November 19, 2017, 01:47:24 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402002 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3540 on: April 17, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »
Korea seems to be slowly replacing all of its Js with Zs.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3541 on: April 17, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
On the topic of smells, does anyone else's city smell like watered down alfredo sauce? I stepped outside and it smells like when I try to pressure wash the sauce remains out of a pot with steaming hot water and the steam collects the smell as I try not to puke. I had to plug my nose from my house to the bus and it wasn't until the smell of farm poop wafted into the bus that the hot watery alfredo smell finally went away o.o

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3542 on: April 17, 2017, 02:10:22 PM »
Yeah it does kind of sound like moth balls. I bought a few to try and keep from closet from getting that musty smell, but they were so overpowering I had to toss them out. It's like they could almost smell good, but that sharp chemical smell is far too much.

I personally can't stand the smell of moth balls, especially when it's hot. Just a horrible combination.

You can only imagine the internal drama when I get stuck next to a person who smells like moth balls in a crowded bus on a hot day. Just Hell on Earth.

This sounds like it could be right. I'm not too familiar with moth ball smell but it seems like something old people would use and/or has a fairly unpleasant smell.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3543 on: April 17, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
We're teaching Don't do That so my co-teacher tried to find a song. This came through the speakers. She made it about 1:30 into the video before she closed it. hehehe

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3544 on: April 17, 2017, 02:48:18 PM »
We're teaching Don't do That so my co-teacher tried to find a song. This came through the speakers. She made it about 1:30 into the video before she closed it. hehehe

Did she not read the title?  :rolleyes:
Hahaha...Around 3 minutes the conversation started towards AIDS and fluid transfer...Man, maybe you need to stick with finding the videos...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:52:06 PM by lifeisgood6447 »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3545 on: April 17, 2017, 03:28:05 PM »
I posted this in OinK but what the hell, y'all are my real wayg family. This happened the day after the annoying Ajeossi tried to follow me home.

Ajeossi: Foreigner!
Me: Yes?
Me: *sighs* Yes, that's me.
Ajeossi: I want to know............... I want to know...........
Me: What do you want to know?
Ajeossi: I want to know what love is!
Me: (Internally) WTH is going on? hahaha
Ajeossi: You look like Foreigner!
Me: Yeah, I'm from Canada.
Ajeossi: No, no. Singer! From Foreigner. You look like him.
Cue the light bulb above my head going off.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3546 on: April 17, 2017, 04:05:17 PM »
I posted this in OinK but what the hell, y'all are my real wayg family. This happened the day after the annoying Ajeossi tried to follow me home.

Me: Yes?
Me: *sighs* Yes, that's me.
Ajeossi: I want to know............... I want to know...........
Me: What do you want to know?
Ajeossi: I want to know what love is!
Me: (Internally) WTH is going on? hahaha
Ajeossi: You look like Foreigner!
Me: Yeah, I'm from Canada.
Ajeossi: No, no. Singer! From Foreigner. You look like him.
Cue the light bulb above my head going off.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

I get the same, but they use the word "Alien".
Also, a lot more screaming and running away.
:sad: :cry:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3547 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »

Please be real.

I can assure you that it happened as written.

Greatest Ajeossi ever.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3548 on: April 18, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
Ran into a gaggle of ajumma aged ladies at the bus stop today.  Their language sounded like Mandarin?  They were clearly asking me what time their bus was going to leave but I wasn't entirely sure when (I only had a guess, as I don't take that bus) though I was pretty certain as to where they were going. 

No common language, but held up my fingers with my best guess, and tried to convey that I wasn't exactly sure.  Somehow they got there in the first place so I can only assume they'll return from whence they came in some fashion. 

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3549 on: April 18, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
Had a sore throat the last couple of days so came into work expecting a battle to keep kids quiet and on track, but everyone, CTs too but especially the kids, have been beyond thoughtful and accommodating. Watching them police each other when the chingus get out of line and too loud must be one of the best sights in the classroom  :cheesy:

Then this afternoon, with my favorite high-level second grade class got a great warm-up convo banter going, then slid into quiet and attentive when I was giving instructions and then fun, involved and proactive again when it came time to brainstorm and be creative. Like, wow, what a class.

Tomorrow the other shoe's gonna drop, I can feel it.  :laugh:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3550 on: April 18, 2017, 03:10:07 PM »
Ran into a gaggle of ajumma aged ladies at the bus stop today.  Their language sounded like Mandarin?  They were clearly asking me what time their bus was going to leave but I wasn't entirely sure when (I only had a guess, as I don't take that bus) though I was pretty certain as to where they were going. 

No common language, but held up my fingers with my best guess, and tried to convey that I wasn't exactly sure.  Somehow they got there in the first place so I can only assume they'll return from whence they came in some fashion.
I don't know why, but I have always loved the term "from whence they came."

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3551 on: April 18, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »

It's pretty good, but shouldn't it be "wherce" since it refers to a place and not a time? I would think "whence" would be a time.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3552 on: April 18, 2017, 03:33:55 PM »

It's pretty good, but shouldn't it be "wherce" since it refers to a place and not a time? I would think "whence" would be a time.
I can't tell if you're just joking or not, but according to the Oxford Dictionary whence means, "from which; from where."

I asked my coteacher if she had any travel recommendations for the May break (I'm lazy and haven't made plans yet), and she mentioned a city then went off on a huge tangent/rant about how a man from there was president in the 80s and killed lots of people, and how he's still alive today and is rich. I have no idea whether that city is worth travelling to and it seems like she's completely forgotten that my question was about travel.

She talks incessantly and it's gotten to the point where I'm almost afraid to ask her anything, because she'll talk for 10 minutes about something completely unrelated.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:36:20 PM by flyingspider »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3553 on: April 18, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »

I can't tell if you're just joking or not, but according to the Oxford Dictionary whence means, "from which; from where."

I asked my coteacher if she had any travel recommendations for the May break (I'm lazy and haven't made plans yet), and she mentioned a city then went off on a huge tangent/rant about how a man from there was president in the 80s and killed lots of people, and how he's still alive today and is rich. I have no idea whether that city is worth travelling to and it seems like she's completely forgotten that my question was about travel.

She talks incessantly and it's gotten to the point where I'm almost afraid to ask her anything, because she'll talk for 10 minutes about something completely unrelated.

Gwangju Massacre? It's worth going there and checking out the Uprising museum and the Prison Park. But hey, I'm a poli sci dork, hahaha

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #3554 on: April 18, 2017, 03:38:22 PM »

"Whence" meaning a place, source, cause.  It's like "wherefore".  It doesn't sound like it means what it actually means.

Offline thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3555 on: April 18, 2017, 03:50:22 PM »

Gwangju Massacre? It's worth going there and checking out the Uprising museum and the Prison Park. But hey, I'm a poli sci dork, hahaha

Umm probably not the Gwangju Massacre.
Kor Share at jcink

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3556 on: April 18, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »

"Whence" meaning a place, source, cause.  It's like "wherefore".  It doesn't sound like it means what it actually means.

Like many words in the English language :D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3557 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »
One of the teachers asked me what I thought of their school's new English teacher.  I mean, we haven't worked together long, so I just said that my coT was nice and helpful during class. 

Then I clued in on the look on the teacher's face, "Ohhh.  Why, what do you think?"

Naturally at that precise moment, my coT pops up so I don't get a direct answer but I feel like the facial expression and hesitation of the teacher's face was enough info.   :shocked:

Makes me wonder what kinda drama might be happening at this school.  Hah.  I'm sure they miss the old KET, as do I.  I don't [yet] have anything against the new KET though. 

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3558 on: April 20, 2017, 12:56:18 PM »
One of the teachers asked me what I thought of their school's new English teacher.  I mean, we haven't worked together long, so I just said that my coT was nice and helpful during class. 

Then I clued in on the look on the teacher's face, "Ohhh.  Why, what do you think?"

Naturally at that precise moment, my coT pops up so I don't get a direct answer but I feel like the facial expression and hesitation of the teacher's face was enough info.   :shocked:

Makes me wonder what kinda drama might be happening at this school.  Hah.  I'm sure they miss the old KET, as do I.  I don't [yet] have anything against the new KET though.

Things might be getting juicy over this way, too. I have no idea, nor actually care what is going on, but things seem a bit out of the norm. I usually just sit back and let the others handle the gossip and headbutting.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3559 on: April 20, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »
I just burped and got a good whiff of lunch from it and I don't like that. It's basically like gaseous vomit.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:35:52 PM by Chinguetti »