November 19, 2017, 09:15:40 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402335 times)

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2500 on: December 15, 2016, 02:16:53 PM »
So now you smell like all those young Korean guys who are covered in cheap cologne...

They make the morning commute really unpleasant.

Not sure how any person could actually enjoy smelling like that.  It's like they are trying to disguise cigarettes and filth.

There might be a lot of truth behind that. They work really hard to try and disguise the smell of cigarettes around here, and there are A LOT of smokers.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2501 on: December 15, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
The Principal had me come down to her office and fed me pork, onions, peppers, kimchi, and apple slices.

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

And she asked me to teach her how to swing dance during vacation

Methinks (and have for awhile) that she does not, in fact, think of you as a daughter.

👅

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2502 on: December 15, 2016, 02:23:14 PM »
So now you smell like all those young Korean guys who are covered in cheap cologne...

Not sure how any person could actually enjoy smelling like that.  It's like they are trying to disguise cigarettes and filth.

There might be a lot of truth behind that. They work really hard to try and disguise the smell of cigarettes around here, and there are A LOT of smokers.

Fact: only washing your hands hella gets the smell of smoke off them.

Or time. Peeps that think they're being stealth by covering up with trash perfume are just making the problem worse.

As for clothes smelling like smoke, it's honestly not too hard to keep that under control unless you never clean your clothes. Or if you're going to clubs or bars where you can smoke inside still. Then your jacket gonna be stank.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2503 on: December 15, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
The Principal had me come down to her office and fed me pork, onions, peppers, kimchi, and apple slices.

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

Methinks (and have for awhile) that she does not, in fact, think of you as a daughter.

👅

omg pls

im dyin

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2504 on: December 15, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
Waygook.org website user donovan, this is for you:

[url]

Thanks :laugh: Isn't that the the girl from G-bus's Yap TV?
I take issue with her equating Nutella and jam, otherwise I could make it my anthem~~

For a while we were drinking oolong tea out of a nice hot water thermos pitcher thing instead of brewing a second pot of coffee after lunch, but I guess the oolong tea is gone now.

Oolong seems to have all but disappeared from Korea. I can't find it anywhere on the shelves at any market these days. Anyone have any idea what gives? I love oolong.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2505 on: December 15, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
For a while we were drinking oolong tea out of a nice hot water thermos pitcher thing instead of brewing a second pot of coffee after lunch, but I guess the oolong tea is gone now.

Oolong seems to have all but disappeared from Korea. I can't find it anywhere on the shelves at any market these days. Anyone have any idea what gives? I love oolong.

If it makes you feel better, it wasn't particularly good oolong tea

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2506 on: December 15, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

👅

omg pls

im dyin

"Swing dancing." Maybe she "swings" that way.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2507 on: December 15, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »

Fact: only washing your hands hella gets the smell of smoke off them.

Or time. Peeps that think they're being stealth by covering up with trash perfume are just making the problem worse.

As for clothes smelling like smoke, it's honestly not too hard to keep that under control unless you never clean your clothes. Or if you're going to clubs or bars where you can smoke inside still. Then your jacket gonna be stank.

Those mini bottles of febreeze type stuff from the convenience stores are a godsend. They cover up the smell without being too obvious about it. I always keep one in my bag.

I have a work dinner tonight, so that'll be an extra 3 or 4 hours until I can have my after work smoke  :cry: :cry:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2508 on: December 15, 2016, 02:40:58 PM »

If it makes you feel better, it wasn't particularly good oolong tea

I was thinking that I had some good Oolong here recently... but then I remembered it was in Shanghai.

As you were.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2509 on: December 15, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
Well, that was surprising.

http://i.imgur.com/s05awRy.gifv

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2510 on: December 15, 2016, 02:59:54 PM »
Once a dinosaur, always a dinosaur.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2511 on: December 15, 2016, 03:07:37 PM »

I like to slather on Tiger Balm before work to disguise the fact that I don't actually smoke: need to keep up the appearance of coolness with the kiddies! Bonus: the burning numbness keeps my mind off the text-book drivel I'm obliged to teach!  :azn:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2512 on: December 15, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

👅

omg pls

im dyin

I have had to tell more than one of my swing dance friends that NO, you CANNOT call yourself a "swinger" and we do not go to the "swing bar" and you should definitely not ask someone "Do you swing?"

:cry: :huh:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2513 on: December 15, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »

Which, naturally, should be followed by this.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2514 on: December 15, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »

Which, naturally, should be followed by this.

these both are horrifying

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2515 on: December 15, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

👅

omg pls

im dyin

I have had to tell more than one of my swing dance friends that NO, you CANNOT call yourself a "swinger" and we do not go to the "swing bar" and you should definitely not ask someone "Do you swing?"

And then there's the inevitable Korean, "OMG, you have such a dirty mind. Only you would think that." Even though, 90% of North Americans would take it that way. Nope. You're dirty.

It's like drugs. "OMG, why do you know so much about drugs???"

Uhhhh, sorry that I know that heroine gets shot up your arm and coke goes up your nose? This is shit you know when you're 12.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2516 on: December 15, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »

Offline sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2517 on: December 16, 2016, 05:37:12 AM »

It was tasty

But also a bit strange

👅

omg pls

im dyin

And then there's the inevitable Korean, "OMG, you have such a dirty mind. Only you would think that." Even though, 90% of North Americans would take it that way. Nope. You're dirty.

Uhhhh, sorry that I know that heroine gets shot up your arm and coke goes up your nose? This is shit you know when you're 12.

Actually, both drugs can be injected, smoked or snorted.  In the books, Sherlock Holmes injected himself with a 7% cocaine solution for relaxation.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2518 on: December 16, 2016, 07:43:28 AM »
#themoreyouknow

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2519 on: December 16, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »

Actually, both drugs can be injected, smoked or snorted.  In the books, Sherlock Holmes injected himself with a 7% cocaine solution for relaxation.

Yeah, but you don't learn that until you're 16.  ;D

Anyway, yeah, you can snort heroine but Mia Wallace taught us a valuable lesson.