September 27, 2017, 03:25:47 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 357731 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3320 on: March 29, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »
seeyou Later.

:police: Okay, class how do we fix this?

;D :laugh: Big s!

:police: Yeah, a capital at the start of a sentence! Very good! What's next?

:afro: Seeyou!

:police: What about it, Minseong? See, what, you?

:afro: We need a jump.

:police: ---->  :huh: A jump?

:afro: Yes, jump button.

:huh: Minseong, this isn't Overwatch. hahahahah It's a "space bar."

Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3321 on: March 29, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
seeyou Later.

Hah. Cute.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3322 on: March 29, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »
seeyou Later.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3323 on: March 29, 2017, 04:38:25 PM »
^That kid would probably be my favorite.

I'm trying to adapt the board game "Sorry" into a 5 player version but I think I'm just giving myself a headache.  I've made a mini mock up using a pentagon shape and I can't decide if the inner negative space looks ugly.  And how will adding a 5th color affect gameplay?  Probably just overthinking it.  The way the board pieces are now, the 5th piece can be optional. 

(One of my relevant classes has 5 students whereas the others have less so it isn't an issue except for the one class)

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3324 on: March 29, 2017, 05:40:20 PM »
I went ahead and renewed my gym membership because I'm fierce, and one of the trainers that I accidentally made eye-contact with a couple of weeks back is now trying to chat me up whenever I go in.

So I've decided that I'm going to take a page out of the tales of waygook and start announcing my presence at the gym with a loud fart every time I go in.

I hope you're ready for me, world.

In other news, Bored Panda has inspired me to try to sculpt and decorate a cake to look like a bowl of kimchi jigae. I shall bring it to work for the office to share, should I be successful.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3325 on: March 29, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »
I went ahead and renewed my gym membership because I'm fierce, and one of the trainers that I accidentally made eye-contact with a couple of weeks back is now trying to chat me up whenever I go in.

So I've decided that I'm going to take a page out of the tales of waygook and start announcing my presence at the gym with a loud fart every time I go in.

In other news, Bored Panda has inspired me to try to sculpt and decorate a cake to look like a bowl of kimchi jigae. I shall bring it to work for the office to share, should I be successful.

You're the hero we need.

But cake is poison.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3326 on: March 29, 2017, 05:51:19 PM »

If you can nail this puppy, you will receive legend status. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3327 on: March 29, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »

You're the hero we need.

But cake is poison.

Delicious poison.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3328 on: March 29, 2017, 06:06:08 PM »
You're the hero we need.

But cake is poison.

I eat cake for breakfast.

If you can nail this puppy, you will receive legend status. 

I was going to do this for my parents' camp, but that plan got nixx'd for reasons... but, yeah, this seems a lot easier than the kimchi jigae cake. xD

These skillz tho.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:09:06 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3329 on: March 29, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
Those cakes look amazing but I'm not fond of the flavor of fondant.  Or maybe I've just never had good fondant.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3330 on: March 29, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »
Those cakes look amazing but I'm not fond of the flavor of fondant.  Or maybe I've just never had good fondant.

My wife makes a marshmallow based one that is ok.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3331 on: March 29, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »
My wife and I went to snag some lunch today. I got my usual coffee + milk. I pick up the cup and it's like half full. Take a sip and it's ice cold and tastes like milk.

Upon hearing Americano + milk the lady behind the counter took an espresso shot and then dumped a full thing of milk in with it.

We go back up and the manager just looks at us, listens to what my wife says and knows what I need instantly. He's doing this massive eye roll response as the adjumma behind him is saying she had never heard of that before. The other two college kids behind the counter + adjumma watch him make the drink like he is turning water into wine.

I was surprised as this was on the campus of a major university with a large contingent of foreign students (and I imagine exchange students). I can't be the first white guy who can't handle black coffee.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3332 on: March 29, 2017, 11:07:34 PM »
Upon hearing Americano + milk the lady behind the counter took an espresso shot and then dumped a full thing of milk in with it.

Uh, keep it goin, keep it goin, keep it goin FULL STEAM

Too sweet to be sour, too nice to be MEAN

Another dimension, new galaxy

INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

RIP MCA
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3333 on: March 29, 2017, 11:44:19 PM »
My wife and I went to snag some lunch today. I got my usual coffee + milk. I pick up the cup and it's like half full. Take a sip and it's ice cold and tastes like milk.

We go back up and the manager just looks at us, listens to what my wife says and knows what I need instantly. He's doing this massive eye roll response as the adjumma behind him is saying she had never heard of that before. The other two college kids behind the counter + adjumma watch him make the drink like he is turning water into wine.

I was surprised as this was on the campus of a major university with a large contingent of foreign students (and I imagine exchange students). I can't be the first white guy who can't handle black coffee.
It could be that others simply order a coffee and then add milk by themselves at the condiment counter.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3334 on: March 30, 2017, 10:57:58 AM »
It could be that others simply order a coffee and then add milk by themselves at the condiment counter.

What fancy coffee shop do you frequent? The only things the condiment counters have in my area are straws, napkins, and, occasionally, sweetener.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3335 on: March 30, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »

INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

RIP MCA

Ah the song that introduced me to the Beastie Boys.  Hooked ever since  :azn:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3336 on: March 30, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
Whenever I see the thread "Doing Privates in Korea" pop up, I just think, "Phrasing!"

I've seen too many episodes of Archer. 

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3337 on: March 30, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »

This depends on two things;

1. There is milk and/or cream at the condiment counter.
2. There is a condiment counter.

Both are untrue in this case.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3338 on: March 30, 2017, 02:01:27 PM »
So there's a new visiting teacher and I greeted him and he responded in kind. 

Then he kind of kept looking at me as though he expected me to say something else.  Slowly I realize that maybe he's wondering if I'm going to introduce myself.  By this time the silence has become palpable and slightly awkward (we both had smiles pasted to our faces) but then another teacher swooped in to guide him to his classroom. 

On the bright side, he seems much nicer than the last samul nori teacher who refused to even say hello (I always gave my greetings in Korean) and would literally just glare at me.

The only Korean friend I've made in Korea was one of these guys. We were made to sit awkwardly next to each other trying to make conversation.

He asks if I know what Xbox is. Friendship born.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3339 on: March 30, 2017, 02:03:06 PM »

INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

RIP MCA

Ah the song that introduced me to the Beastie Boys.  Hooked ever since  :azn:

Ahhh. That was worth the laugh.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment