November 19, 2017, 11:42:14 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402766 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2640 on: December 28, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »
On another note, does anyone think it's possible to buy materials for making worms and dirt for 15 students for exactly 13,800 won?

For the entire class?

That might be rather difficult, lol, but it would depend a lot on what materials you plan to use and would have to buy.

Are you going to try for pudding or ice cream?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:02:31 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2641 on: December 29, 2016, 07:41:59 AM »
On another note, does anyone think it's possible to buy materials for making worms and dirt for 15 students for exactly 13,800 won?

For the entire class?

That might be rather difficult, lol, but it would depend a lot on what materials you plan to use and would have to buy.

Pudding

I might just chip in some of my own money to make it happen, though, because I really don't want to plan another day of class lmao

Plus making worms and dirt is literally the only thing that my coteacher who I'm doing camp with gave me positive feedback on

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2642 on: December 29, 2016, 07:51:34 AM »

For the entire class?

Pudding

I might just chip in some of my own money to make it happen, though, because I really don't want to plan another day of class lmao

Plus making worms and dirt is literally the only thing that my coteacher who I'm doing camp with gave me positive feedback on

Maybe you could calculate roughly how much it'll cost to make worms and dirt and then present the figure to your coT and see if there's some flexibility with budget. Sometimes there's a bit of money floating around. May be worth a shot! If not, you're back to square one anyway

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2643 on: December 29, 2016, 08:02:50 AM »

For the entire class?

Pudding

Maybe you could calculate roughly how much it'll cost to make worms and dirt and then present the figure to your coT and see if there's some flexibility with budget. Sometimes there's a bit of money floating around. May be worth a shot! If not, you're back to square one anyway

the budget is 58,300 and she's taking 40,000 for a pizza party on the last day  :rolleyes:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2644 on: December 29, 2016, 08:03:57 AM »
There's a park that's not far from me as the crow flies, but because of the roundabout bus routes it takes an hour to get there. Last night I had a dream that somehow my friends and I accidentally ended up in a space shuttle which blasted off to some planet. When we got back to earth it turns out we landed in this park. It only took 19 minutes to get to that planet and back, and I was furious in my dream, because if I could make a space flight in less than 20 minutes why does it take an hour to get to that park?

Public transportation is great here because it goes everywhere, but the long travel times get old and now it's invading my dreams.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2645 on: December 29, 2016, 08:08:26 AM »
There's a park that's not far from me as the crow flies, but because of the roundabout bus routes it takes an hour to get there. Last night I had a dream that somehow my friends and I accidentally ended up in a space shuttle which blasted off to some planet. When we got back to earth it turns out we landed in this park. It only took 19 minutes to get to that planet and back, and I was furious in my dream, because if I could make a space flight in less than 20 minutes why does it take an hour to get to that park?

Public transportation is great here because it goes everywhere, but the long travel times get old and now it's invading my dreams.

When I was a kid, I would often fly, Peter-Pan-and-Wendy style, in my dreams.  Try that next time you are stuck.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2646 on: December 29, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »

When I was a kid, I would often fly, Peter-Pan-and-Wendy style, in my dreams.  Try that next time you are stuck.

Funny. I often find myself running but never getting very far.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2647 on: December 29, 2016, 08:55:49 AM »

This is seriously the worst, ugh.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2648 on: December 29, 2016, 10:02:55 AM »
Richard Adams, author of Watership Down, has passed away at the ripe old age of 96.

RIP

"My heart has joined the thousand for my friend stopped running today."

I rented the movie from the library when I was a child, thinking it was about cute bunnies. I was in for quite the surprise.
Oh lordy, I remember watching that movie when I was 6 or 7 and I have never gotten over it.

Sometimes the library is a bit off the mark in categorizing materials-- I don't think Watership Down belongs in the children's section, hahahah.

My friend works in a public library back home and said that one time they were guffawing over a copy of "Go the F*** to Sleep!" that some elderly librarian apparently listed as a "children's" book.  :laugh:
Oh absolutely. Cartoons do not always equal children. Also made that mistake with a manga once. >>

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2649 on: December 29, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »
Oh absolutely. Cartoons do not always equal children. Also made that mistake with a manga once. >>

Back when I first discovered anime, I thought it was all DBZ and Sailor Moon kind of stuff.

Imagine my surprise when one of my brother's friends introduced me to a show that he'd described as a magical-girl anime about fighting demons. I think he laughed his ass off for a week at the look of horror on my face after I realized what kind of "fighting" was involved and that this was no kid's cartoon. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2650 on: December 29, 2016, 10:14:44 AM »

Back when I first discovered anime, I thought it was all DBZ and Sailor Moon kind of stuff.

Imagine my surprise when one of my brother's friends introduced me to a show that he'd described as a magical-girl anime about fighting demons. I think he laughed his ass off for a week at the look of horror on my face after I realized what kind of "fighting" was involved and that this was no kid's cartoon. xD
Yeah, I stumbled upon some of the guy on guy type once thinking it was just a regular sports anime. Always made sure to look into them more after that, haha.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2651 on: December 29, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »

That happens to me mostly when I am awake.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2652 on: December 29, 2016, 10:21:54 AM »

Yeah, I stumbled upon some of the guy on guy type once thinking it was just a regular sports anime. Always made sure to look into them more after that, haha.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2653 on: December 29, 2016, 10:44:33 AM »

That happens to me mostly when I am awake.

Haha.

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no sidewalks

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2654 on: December 29, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

A few times I was able to jump like Mario (a la N64 style, so it was especially cool). Sometimes I could fly like the dragon from Spirited Away. And very few times I was able to take control and shapeshift. Good times in dreamland~

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2655 on: December 29, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

Urotsukidoji [Legend of the Overfiend]?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2656 on: December 29, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »
The best I've ever been able to accomplish in a dream was breath underwater. Unfortunately, I was at the tender age of young and stupid when I had that incredibly vivid dream and I actually tried it at the community pool the next day.

Urotsukidoji [Legend of the Overfiend]?

La Blue Girl

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2657 on: December 30, 2016, 08:17:28 AM »
I had to call the police on my neighbors last night because it seriously sounded like the guy was ripping apart his girlfriend. I've heard loud noises from that apartment before, but this was a lot of sustained screaming and yelling and crashing and just... very scary. The police came and talked to them and it quieted down a bit but I did make out the guy raising his voice to his girlfriend and telling HER it was her fault for being too loud, although he was the one yelling the most.

Might go to the management office when I get home today to let them know what's up, since I'm a little nervous the yelly dude might be mad at me.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2658 on: December 30, 2016, 08:36:39 AM »
I had to call the police on my neighbors last night because it seriously sounded like the guy was ripping apart his girlfriend. I've heard loud noises from that apartment before, but this was a lot of sustained screaming and yelling and crashing and just... very scary. The police came and talked to them and it quieted down a bit but I did make out the guy raising his voice to his girlfriend and telling HER it was her fault for being too loud, although he was the one yelling the most.

Might go to the management office when I get home today to let them know what's up, since I'm a little nervous the yelly dude might be mad at me.

Many Korean rental agreements have a "reputation of the building" clause, so this might be something worth bringing up.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2659 on: December 30, 2016, 08:49:42 AM »

Many Korean rental agreements have a "reputation of the building" clause, so this might be something worth bringing up.

Yeah... I'm just not sure what to say, especially with my limited Korean. Just like, there was a lot of noise last night, it was scary, and I had to call the police? That much I can manage.

My coteacher's opinion is that it's not worth it because after having the police called on him the guy is never gonna yell again. Somehow I doubt it.