September 27, 2017, 03:22:40 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 357727 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2500 on: December 15, 2016, 12:55:01 PM »
I went to the doctor again and he decided to put me on different gastritis medications, and when I insisted that it's not a stomach problem he said well next time he'll order me a CT scan and bloodwork, but he really doubts I have any neurological problems because I am young, and I'm not anemic so it can't be that, and I'm not pregnant so it can't be that... why is it that just because he's an internal medicine doctor that means it has to be gastritis, even though I have no symptoms except nausea (which maybe I should have been calling dizziness, but I don't feel like I'm losing my balance, which is what dizziness means to me)

So now I'm taking 5 days of gastritis medication just to say I did so I can go back on Monday

Like, it's good to have things ruled out, but I'm kind of tired of being told what it's not. I want to be told what it is

I'm going to preface this with "I'm not judging you" because it's hard to get tone over text; I'm really just curious, but is there a reason you keep going back to the internal doctor? I assume you went to a 내과? They mostly deal with your lungs, stomach, intestines, and such, and granted if it's not an issue with any of those they would (should) refer you to another clinic or something, but I'm wondering why you keep returning to the doctor that you feel is no help.

It's not a clinic negwa, it's at the hospital. I went to the bigger hospital because I knew if I saw the clinic negwa in my building he wouldn't have anything useful, but the at the real hospital they just sent me to see a hospital negwa instead of a clinic negwa. (Man writing that out not in hangul is weird but I'm lazy)

This particular hospital is the most convenient to my house/work too so...

I mean, he told me the last time that if I was still feeling sick he'd refer me to a neurologist. So I went back expecting to be referred to a neurologist, but then he didn't. sigh

I'll go back there one last time next week, and if he still insists on treating me for nonexistent gastritis instead of ordering some tests or whatever I'll go to a different hospital.

I almost feel like I'm being a little hysterical because I haven't been quite as bad recently, but that's mostly because I've been making a big effort to avoid anything that could possibly trigger this mystery nausea/dizziness, and it would be much better to live my life without that

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2501 on: December 15, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »
The toilet seat heating is on these days. Kinda pleasant

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2502 on: December 15, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't like heated seats? They give me flashbacks to highschool when you'd come into class and sit in the arse warmth of the sweaty kid before you.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2503 on: December 15, 2016, 01:33:09 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't like heated seats? They give me flashbacks to highschool when you'd come into class and sit in the arse warmth of the sweaty kid before you.

Nah totally. When I first came to Korea it was more of a weird surprise. But now I dig it (at this school the kids aren't gross, so that also helps)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2504 on: December 15, 2016, 01:52:33 PM »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2505 on: December 15, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »

AHAHAHAHAH omg is that from The House Of Next Tuesday episode?
I know what I'm going home to binge watch now. But that's also a very accurate interpretation of what I think of when there are seat warmers.

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2506 on: December 15, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »
I go to lunch at the same time every day. Actually I do lot of other things I do at the same time every day.  There is one clock on the wall in the teacher's lunchroom.  I take a quick glance at it once every day - to make sure I have enough time before class to get a coffee.  It's always 12.40 when I glance at it.  I never really thought about - I just thought i consistently looked at it at the same time, just when I'm finishing my soup.  Yes, my smug self thinks in the back of my mind, quite consistent indeed. 

Yesterday the admin girl takes to clock off the wall to change the batteries.  It's been dead for weeks. 

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2507 on: December 15, 2016, 02:10:30 PM »
Boss used to always give me a coffee first thing in the morning and pawn the rest of the coffee off on me when there was some left in the coffee pot and they wanted to clean it or make a new pot. This eventually resulted in me drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day at school.

Lately I've been trying to drink less coffee to see if it helps with my nausea, and I keep hearing around noon/the end of the day "Wow! Why is there so much coffee left!"

I wonder

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2508 on: December 15, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
I went to the doctor again and he decided to put me on different gastritis medications, and when I insisted that it's not a stomach problem he said well next time he'll order me a CT scan and bloodwork, but he really doubts I have any neurological problems because I am young, and I'm not anemic so it can't be that, and I'm not pregnant so it can't be that... why is it that just because he's an internal medicine doctor that means it has to be gastritis, even though I have no symptoms except nausea (which maybe I should have been calling dizziness, but I don't feel like I'm losing my balance, which is what dizziness means to me)

So now I'm taking 5 days of gastritis medication just to say I did so I can go back on Monday

Like, it's good to have things ruled out, but I'm kind of tired of being told what it's not. I want to be told what it is

I'm going to preface this with "I'm not judging you" because it's hard to get tone over text; I'm really just curious, but is there a reason you keep going back to the internal doctor? I assume you went to a 내과? They mostly deal with your lungs, stomach, intestines, and such, and granted if it's not an issue with any of those they would (should) refer you to another clinic or something, but I'm wondering why you keep returning to the doctor that you feel is no help.

It's not a clinic negwa, it's at the hospital. I went to the bigger hospital because I knew if I saw the clinic negwa in my building he wouldn't have anything useful, but the at the real hospital they just sent me to see a hospital negwa instead of a clinic negwa. (Man writing that out not in hangul is weird but I'm lazy)

This particular hospital is the most convenient to my house/work too so...

I mean, he told me the last time that if I was still feeling sick he'd refer me to a neurologist. So I went back expecting to be referred to a neurologist, but then he didn't. sigh

I'll go back there one last time next week, and if he still insists on treating me for nonexistent gastritis instead of ordering some tests or whatever I'll go to a different hospital.

I almost feel like I'm being a little hysterical because I haven't been quite as bad recently, but that's mostly because I've been making a big effort to avoid anything that could possibly trigger this mystery nausea/dizziness, and it would be much better to live my life without that

Ahhh okay, I must have missed that part. Well, I hope you find out what it is soon. :sad:

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2509 on: December 15, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »

You are not alone.

I detest heated seats of any kind: toilet, subway, car, etc.

My butt has never been something to get cold, and why someone enjoys developing sweaty nethers while seated is more than a little odd to me.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2510 on: December 15, 2016, 02:26:48 PM »
My new coteacher: "Flyingspider, the reason you are always hungry in the afternoon is because you do not eat the rice."

What? I've never once said I'm hungry in the afternoon because I never have been. I eat all of the lunch, except for the boiled weed water and the rice. I don't like rice and I doubt I ever will. She went on a lecture about how Korean lunches always have rice and they always eat rice, and that I should eat the rice too. Well that's fine for you, but I'm not Korean and I'm not going to start eating the giant clump of plain white rice.

And if she could stop telling me, "You look cold!" every morning that would be great. It's freezing outside. Of course I look a bit cold.
1.5 more weeks with her.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:35:15 PM by flyingspider »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2511 on: December 15, 2016, 03:17:29 PM »
I really want to love teaching but I don't.

I think my personality is suited exactly to teaching and I love the idea of being a teacher.

But if I'm honest, I don't really enjoy my job.  It's ok I suppose, but I don't get out of bed in the morning excited about the prospect of going to work.

It might just be the influence of what I see on social media (which we all know we can't trust at face value) but I want to be one of those people who loves their job and loves working. 

Sigh.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2512 on: December 15, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »
I bought this hand lotion that was on sale. If you could bottle aggressive manliness, this would be it. It's kind of like Axe grew up, got married, moved to the suburbs, had a couple of kids, and gained some wrinkles and silver temples.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2513 on: December 15, 2016, 03:34:52 PM »
I bought this hand lotion that was on sale. If you could bottle aggressive manliness, this would be it. It's kind of like Axe grew up, got married, moved to the suburbs, had a couple of kids, and gained some wrinkles and silver temples.

That actually sounds horrifying.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2514 on: December 15, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »
I was quite taken aback, initially.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2515 on: December 15, 2016, 03:50:14 PM »
[img]
AHAHAHAHAH omg is that from The House Of Next Tuesday episode?
I know what I'm going home to binge watch now. But that's also a very accurate interpretation of what I think of when there are seat warmers.
I was thinking it must be 'Lair of the Lummox' as it is undeniably a lummox heating that seat, but now I'm pretty certain you're right. I break out the tooth beaver clip from 'Ren's Toothache' during our illnesses unit^^

Boss used to always give me a coffee first thing in the morning and pawn the rest of the coffee off on me when there was some left in the coffee pot and they wanted to clean it or make a new pot. This eventually resulted in me drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day at school.

Lately I've been trying to drink less coffee to see if it helps with my nausea, and I keep hearing around noon/the end of the day "Wow! Why is there so much coffee left!"

I wonder

I buy my own coffee beans and bring them in to work to brew a pot for the office from time to time. Earlier I had to stop because almost nobody else would drink that much so I ended up downing nearly the entire pot myself. Now we have some younger teachers in the office and I find myself making two pots a day to keep up with demand. It's gotten expensive. I'm going to try tea for a while.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2516 on: December 15, 2016, 03:51:18 PM »
I really want to love teaching but I don't.

I think my personality is suited exactly to teaching and I love the idea of being a teacher.

But if I'm honest, I don't really enjoy my job.  It's ok I suppose, but I don't get out of bed in the morning excited about the prospect of going to work.

It might just be the influence of what I see on social media (which we all know we can't trust at face value) but I want to be one of those people who loves their job and loves working. 

Sigh.

My goal for work isn't to love my job - rather just to feel like I'm doing something useful. I don't think it's realistic to expect to love your job. Heck, I love swing dancing, but on Saturday when I have to go to swing dance class I'm always like "ugh gotta drag myself to swing class"

Relatedly, among the reasons I couldn't stay at this job is I *don't* feel like I'm doing anything useful.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2517 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:08 PM »
So now you smell like all those young Korean guys who are covered in cheap cologne...

They make the morning commute really unpleasant.

Not sure how any person could actually enjoy smelling like that.  It's like they are trying to disguise cigarettes and filth.

Offline keldule

• Waygookin
  • Mostly lurking
« Reply #2518 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »

I use the teacher washroom. It's nice knowing that no kids are in there to foul up the stalls and that the heated seats are not from a gross backside.  :P

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2519 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »
Waygook.org website user donovan, this is for you:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment