December 12, 2017, 06:37:00 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 425319 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3460 on: April 24, 2017, 03:11:26 PM »
Teaching students about compliments. At the end, they have to give me a compliment.

"Teacher, I like your smell! It's so cutie!"

He meant smile.  :laugh: :laugh:

I just had a student run up to me.

"Teacher I have to cut open a pigs heart and will be gone."

:shocked:

"Biology class! Whole class will miss your class because we are cutting up a pig heart!"

What grade is this??  I had to cut up a pig's liver in high school bio before.
Haha, it actually is for high school. 2nd grade HS.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3461 on: April 24, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »
Thinking about going to Vietnam for Chuseok.  Never been and it's on my bucket list.  Love the cuisine though, so I'm already raring to hit up some fine street food.

Do it! SO much tasty food to be eaten. It's almost overwhelming  :laugh:

I would love to pick your brain for recommendations.  I'm wondering if I oughta stick to one city (don't even know which yet!) or bounce around.  Food is my number one priority though sights are a close second  :laugh:

Do it! If you come to saigon drop me a PM and I can take you on a motorbike/food tour :)

At the same time?  I knew you were mint!!  :-* Can I add in shaving on the bike too?

sure thing, you can do anything on a bike here if you put your mind to it

I went into a bookstore one day when I was walking around and there is a coffee table book thats full of the many many things people have been seen carrying around on those motorbikes. It's pretty nuts.

Where did that third hand in the last picture come from o.o

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3462 on: April 24, 2017, 03:16:43 PM »
The person steering the bike. They also have on orangey-yellow flipflops, it looks like.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3463 on: April 24, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »
That's dedication. The placement makes it look super uncomfortable for one person to steer and hold. Someone had a sore back from twisting half way around to hold that.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3464 on: April 24, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Thinking about going to Vietnam for Chuseok.  Never been and it's on my bucket list.  Love the cuisine though, so I'm already raring to hit up some fine street food.

Do it! SO much tasty food to be eaten. It's almost overwhelming  :laugh:

I would love to pick your brain for recommendations.  I'm wondering if I oughta stick to one city (don't even know which yet!) or bounce around.  Food is my number one priority though sights are a close second  :laugh:

Do it! If you come to saigon drop me a PM and I can take you on a motorbike/food tour :)

At the same time?  I knew you were mint!!  :-* Can I add in shaving on the bike too?

sure thing, you can do anything on a bike here if you put your mind to it

I went into a bookstore one day when I was walking around and there is a coffee table book thats full of the many many things people have been seen carrying around on those motorbikes. It's pretty nuts.

Second Third Hand Shop?

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3465 on: April 24, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »

Haha yeah, the dude driving the motorbike  :laugh: they usually have one dude driving and whatever miscellaneous object they're transporting wedged between themselves and the passnger

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3466 on: April 25, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
Played a game with my 6th graders where they guess a celeb's birthday. They not only refuse to believe that Robert Downey Jr is over 50, but they're convinced his real name is Tony Stark...

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #3467 on: April 25, 2017, 12:08:42 PM »
Played a game with my 6th graders where they guess a celeb's birthday. They not only refuse to believe that Robert Downey Jr is over 50, but they're convinced his real name is Tony Stark...

I am also convinced that his real name is Tony Stark.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3468 on: April 25, 2017, 12:12:40 PM »

Show them a picture of Halle Berry sometime (she's also 50). I swear to gawd that woman is immortal.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3469 on: April 25, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »

Show them a picture of Halle Berry sometime (she's also 50). I swear to gawd that woman is immortal.

"Black don't crack." So goeth the saying.  :wink:

RDJ seems to get finer with age. His youthful self was not very attractive. But that's just my opinion~

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3470 on: April 25, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »

"Black don't crack." So goeth the saying.  :wink:

RDJ seems to get finer with age. His youthful self was not very attractive. But that's just my opinion~

Maybe so, but Berry credits her faithful use of sunscreen, even on cloudy days. xD

And I agree, I like middle-aged Downey better than baby-faced Downey. His looks fade into rugged with manly grace better than most.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:54:30 PM by Chinguetti »

YoungMin

« Reply #3471 on: April 25, 2017, 03:32:49 PM »
The school just installed one of those fancy electrical toilet seats in the staff shitter. Not only is my giant carcass too big for the thing it feels like I'm being slow cooked and summer is just around the corner.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3472 on: April 26, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
Lately there's been a weird beeping noise at night.  From somewhere outside. 

Reminds me of submarines. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3473 on: April 26, 2017, 10:40:17 AM »
I saw one of those FB cooking videos for animal cracker cheesecake, and it got me really craving those frosted animal crackers. Go and coupang and they have them! Hooray! Especially now that he rocket shipping applies to global purchases too.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3474 on: April 26, 2017, 10:45:28 AM »
I saw one of those FB cooking videos for animal cracker cheesecake, and it got me really craving those frosted animal crackers. Go and coupang and they have them! Hooray! Especially now that he rocket shipping applies to global purchases too.

Ooo, you don't say??  Not that I need any more garbage any time soon but duly noted for the future...

Offline insulimted

• Veteran
« Reply #3475 on: April 26, 2017, 01:37:28 PM »
Student English teachers were expressing disappointment because the school didn't plan well for them and they didn't learn as much as they could have. So I told them they actually learned a lot about Korean schools.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #3476 on: April 26, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
Recently found out my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease and then another person close to my family was just diagnosed with terminal lung cancer... I wasn't planning on going home but now I kinda wanna visit but..its so expensive! Why are flights still so expensive! Sometimes when this stuff happens it makes me wonder if I should think about going home for good but...I'm just not ready to...its been 5 and a half years  :-[

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3477 on: April 26, 2017, 03:28:06 PM »
Student English teachers were expressing disappointment because the school didn't plan well for them and they didn't learn as much as they could have. So I told them they actually learned a lot about Korean schools.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3478 on: April 27, 2017, 08:00:36 AM »
Apparently a parent of a 5th grade student complained to the homeroom teacher that English class has too much homework. My co and I are pretty confuse,d because we literally never give homework. Everything is done in class. I guess if that parent really has a problem they can come talk to us themselves instead of whining to the homeroom teacher, but I'd be surprised if that happened.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3479 on: April 27, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
What's up with middle school kids having grey hair?