September 25, 2017, 07:05:14 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356594 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3240 on: March 23, 2017, 03:23:11 PM »
Fewer things are less elegant than a cafeteria of Koreans trying to use knives and forks on Dankatsu day!

I always find it funny how people literally don't know how to use a knife and fork properly, and yet are always surprised when whitey uses chopsticks.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3241 on: March 23, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
Hello friends I am in America and it is midnight here and I just polished off a bottle of wine ama

What kind of wine?

A malbec! I think it had a horse on the label. My partner bought it for me and bc of some meds he's on for his psoriasis he didn't drink any so I am decently drunk and can't remember precisely

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3242 on: March 23, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »
Hello friends I am in America and it is midnight here and I just polished off a bottle of wine ama

What kind of wine?

A malbec! I think it had a horse on the label. My partner bought it for me and bc of some meds he's on for his psoriasis he didn't drink any so I am decently drunk and can't remember precisely

ooOOOooo malbecs are nice

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3243 on: March 23, 2017, 03:41:21 PM »
Is it bad that being on waygook for 15 minutes already makes me miss Korea? Even going through the ranting/venting thread! haha

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3244 on: March 23, 2017, 03:48:10 PM »
Next up? A nice Shiraz Cabernet.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3245 on: March 23, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »
I wish... he only got me one bottle

I should probably go up to bed but I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm reading through the ranting thread. So far it has only solidified that I wish I was rl friends with chupacaubrey

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3246 on: March 23, 2017, 04:04:22 PM »

I should probably go up to bed but I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm reading through the ranting thread. So far it has only solidified that I wish I was rl friends with chupacaubrey

omg :'''')

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3247 on: March 23, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »

hehe I think I found you on facebook

unfortunately we can't be "RL" rl friends because I'm not in Korea but u kno~~~

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3248 on: March 23, 2017, 04:26:12 PM »
Has anyone mode or used a choose your own adventure game? I'm making one right now, and it's taking so long. Which makes sense given all the options. But whoooo.

I'm not sure how to use it in a big class, I'm just planning on using it in my after school class which has 2-4 people.

I haven't made one (though I'd love to) but there's a pretty great one already on waygook that I've used before.  The classes with kids who like video games loved it whereas some classes were "meh" about it. 

http://waygook.org/index.php?topic=83780.0.html

Check out the "Fantasy Adventure" by fwicksteed.  I modified the language a bit for my students but that was all.  It's one of my favorite things that I've found on waygook. 

EDIT:  the classes that loved it would beg to play it multiple times to try every path possible whereas the "meh" classes were satisfied after they successfully completed the adventure once.
The one I'm doing is "Can you survive the battle of Hogwarts." It's based on the Buzzfeed thing.

So when you did it for the whole class, how did they all do it together? Rock paper scissors for who got to choose? Or take turns?

I've got teeny classes but we just did a mishmash of "majority rules," taking turns, and RPS.  Kinda just let the personality of each class inform which way things got decided.  If your kids are high level enough, you can have them briefly discuss/debate which option is better. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3249 on: March 23, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
Yesterday one of the teachers was loudly declaring, "What the PARK!!" (and it very clearly sounded more like "WTF") whilst another was saying, "Choi Soon-sil" and jabbing his middle fingers into the air. 

This was before any alcohol was even consumed. 

I'm very fond of my main school, hahahah.   

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3250 on: March 23, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »

hehe I think I found you on facebook

unfortunately we can't be "RL" rl friends because I'm not in Korea but u kno~~~

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

YoungMin

« Reply #3251 on: March 23, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
Did i tell you about the time I went to the police station when someone nicked my bike?

Apart from the incompetence of the police one of the male officers was wearing about 500 of those little patches that women here plaster all over their face spots. He looked like a pepperoni pizza.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3252 on: March 23, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »
Did i tell you about the time I went to the police station when someone nicked my bike?

Apart from the incompetence of the police one of the male officers was wearing about 500 of those little patches that women here plaster all over their face spots. He looked like a pepperoni pizza.

My mum always brought me up saying two things about spots:  Don't touch them, give them air to heal.  My wife has the opposite idea, she makes it worse by picking at it and then uses those patches to suffocate it.   :-[

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3253 on: March 23, 2017, 05:51:40 PM »
I dislike the look of those patches.  When I first saw them I'd do a double take because I was uncertain of what I was looking at.  I feel as if they bring more attention to your face than simply letting your spots breathe fresh air. 

YoungMin

« Reply #3254 on: March 23, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
My thoughts exactly. I'd forgotten about the bike when all I could think of was 'how has this guy left the house looking like this'.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3255 on: March 23, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
Korea is so tech advanced that you can actually just go to Gmarket and download the patch.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3256 on: March 23, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
Fewer things are less elegant than a cafeteria of Koreans trying to use knives and forks on Dankatsu day!

I always find it funny how people literally don't know how to use a knife and fork properly, and yet are always surprised when whitey uses chopsticks.
Maybe thats why they are so surprised. They can't handle our cutlery, how can we handle theirs?  :undecided: :laugh:

YoungMin

« Reply #3257 on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »

Maybe thats why they are so surprised. They can't handle our cutlery, how can we handle theirs?  :undecided: :laugh:

Every time I eat lunch the teachers comment on how I don't have any kimchi on my tray. Today I decided to put some on as an experiment. They were all like Scarn has kimchi! Kimchi is delicious etc. Ate my food and left the kimchi and scraped it off into the abyss and walked away like a boss.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3258 on: March 23, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »
People are really sensitive about sarcasm/hyperbole here.

Co-T "The kids are very bad today."

Me "Yeah, let's make a little jail behind the school and we can lock them in there. haha"

Co-T "No, no! Don't say that. That is not good."

OBVIOUSLY IT WAS A JOKE. OBVIOUSLY

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3259 on: March 23, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »
People are really sensitive about sarcasm/hyperbole here.

Co-T "The kids are very bad today."

Me "Yeah, let's make a little jail behind the school and we can lock them in there. haha"

Co-T "No, no! Don't say that. That is not good."

OBVIOUSLY IT WAS A JOKE. OBVIOUSLY

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment