November 19, 2017, 01:45:49 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 401997 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2460 on: December 14, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »
I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about Korea when I leave. One of them is waygook. Am I the absolute lamest, or what??

You know that immigration doesn't delete your account when you leave, right?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2461 on: December 14, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »
I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about Korea when I leave. One of them is waygook. Am I the absolute lamest, or what??

Yeah but even if I hung out on here even back in the States like the lame-o I am, I'd be 13 hours behind  :cry:

New poll: Should moonbrie continue to post on waygook.org after leaving the country

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2462 on: December 14, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »

Yeah but even if I hung out on here even back in the States like the lame-o I am, I'd be 13 hours behind  :cry:

New poll: Should moonbrie continue to post on waygook.org after leaving the country

I think it's a gouda idea after having saved up some cheddar, just don't feel too bleu.

Maybe you can build a roque fort in the Garden of Edam. 

Have arty ideas in the future?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2463 on: December 14, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

I think it's a gouda idea after having saved up some cheddar, just don't feel too bleu.

Maybe you can build a roque fort in the Garden of Edam. 

Have arty ideas in the future?

that was some real quality cheese punnage

I'll probably be an office admin when I go back, if I get lucky. If I get unlucky I'll be a delivery driver or a barista lol

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2464 on: December 15, 2016, 07:42:40 AM »
Computer at startup requires the Korean password. Thankfully the keyboard works in Korean for that one thing.

All the ferries got canceled yesterday and today so the students who left on a field trip earlier this week get an extended vacation. Lol

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2465 on: December 15, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »
*walking up to the school today when I see one of my 6th graders hanging out the window*
6th grader: Hey Kristy! Do you like snow?
Me: No, not really
6th grader: THEN I KILL ALL SNOW FOR YOU! *takes out a spray bottle and viciously sprays the snow* The water is hot! The snow will die! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH
Me: ...thank you?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2466 on: December 15, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
*walking up to the school today when I see one of my 6th graders hanging out the window*
6th grader: THEN I KILL ALL SNOW FOR YOU! *takes out a spray bottle and viciously sprays the snow* The water is hot! The snow will die! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Reminds me of that Frosty the Snowman special where they developed an aerosol to instantly evaporate snow.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2467 on: December 15, 2016, 08:35:12 AM »

I like that kid. Snow is literally garbage water.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2468 on: December 15, 2016, 08:37:37 AM »
I went to the doctor again and he decided to put me on different gastritis medications, and when I insisted that it's not a stomach problem he said well next time he'll order me a CT scan and bloodwork, but he really doubts I have any neurological problems because I am young, and I'm not anemic so it can't be that, and I'm not pregnant so it can't be that... why is it that just because he's an internal medicine doctor that means it has to be gastritis, even though I have no symptoms except nausea (which maybe I should have been calling dizziness, but I don't feel like I'm losing my balance, which is what dizziness means to me)

So now I'm taking 5 days of gastritis medication just to say I did so I can go back on Monday

Like, it's good to have things ruled out, but I'm kind of tired of being told what it's not. I want to be told what it is

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2469 on: December 15, 2016, 08:46:28 AM »

I like that kid. Snow is literally garbage water.

I wish him luck but I feel like it's gunna be an endless battle. Although the snow has slowed down here since he started doing that... Maybe he just needs an army of kids with hot water  spray bottles...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2470 on: December 15, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »
IT'S SNOWING.

I have seen the first snow! (where I am, at least)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2471 on: December 15, 2016, 08:59:32 AM »
I miss snow so much. We've only gotten flurries that won't stick in my area.

It needs to avalanche right now. I have ****ing awesome snow boots that I've been waiting all year to wear.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2472 on: December 15, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »

That's actually really adorable lol also I hate snow, so that's another plus for that kid.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2473 on: December 15, 2016, 09:01:17 AM »
IT'S SNOWING.

I have seen the first snow! (where I am, at least)
It wasn't the first snow for us, but when it started yesterday, a few students ran in to my class and started telling me very excitedly that it was snowing. I went to the window to see (because unlike #based and kriztee, I love it when it snows) and I didn't see anything. Another boy joined in and tried telling me that it was very little. He seemed very happy that I liked the snow and then started asking me questions and he never really talks much. It was nice, haha.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2474 on: December 15, 2016, 09:04:58 AM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

In North America the meat in McDonalds and Burger King is way fresher and the burgers are usually 100% beef from the said country. Here they use Australian beef usually so it is frozen and shipped here so there is a frozen/old taste to the burgers here.

Some steaks and roasts here are also just glued meat especially at buffets. I got sick from eating glued meat from a supermarket here.

I had never heard of glued meat until this post. Googled it. Wow.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2475 on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:34 AM »
I went to the doctor again and he decided to put me on different gastritis medications, and when I insisted that it's not a stomach problem he said well next time he'll order me a CT scan and bloodwork, but he really doubts I have any neurological problems because I am young, and I'm not anemic so it can't be that, and I'm not pregnant so it can't be that... why is it that just because he's an internal medicine doctor that means it has to be gastritis, even though I have no symptoms except nausea (which maybe I should have been calling dizziness, but I don't feel like I'm losing my balance, which is what dizziness means to me)

So now I'm taking 5 days of gastritis medication just to say I did so I can go back on Monday

Like, it's good to have things ruled out, but I'm kind of tired of being told what it's not. I want to be told what it is

I'm going to preface this with "I'm not judging you" because it's hard to get tone over text; I'm really just curious, but is there a reason you keep going back to the internal doctor? I assume you went to a 내과? They mostly deal with your lungs, stomach, intestines, and such, and granted if it's not an issue with any of those they would (should) refer you to another clinic or something, but I'm wondering why you keep returning to the doctor that you feel is no help.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2476 on: December 15, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

In North America the meat in McDonalds and Burger King is way fresher and the burgers are usually 100% beef from the said country. Here they use Australian beef usually so it is frozen and shipped here so there is a frozen/old taste to the burgers here.

Some steaks and roasts here are also just glued meat especially at buffets. I got sick from eating glued meat from a supermarket here.

I had never heard of glued meat until this post. Googled it. Wow.

Yeah, explains a few things. xD

At least I know now that the difference in taste isn't just in my own head.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2477 on: December 15, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »

I'm going to preface this with "I'm not judging you" because it's hard to get tone over text; I'm really just curious, but is there a reason you keep going back to the internal doctor? I assume you went to a 내과? They mostly deal with your lungs, stomach, intestines, and such, and granted if it's not an issue with any of those they would (should) refer you to another clinic or something, but I'm wondering why you keep returning to the doctor that you feel is no help.

It's not a clinic negwa, it's at the hospital. I went to the bigger hospital because I knew if I saw the clinic negwa in my building he wouldn't have anything useful, but the at the real hospital they just sent me to see a hospital negwa instead of a clinic negwa. (Man writing that out not in hangul is weird but I'm lazy)

This particular hospital is the most convenient to my house/work too so...

I mean, he told me the last time that if I was still feeling sick he'd refer me to a neurologist. So I went back expecting to be referred to a neurologist, but then he didn't. sigh

I'll go back there one last time next week, and if he still insists on treating me for nonexistent gastritis instead of ordering some tests or whatever I'll go to a different hospital.

I almost feel like I'm being a little hysterical because I haven't been quite as bad recently, but that's mostly because I've been making a big effort to avoid anything that could possibly trigger this mystery nausea/dizziness, and it would be much better to live my life without that

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2478 on: December 15, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »
The toilet seat heating is on these days. Kinda pleasant

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2479 on: December 15, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
The toilet seat heating is on these days. Kinda pleasant

Am I the only one who doesn't like heated seats? They give me flashbacks to highschool when you'd come into class and sit in the arse warmth of the sweaty kid before you.