pot with steaming hot water and the steam collects the smell as I try not to puke. I had to plug my nose from my house to the bus and it wasn't until the smell of farm poop wafted into the bus that the hot watery alfredo smell finally went away o.o

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3569 on: April 17, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »

I personally can't stand the smell of moth balls, especially when it's hot. Just a horrible combination.

You can only imagine the internal drama when I get stuck next to a person who smells like moth balls in a crowded bus on a hot day. Just Hell on Earth.

This sounds like it could be right. I'm not too familiar with moth ball smell but it seems like something old people would use and/or has a fairly unpleasant smell.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3570 on: April 17, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
We're teaching Don't do That so my co-teacher tried to find a song. This came through the speakers. She made it about 1:30 into the video before she closed it. hehehe

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3571 on: April 17, 2017, 05:48:18 PM »
We're teaching Don't do That so my co-teacher tried to find a song. This came through the speakers. She made it about 1:30 into the video before she closed it. hehehe

Did she not read the title?  :rolleyes:
Hahaha...Around 3 minutes the conversation started towards AIDS and fluid transfer...Man, maybe you need to stick with finding the videos...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:52:06 PM by lifeisgood6447 »

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3572 on: April 17, 2017, 06:28:05 PM »
I posted this in OinK but what the hell, y'all are my real wayg family. This happened the day after the annoying Ajeossi tried to follow me home.

Ajeossi: Foreigner!
Me: Yes?
Me: *sighs* Yes, that's me.
Ajeossi: I want to know............... I want to know...........
Me: What do you want to know?
Ajeossi: I want to know what love is!
Me: (Internally) WTH is going on? hahaha
Ajeossi: You look like Foreigner!
Me: Yeah, I'm from Canada.
Ajeossi: No, no. Singer! From Foreigner. You look like him.
Cue the light bulb above my head going off.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3573 on: April 17, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
I posted this in OinK but what the hell, y'all are my real wayg family. This happened the day after the annoying Ajeossi tried to follow me home.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Please be real.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3574 on: April 17, 2017, 07:05:17 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

I get the same, but they use the word "Alien".
Also, a lot more screaming and running away.
:sad: :cry:

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3575 on: April 17, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »

Please be real.

I can assure you that it happened as written.

Greatest Ajeossi ever.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3576 on: April 18, 2017, 05:48:23 PM »
Ran into a gaggle of ajumma aged ladies at the bus stop today.  Their language sounded like Mandarin?  They were clearly asking me what time their bus was going to leave but I wasn't entirely sure when (I only had a guess, as I don't take that bus) though I was pretty certain as to where they were going. 

No common language, but held up my fingers with my best guess, and tried to convey that I wasn't exactly sure.  Somehow they got there in the first place so I can only assume they'll return from whence they came in some fashion. 

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3577 on: April 18, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »
Had a sore throat the last couple of days so came into work expecting a battle to keep kids quiet and on track, but everyone, CTs too but especially the kids, have been beyond thoughtful and accommodating. Watching them police each other when the chingus get out of line and too loud must be one of the best sights in the classroom  :cheesy:

Then this afternoon, with my favorite high-level second grade class got a great warm-up convo banter going, then slid into quiet and attentive when I was giving instructions and then fun, involved and proactive again when it came time to brainstorm and be creative. Like, wow, what a class.

Tomorrow the other shoe's gonna drop, I can feel it.  :laugh:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3578 on: April 18, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
Ran into a gaggle of ajumma aged ladies at the bus stop today.  Their language sounded like Mandarin?  They were clearly asking me what time their bus was going to leave but I wasn't entirely sure when (I only had a guess, as I don't take that bus) though I was pretty certain as to where they were going. 

No common language, but held up my fingers with my best guess, and tried to convey that I wasn't exactly sure.  Somehow they got there in the first place so I can only assume they'll return from whence they came in some fashion.
I don't know why, but I have always loved the term "from whence they came."

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3579 on: April 18, 2017, 06:33:37 PM »

I don't know why, but I have always loved the term "from whence they came."

It's pretty good, but shouldn't it be "wherce" since it refers to a place and not a time? I would think "whence" would be a time.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment