September 25, 2017, 06:52:57 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356576 times)

Offline Dorwell

• Explorer
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2460 on: December 13, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
I used to have a Mcbreakfast every Friday morning, as a reward for getting through a week. I wake up relatively early, and had no problem in ordering it. But recently, they've had the "order later" thing come up. I presume it's because they have no drivers at the time?!

It's been months like this, even on a Saturday morning, the delivery service doesn't start till like 9.

Other times, it's taken hours to come. Surely, it can't be difficult to find delivery drivers?!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2461 on: December 13, 2016, 04:03:25 PM »
I'm actually really fond of the shrimp burgers. First had one at a McDonald's in Japan. Glad they're in Korea too. Been many a moon since I've been to a McD's though. I feel like I see more Burger Kings around than Mcdonald's where I go.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2462 on: December 13, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »
So, a few mornings this past week my officemates have come in to find piles of almonds in their computer cabinets in their desks. They think it's rats, but where are all of these almonds coming from and why are rats supposedly hoarding handfuls of them by the computers? Weird...at least thanks to whoever's doing it, the office is getting a few deep cleanings for once. I hope this mystery rat is caught before I leave in Feb.
So, for all of you who think that their school offices are disgraceful nests of filth, you know what to do! ;D

What a waste of almonds! Use a different nut!

Paging Pecan. Paging Pecan.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2463 on: December 13, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
Just ordered a 24 pack of sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper from Gmarket.

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Ew. Unless it was Diet Dr. Pepper. Then... a little bit less ew. Maybe.

If sugar is literally poison, then what of aspartame?

Aspartame is literally poison, too. But! It's obviously the lesser of two evils. Love me some Diet Coke.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2464 on: December 13, 2016, 04:42:34 PM »

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Aspartame is literally poison, too. But! It's obviously the lesser of two evils. Love me some Diet Coke.

I'm actually with you on sugar. But artificial sweeteners?

They're basically harmless.

'The Evidence Supports Artificial Sweeteners Over Sugar'
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

The available evidence points to the fact that there appears to be a correlation between sugar consumption and health problems; none can be detected with artificial sweeteners.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2465 on: December 13, 2016, 05:18:11 PM »
Personally I just don't like the taste of aspartame. There's an odd aftertaste I can never quite get over.

Coworker points to the giant 3D snowflake I made for practice and asked if I am stressed. Lol just practicing

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2466 on: December 13, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

The available evidence points to the fact that there appears to be a correlation between sugar consumption and health problems; none can be detected with artificial sweeteners.

I know, donovan, but Waygook.org user yirj17 really wanted me to say it was poison.

Aspartame is awesome because I can drink a sweet thing without eating sugar.

But yeah, it does taste funky. And it does not mix well with booze. Like, such a gnarly taste.

But otherwise, basically less poisonous than sugar in every way.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2467 on: December 13, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
I thought they had found that artificial sweetners had the same effect in regards to insulin production as sugar.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2468 on: December 13, 2016, 06:01:21 PM »

I know, donovan, but Waygook.org user yirj17 really wanted me to say it was poison.

Aspartame is awesome because I can drink a sweet thing without eating sugar.

But yeah, it does taste funky. And it does not mix well with booze. Like, such a gnarly taste.

But otherwise, basically less poisonous than sugar in every way.

Maybe not literally, but basically yeah   :laugh:

It honestly does taste artificial though. Makes me want to ingest real sugar pronto to compensate.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2469 on: December 13, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2470 on: December 13, 2016, 09:21:34 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

In North America the meat in McDonalds and Burger King is way fresher and the burgers are usually 100% beef from the said country. Here they use Australian beef usually so it is frozen and shipped here so there is a frozen/old taste to the burgers here.

Some steaks and roasts here are also just glued meat especially at buffets. I got sick from eating glued meat from a supermarket here.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2471 on: December 14, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »
Planning a Christmas lesson and trying to decide on a video to show them. Thinking of "What's This?" from Nightmare Before Christmas (can't find any Korean subtitles but I don't think it's that big a deal, it's pretty fast paced anyway and very visual) along with a video of a light show.

So, Frozen vs Star Wars? I think Frozen might go well for elementary but I like the different camera shots in the Star Wars one, so maybe that one for middle?

Offline schnieppster

• Adventurer
« Reply #2472 on: December 14, 2016, 12:18:06 PM »
Planning a Christmas lesson and trying to decide on a video to show them. Thinking of "What's This?" from Nightmare Before Christmas (can't find any Korean subtitles but I don't think it's that big a deal, it's pretty fast paced anyway and very visual) along with a video of a light show.

So, Frozen vs Star Wars? I think Frozen might go well for elementary but I like the different camera shots in the Star Wars one, so maybe that one for middle?

No lies, I'm rabidly excited about Christmas, but I hope to never live next to people like this.

I vote Star Wars. 

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2473 on: December 14, 2016, 12:22:28 PM »
There is a Star Wars/Up Town Funk making the rounds as well.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2474 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:32 PM »

I agree, Frozen would be better for elementary and Star Wars for middle just because elementary kids will love the song while middle school kids would probably be more impressed with the better light timing of Star Wars.

I also showed the original with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra to my kids last year, went over very well.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2475 on: December 14, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
I watched a kid carefully and systematically scribble out a girl's face in his textbook before finally moving on to complete the writing activity for today. I'm actually a little disturbed by the boy's very thorough and intense attention to detail in this endeavor, but I'm sure the textbook girl had it coming.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2476 on: December 14, 2016, 01:41:27 PM »
Principal just appeared beside me and wordlessly placed a red bean donut and tangerine in my hand

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2477 on: December 14, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »
Principal just appeared beside me and wordlessly placed a red bean donut and tangerine in my hand

Better than him placing a red bean donut and tangerine in your hand and talking to you.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2478 on: December 14, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »

Better than him placing a red bean donut and tangerine in your hand and talking to you.

lmao my principal is like a sweetheart fairy godmother I wouldn't mind if she talked to me

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2479 on: December 14, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »
boss just tried to give me a red bean donut too

sorry, you were beaten! haha

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment