November 19, 2017, 01:46:58 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402001 times)

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3200 on: March 22, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
I wish the little ones had lunch earlier than 1:30, because all they do in my class is whine "배고파~~~~~~."

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3201 on: March 22, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »
My ears feel slightly strange lately.  Sort of as if the altitude has changed considerably and they need to pop.  Maybe some weird kind of sinus pressure? 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3202 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:28 PM »
I have nothing to do today. I hope you enjoy the 35 posts I've made today.

God bless you all.

Pet a dog today, or, if no dig is available, pet an ajumma. 

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3203 on: March 22, 2017, 02:45:09 PM »
I have nothing to do today. I hope you enjoy the 35 posts I've made today.
I've only made two or three, but one of them is like 20 paragraphs long and full of math. Enjoy!

My ears feel slightly strange lately.  Sort of as if the altitude has changed considerably and they need to pop.  Maybe some weird kind of sinus pressure? 
It's probably too early to tell, but it sounds like it might be an ear infection. I've learned over the years that lots of sleep is often helpful. Hope it clears up quickly!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:48:47 PM by kyndo »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3204 on: March 22, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »

It's probably too early to tell, but it sounds like it might be an ear infection. I've learned over the years that lots of sleep is often helpful. Hope it clears up quickly!  :smiley:

So..................................CORNY.

He? He? Get it?

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3205 on: March 22, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »
It was the best I could do: I had very little time to cobble that comment together.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #3206 on: March 22, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
It was the best I could do: I had very little time to cobble that comment together.

Holy shit, I just got fired!

You have to wear more than tassels to school, it would seem.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3207 on: March 22, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
Holy shit, I just got fired!

You have to wear more than tassels to school, it would seem.
Hahahaha! I bet that caused quite a row! Also, I'm amaized that someone as husky as yourself could bear to wear such a thing -- I hear those things chaff! Anyway, corngratulations: you've earned a kernel of respect from me!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:42:09 PM by kyndo »

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3208 on: March 23, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
Has anyone mode or used a choose your own adventure game? I'm making one right now, and it's taking so long. Which makes sense given all the options. But whoooo.

I'm not sure how to use it in a big class, I'm just planning on using it in my after school class which has 2-4 people.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3209 on: March 23, 2017, 10:57:54 AM »
Has anyone mode or used a choose your own adventure game? I'm making one right now, and it's taking so long. Which makes sense given all the options. But whoooo.

I'm not sure how to use it in a big class, I'm just planning on using it in my after school class which has 2-4 people.

I haven't made one (though I'd love to) but there's a pretty great one already on waygook that I've used before.  The classes with kids who like video games loved it whereas some classes were "meh" about it. 

http://waygook.org/index.php?topic=83780.0.html

Check out the "Fantasy Adventure" by fwicksteed.  I modified the language a bit for my students but that was all.  It's one of my favorite things that I've found on waygook. 

EDIT:  the classes that loved it would beg to play it multiple times to try every path possible whereas the "meh" classes were satisfied after they successfully completed the adventure once. 

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3210 on: March 23, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »
I trusted I'd get over this by now, but it still really wears at me when I hear "waygook" this and "waygook" that, especially from Korean teachers talking between themselves. Like, of the few Korean words I know, you seriously think waygook isn't one of them?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3211 on: March 23, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »

I haven't made one (though I'd love to) but there's a pretty great one already on waygook that I've used before.  The classes with kids who like video games loved it whereas some classes were "meh" about it. 

http://waygook.org/index.php?topic=83780.0.html

Check out the "Fantasy Adventure" by fwicksteed.  I modified the language a bit for my students but that was all.  It's one of my favorite things that I've found on waygook. 

EDIT:  the classes that loved it would beg to play it multiple times to try every path possible whereas the "meh" classes were satisfied after they successfully completed the adventure once.
The one I'm doing is "Can you survive the battle of Hogwarts." It's based on the Buzzfeed thing.

So when you did it for the whole class, how did they all do it together? Rock paper scissors for who got to choose? Or take turns?

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3212 on: March 23, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
I trusted I'd get over this by now, but it still really wears at me when I hear "waygook" this and "waygook" that, especially from Korean teachers talking between themselves. Like, of the few Korean words I know, you seriously think waygook isn't one of them?

Yeah. I can feel that. I had a really irritating experience where this one teacher who wasn't an English teacher was in the room and talking with my coteacher, and assumed that I couldn't understand what she was saying. She repeatedly referred to me as 외국인 instead of like 원어민 or 선생님, which is super disrespectful, and was asking my coteacher if I'm kind to students and if I work hard, while I was literally a few meters away.

My coteacher was visibly uncomfortable, because she knew I was sitting there and listening, but I didn't make a big deal of it. But yeah. Ugh. 

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3213 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
Hello friends I am in America and it is midnight here and I just polished off a bottle of wine ama

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3214 on: March 23, 2017, 12:19:41 PM »
Hello friends I am in America and it is midnight here and I just polished off a bottle of wine ama

What kind of wine?

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3215 on: March 23, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »
Fewer things are less elegant than a cafeteria of Koreans trying to use knives and forks on Dankatsu day!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3216 on: March 23, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
Fewer things are less elegant than a cafeteria of Koreans trying to use knives and forks on Dankatsu day!

I always find it funny how people literally don't know how to use a knife and fork properly, and yet are always surprised when whitey uses chopsticks.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3217 on: March 23, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »

What kind of wine?

A malbec! I think it had a horse on the label. My partner bought it for me and bc of some meds he's on for his psoriasis he didn't drink any so I am decently drunk and can't remember precisely

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3218 on: March 23, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »

What kind of wine?

A malbec! I think it had a horse on the label. My partner bought it for me and bc of some meds he's on for his psoriasis he didn't drink any so I am decently drunk and can't remember precisely

ooOOOooo malbecs are nice

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3219 on: March 23, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »
Is it bad that being on waygook for 15 minutes already makes me miss Korea? Even going through the ranting/venting thread! haha