November 19, 2017, 08:25:07 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402644 times)

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2780 on: February 03, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
Most of the teachers are back in today after their vacation so I'm really hoping someone is buying lunch... :azn:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2781 on: February 03, 2017, 09:10:42 AM »
Maybe it's your turn.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2782 on: February 03, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »

Worked for me and my heroin milkshakes.

It is all starting to make sense to me.

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2783 on: February 03, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Most of the teachers are back in today after their vacation so I'm really hoping someone is buying lunch... :azn:

I'm the opposite - I'm hoping no-one buys lunch today.  I made a nice sandwich and I'm happy having the peace and quiet.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2784 on: February 03, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
Whenever I go to the local Chinese place I tend to order a lot with the full intention of taking home leftovers. They never seem to judge me but sometimes I wonder if the other patrons are giving me side eye lol

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2785 on: February 03, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
Same boy as yesterday was sitting on the stool next to my desk during a break

I had waygook open and he went "oh waygook?? but it's all English! No Korean! I can't read! Impossible for me!"

I was like yeah buddy it's for.... waygooks. Like me. Who speak English. Lol

This went back and forth for a while. I tried to use the opportunity to encourage him to study more English in high school (he's a third grader) but he was like nah I don't like writing

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #2786 on: February 03, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »

I'm the opposite - I'm hoping no-one buys lunch today.  I made a nice sandwich and I'm happy having the peace and quiet.

I'm usually the opposite too but the stew I made last night and brought in today just isn't quite doing it for me.

Life Improvement every time I offer to buy it I am told no it's ok. Whether it's because I'm the youngest or the NET I don't know but they keep refusing. Instead I make sure there is a nice cake or PB bread bounty a couple of times a month  :azn:

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2787 on: February 03, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Spoke too soon.  Looks like I am having lunch with the others.  Sigh.  I hope it's good.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:56:16 AM by welcomebackkotter »

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #2788 on: February 03, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »

I had waygook open and he went "oh waygook?? but it's all English! No Korean! I can't read! Impossible for me!"

This went back and forth for a while. I tried to use the opportunity to encourage him to study more English in high school (he's a third grader) but he was like nah I don't like writing

That's cute. Sounds like he likes you. I love students that are curious and interested in interacting outside of just greeting.

I have some students see waygook and it's funny hearing them read the name of the website then watching them figure out what it actually means.

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2789 on: February 03, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
Ready for some home cooked dinner and some craft brews tonight. Birthday party tomorrow. 3 weeks left until I make the move to Seoul. Life is on the up and up!

Hell yeah, happy Friday everyone!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:08:42 PM by MWeb37 »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2790 on: February 03, 2017, 12:00:06 PM »

That's cute. Sounds like he likes you. I love students that are curious and interested in interacting outside of just greeting.

I have some students see waygook and it's funny hearing them read the name of the website then watching them figure out what it actually means.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised he's been talking to me so much, maybe he has a crush  :P

He could also be a student of the homeroom teacher who sits next to me but I don't remember what class he's in or what class she's the homeroom teacher of

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2791 on: February 03, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »
Emmas28.... you said PB bread.... is that peanut butter bread?!?!
Now that I have the possibility it could be true I am looking it up. Sounds delightful.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2792 on: February 03, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
Now that I have the possibility it could be true I am looking it up. Sounds delightful.
I thought she meant Paris Baguette.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2793 on: February 03, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »
I just looked it up... It's a thing and my mouth is watering as I think of making it.   :cheesy:

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #2794 on: February 03, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »
I thought she meant Paris Baguette.

I did actually mean Paris Baguette  ;D
But peanut butter bread does sound delicious and I imagine not that difficult to make (plans weekend baking time)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2795 on: February 06, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
Cleaned my apartment nicely for the people to visit on Saturday, and I really shouldn't have been surprised, but no-one came

I texted my coteacher who set up the appointment about it and she replied "I'll complain about it on Monday!" all cheery-like

:laugh:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2796 on: February 06, 2017, 10:59:21 AM »

I actually try to hide my browser from my students so that they don't see the waygook tab because I don't want them snooping around on here during their free times, lol.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2797 on: February 06, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
Soooooo what's everyone doing for these three 1/2 pointless days of school? Trying to gauge how much "try" I have in me.

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #2798 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
Soooooo what's everyone doing for these three 1/2 pointless days of school? Trying to gauge how much "try" I have in me.

Legiterally studying Korean. Like for real this time.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2799 on: February 06, 2017, 11:31:50 AM »

I actually try to hide my browser from my students so that they don't see the waygook tab because I don't want them snooping around on here during their free times, lol.
I've signed some of my students up with Waygook accounts and have encouraged the highest level ones to take part in this community in order to improve their English communication skills. I did this around the same time when some of the more obnoxious new posters appeared.
But that's probably just a coincidence. :smiley:

*Lies. All lies.