November 19, 2017, 09:13:53 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402330 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3260 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:26 AM »
One of the new teachers told me my leggings looked sexy.  (we played sports the other day, I had on last year's uniform since I don't really have exercise clothes (they're pants that go below the knee, and I was wearing tights to cover up my lower legs because it's still cold)) 

I made this face  :huh: which made things awkward so she backtracked and said, "Uh, you look... good."  Cue awkward laughter from both parties.

Awkward. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3261 on: March 24, 2017, 09:45:20 AM »
There is this one student that seems to pop up everytime I'm walking while on my phone around campus. "Teacher, don't walk and look at your phone." "Teacher, you shouldn't walk and look at your phone." "Teacher..." He will just come out of nowhere and warn me.

Well today I just caught him walking down the stairs while playing on his phone and fixed him with a quick look, and the total shame in his eyes as he saw me was great.

My first year here, one of the teachers injured her foot because she fell down the stairs while playing on her phone.   :shocked:  She had to wear some sort of foot cage for a time.

I would LOVE to see people from here in real life, it would be so interesting. Like a nature documentary.

Hahah right?  I'm so curious to know what everyone looks like. 

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3262 on: March 24, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »
I hate how nutrition facts in Korean are often listed in a paragraph rather than in a chart. It would be much easier to figure it all out if it were laid out differently...

You should try being vegetarian and checking the ingredients on stuff in Paris Baguette.  'Oh, hey a VEGETABLE croquette, hum, flour, carrots, potato, sweetcorn.  Wow, that's it?  Should be vegetarian'  Goes outside and breaks it in half, ham inside.  ****** ***** and *******.  Even the Korean vegetable pasta sauces are filled with pork and squid flavourings.  ****** ****holes!!

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3263 on: March 24, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
There is this one student that seems to pop up everytime I'm walking while on my phone around campus. "Teacher, don't walk and look at your phone." "Teacher, you shouldn't walk and look at your phone." "Teacher..." He will just come out of nowhere and warn me.

Yaaasssss. I really...dislike... when people look at their phones and walk. It isn't because I care if they get hurt (I mean I do, but not exactly), it is because it inconveniences me when I am behind them and must wait for them to snap back to reality.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3264 on: March 24, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »

Yaaasssss. I really...dislike... when people look at their phones and walk. It isn't because I care if they get hurt (I mean I do, but not exactly), it is because it inconveniences me when I am behind them and must wait for them to snap back to reality.
I don't like the ones who continually stare down as they walk, impeding the natural flow of the sidewalk. I do quick glances up and down, but keep my speed up. And I don't on busy sidewalks, like on Hongdae or where ever.

@Yirj That seems like asking for it. Scary!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3265 on: March 24, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
One of the new teachers told me my leggings looked sexy.  (we played sports the other day, I had on last year's uniform since I don't really have exercise clothes (they're pants that go below the knee, and I was wearing tights to cover up my lower legs because it's still cold)) 

I made this face  :huh: which made things awkward so she backtracked and said, "Uh, you look... good."  Cue awkward laughter from both parties.

Awkward.

At least it was a woman who said it. Better awkward than creepy unsolicited 'sexy' comments from a guy.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3266 on: March 24, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »
^Most definitely!  And she's got a bf so it's not like she swings that way either, hahah

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3267 on: March 24, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »

I don't like the ones who continually stare down as they walk, impeding the natural flow of the sidewalk. I do quick glances up and down, but keep my speed up. And I don't on busy sidewalks, like on Hongdae or where ever.

@Yirj That seems like asking for it. Scary!

:undecided: :undecided: :undecided:We good 8)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3268 on: March 24, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
I wish... he only got me one bottle

I should probably go up to bed but I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm reading through the ranting thread. So far it has only solidified that I wish I was rl friends with chupacaubrey

omg :'''')

hehe I think I found you on facebook

unfortunately we can't be "RL" rl friends because I'm not in Korea but u kno~~~

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

I messaged you haha

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3269 on: March 24, 2017, 12:35:51 PM »
Student walks into the office.

Student:  "Hello!!"
Me:  "Hello!"
Student:  "Balloon! (holds up a balloon) Big balloon!"

*brief pause*

Student:  "Bye bye!!"  (exits)

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3270 on: March 24, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »

*brief pause*

I enjoy when things like this happen.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3271 on: March 24, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »

*brief pause*

I enjoy when things like this happen.

The bye bye can basically be expanded to "I have now exhausted 93% of my English vocabulary. I simply wanted to show you my balloon. Good day, Sir."

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3272 on: March 24, 2017, 02:14:44 PM »
Anyone even realize that a fairly bitter waygook user is someone they know in real life? It's really satisfying to make that connection and realize they're quiet in person because they're bitter at everything XD

LOL, yes this has happened to me. I know someone on here in RL. However the confidence and arrogance that comes through on this forum is in stark contrast to the lonely, sad, quiet, miserable person I know. :lipsrsealed:

It would be highly entertaining to have us all in one room, and let us try and figure out whose handle is whose.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3273 on: March 24, 2017, 02:31:37 PM »
I've known at least a couple previous waygook users in real life, they knew my handle, too.
One of them was the now (in?)famous Dr. gender last-name-rhymes-with-tomato. The stories were real.
:huh: :huh: :huh:
Soooo...
... Dr. gender Alfredo?
... Dr. gender Romeo?
... Dr. gender tornado?
... Dr. gender Horatio?
 :huh: :huh: :huh:

It would be highly entertaining to have us all in one room, and let us try and figure out whose handle is whose.
     I'm a lot less well spoken in real-life.... mostly because I (unfortunately) can't go back in time and constantly re-edit all my stupid remarks to sound progressively less stupid.

I've actually known several Wayg posters (and vice versa) but most have since left Korea, leaving me free to post to my trollish heart's content.  :azn: :evil:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:42:37 PM by kyndo »

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3274 on: March 24, 2017, 02:43:42 PM »
This is the second reference to DrGenderPotato I have seen in the past week or so, so I had to google it. Seems the Dr must have left just when I arrived. Reading the posts now though, good way to kill the next hour!
-A.A. Milne

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3275 on: March 24, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »
This is the second reference to DrGenderPotato I have seen in the past week or so, so I had to google it. Seems the Dr must have left just when I arrived. Reading the posts now though, good way to kill the next hour!

Google!

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3276 on: March 24, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I included waygook in the search, which narrowed it down a bit.

Also, just to add that the "You know what really grinds my gears______" thread is an absolute hoot!
-A.A. Milne

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3277 on: March 24, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
One more reference and she will reappear in a puff of smoke, laughing maniacally!
Like thus:

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3278 on: March 24, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
I would LOVE to see people from here in real life, it would be so interesting. Like a nature documentary.

Sounds like a fun experiment! Let's all post photos of ourselves and see if our looks fit our online persona.

I'll start. Unfortunately the lighting in this pic makes my beard look a tad weak  :cry:

Bonus round: After reading all Dr. GenderPotato's posts try and figure out which account it morphed into after it was "silenced" by the mods  :wink: Happy weekend reading!

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3279 on: March 24, 2017, 03:23:19 PM »
So she morphed into .. a robot maybe???

Truly you challenged me and now I am trying to figure it out. Because my brain sucks and it has some kind of weird OCD thing going on.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
-A.A. Milne