September 27, 2017, 03:24:35 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 357728 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2400 on: December 09, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »
I don't, but yeah, the heteronormativity is strong when I can reference "swinging that way" and people think I might have a dick because I mention lube  :rolleyes:

I could swear you flat out used the word 'lesbian' at some point as well, but  :rolleyes:

Wasn't there also mention of the new principal tousling your hair or giving advice on how to best wash it lol?? Seems less likely a thing to do if moonbrie were male, though that's just what I'd guess  :laugh: I imagine if moonbrie were male then the innocent gestures from a female principal could seem more, ah, scandalous?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2401 on: December 09, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »
I like using Sensodyne toothpaste (but not as lube before CO2 jumps in) but they use Baek Jong Won to advertise it, so I have to pull off the sticker with his face on it and leave it on the shelf in the shop.  I just can't stand to see his face, especially in my house.  Before him, they had that horrible material girl from 'Tasty Road' advertising it.  It's almost a good enough reason to not use it.  Maybe I should write a complaint letter to Sensodyne.

You may have headed him off on the lube front, but you provoked him in another way.

I thought for sure I knew who you were talking about but nope. Who's the guy with the horse mouth and glasses who I see on laundry detergent and stuff? That's a face I can't stand to see.

Yoo Jae-suk? I like that guy... :sad:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2402 on: December 09, 2016, 03:16:17 PM »
I don't, but yeah, the heteronormativity is strong when I can reference "swinging that way" and people think I might have a dick because I mention lube  :rolleyes:

I could swear you flat out used the word 'lesbian' at some point as well, but  :rolleyes:

Wasn't there also mention of the new principal tousling your hair or giving advice on how to best wash it lol?? Seems less likely a thing to do if moonbrie were male, though that's just what I'd guess  :laugh: I imagine if moonbrie were male then the innocent gestures from a female principal could seem more, ah, scandalous?

shhh let me revel in being mysterious

maybe I'm just a man with long luxurious locks who doesn't know how to take care of it (men, amirite???)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2403 on: December 09, 2016, 03:19:09 PM »
I have this friend and a lot of people think she and I are dating. Her coworkers all think we're dating and a couple of my friends always ask "So how are things going with X?" as if we're an item. It's understandable, given that we both swing that way, and given that she spends almost every weekend at my place, but our relationship is platonic (albeit very close). Her mom has hassled her about whether or not we're dating and she's just told her "Kind of"

Well, this weekend I found out that her grandma thinks we're more than just "kind of" dating. This based on: Every time I go to visit her at her grandparents' house, her grandma makes her vacuum the whole apartment, clean her room, and even judges the outfit she decides to wear. I am also apparently not allowed to sleep over at her house (there's no room for me to sleep over, so I've never tried), and this weekend before she met up with me she was on the phone with her grandpa and he asked if she "needed anything" = lube.

WELL  :laugh:

What threw me off most about this was not that you might be a lesbian, but that you're in Korea working at a school (correct?) and you have (Korean?) co-workers who are not only aware of your sexual orientation but are supportive and encouraging of it. Not that they shouldn't be; it's just very hard for me to imagine.  And on top of that, her whole (Korean?) family, grandparents on down, are also aware of both of your sexual orientations and are so encouraging of the relationship that the grandfather hinted that he was willing to buy sexual lubricant for the two of you (for you to use it during intercourse at their home, but not hers?)? That just sounds way beyond any level of acceptance I would expect from even the most open-minded halabeoji.

Anyway, I'm glad the family, friends, and coworkers are so supportive; too bad you're not actually dating!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2404 on: December 09, 2016, 03:26:34 PM »
I have this friend and a lot of people think she and I are dating. Her coworkers all think we're dating and a couple of my friends always ask "So how are things going with X?" as if we're an item. It's understandable, given that we both swing that way, and given that she spends almost every weekend at my place, but our relationship is platonic (albeit very close). Her mom has hassled her about whether or not we're dating and she's just told her "Kind of"

Well, this weekend I found out that her grandma thinks we're more than just "kind of" dating. This based on: Every time I go to visit her at her grandparents' house, her grandma makes her vacuum the whole apartment, clean her room, and even judges the outfit she decides to wear. I am also apparently not allowed to sleep over at her house (there's no room for me to sleep over, so I've never tried), and this weekend before she met up with me she was on the phone with her grandpa and he asked if she "needed anything" = lube.

What threw me off most about this was not that you might be a lesbian, but that you're in Korea working at a school (correct?) and you have (Korean?) co-workers who are not only aware of your sexual orientation but are supportive and encouraging of it. Not that they shouldn't be; it's just very hard for me to imagine.  And on top of that, her whole (Korean?) family, grandparents on down, are also aware of both of your sexual orientations and are so encouraging of the relationship that the grandfather hinted that he was willing to buy sexual lubricant for the two of you (for you to use it during intercourse at their home, but not hers?)? That just sounds way beyond any level of acceptance I would expect from even the most open-minded halabeoji.

Anyway, I'm glad the family, friends, and coworkers are so supportive; too bad you're not actually dating!

that was what made it even funnier! haha

actually, my coworkers don't know anything about my sexuality. my friend's coworkers only know about her sexuality because one of them saw her when we were out at a big queer event in Busan. Koreans can't keep secrets, so the whole office basically knows now, and thankfully they weren't weird about it - they just tease her about "dating" me a lot.

in Korea, her only family is her grandparents. her family situation is actually rather complicated, but we can leave it as: she has relatives in Korea, but her grandparents are the only ones she is in contact with (she lives with them, as Koreans do).

I'm not allowed to stay over at their house because even though they "know" we're "dating" the idea of us having sex there is too much for them.

PHEW

I would've dated her, if she wanted to when we first met. But she didn't, so we aren't, and now it would just be foolish because I'm going back to the US at the end of the school year. It'll already be hard enough since we're best friends - no need to add another layer of grief lmao

EDIT: I realize this was confusing because I used both the words "mom" and "grandma". they are the same person. I don't know why she calls her grandma her mom, maybe it's something her grandma insists on, maybe it's because she's estranged from the rest of her family - I don't know. It took me a good month or two of knowing her to figure out why she had two different "moms"

one mystery solved  :blank:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:30:59 PM by moonbrie »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2405 on: December 09, 2016, 03:31:12 PM »
actually, my coworkers don't know anything about my sexuality. my friend's coworkers only know about her sexuality because one of them saw her when we were out at a big queer event in Busan. Koreans can't keep secrets, so the whole office basically knows now, and thankfully they weren't weird about it - they just tease her about "dating" me a lot.

in Korea, her only family is her grandparents. her family situation is actually rather complicated, but we can leave it as: she has relatives in Korea, but her grandparents are the only ones she is in contact with (she lives with them, as Koreans do).

I'm not allowed to stay over at their house because even though they "know" we're "dating" the idea of us having sex there is too much for them.

PHEW

I would've dated her, if she wanted to when we first met. But she didn't, so we aren't, and now it would just be foolish because I'm going back to the US at the end of the school year. It'll already be hard enough since we're best friends - no need to add another layer of grief lmao

Sounds like you might be breaking the grandparents' hearts when you leave :sad:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2406 on: December 09, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »

Never talk to me again.  Don't reply to any of my posts.  Do not include my posts in any of your replies to anyone ever.  Don't even think about me.  Not like that, anyway.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2407 on: December 09, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »

Also...I'm a bit late but how does needing anything = lube?

For example when I ask one middle aged co worker if there is anything he needs from the teachers room I am not asking if he wants me to bring back a nice big tube of Ky Jelly.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2408 on: December 09, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
sidenote: when I went over to cook thanksgiving food for her, her grandparents were discussing her future marriage (in vague terms) with her grandpa's friends (did I mention that they were slicing sushi on the living room floor? that was a good time), along with complimenting the food we made and talking about how she would make such a good wife

after she told me that her grandma thinks we are DEFINITELY dating I was like... who do they think you're gonna marry??? because they sure weren't talking about me

the fact that they think we're sexually involved sure does explain why they always knock when we're secretly smoking cigarettes in her room though lmfao

or why they don't bother us when we watch TV in there with the volume up too high

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2409 on: December 09, 2016, 03:40:49 PM »

And on top of that, her whole (Korean?) family, grandparents on down, are also aware of both of your sexual orientations and are so encouraging of the relationship that the grandfather hinted that he was willing to buy sexual lubricant for the two of you (for you to use it during intercourse at their home, but not hers?)? That just sounds way beyond any level of acceptance I would expect from even the most open-minded halabeoji.

Also...I'm a bit late but how does needing anything = lube?

For example when I ask one middle aged co worker if there is anything he needs from the teachers room I am not asking if he wants me to bring back a nice big tube of Ky Jelly.

Well, my Korean isn't fluent and I wasn't the one on the phone with him. My friend did make some very interesting faces during that conversation though.

It could have conceivably gone like this:

"so why are you in Seomyeon tonight again?"
"I'm going to a meetup with Moonbrie"
"Is it one of those gay meetups again?"
"uh.."
"Do you need anything?"
"What do you mean do I need anything??"
"You know...lube"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2410 on: December 09, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »
I like using Sensodyne toothpaste (but not as lube before CO2 jumps in) but they use Baek Jong Won to advertise it, so I have to pull off the sticker with his face on it and leave it on the shelf in the shop.  I just can't stand to see his face, especially in my house.  Before him, they had that horrible material girl from 'Tasty Road' advertising it.  It's almost a good enough reason to not use it.  Maybe I should write a complaint letter to Sensodyne.

I thought for sure I knew who you were talking about but nope. Who's the guy with the horse mouth and glasses who I see on laundry detergent and stuff? That's a face I can't stand to see.

유재석?

And the first guy. Mr. Baek.
백종원

I definitely find one of these people much a much more nauseating human than the other. And it's not Mr. Yu.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:43:43 PM by #basedcowboyshirt »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2411 on: December 09, 2016, 03:57:54 PM »

Haha what did my initial post start?  :laugh:

Just to clarify though, I don't equate lube to only dicks, it was the fact that in your anecdote, an elderly Korean man was making jokes about his grandaughter having lesbian sex.  For a minute I thought that would never happen in conservative Korea  :wink:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2412 on: December 09, 2016, 03:59:37 PM »

Never talk to me again.  Don't reply to any of my posts.  Do not include my posts in any of your replies to anyone ever.  Don't even think about me.  Not like that, anyway.

He ain't so bad. He's definitely better than most other comedians here. They all to fall into one of two categories: jerk or buffoon. I can't say how funny he is, but at least Yoo Jae-suk seems genuine.

YoungMin

« Reply #2413 on: December 09, 2016, 04:01:30 PM »
Go to Dominos.co.kr

That mother ****** video that blasts my ear drums into oblivion with 2 men talking with pizza hanging out their mouths was good enough reason for me not to order a pizza last weekend.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2414 on: December 09, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »

Haha what did my initial post start?  :laugh:

Just to clarify though, I don't equate lube to only dicks, it was the fact that in your anecdote, an elderly Korean man was making jokes about his grandaughter having lesbian sex.  For a minute I thought that would never happen in conservative Korea  :wink:

that's why it was a funny story! because I didn't think such a thing could happen either. until that conversation I literally just thought her grandparents suspected something but weren't saying something outwardly about it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry for calling you heteronormative, if you took offense  :P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:12:11 PM by moonbrie »

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2415 on: December 09, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »

that was what made it even funnier! haha

PHEW

EDIT: I realize this was confusing because I used both the words "mom" and "grandma". they are the same person. I don't know why she calls her grandma her mom, maybe it's something her grandma insists on, maybe it's because she's estranged from the rest of her family - I don't know. It took me a good month or two of knowing her to figure out why she had two different "moms"

one mystery solved  :blank:

Don't rule out "one for the road".

👅

Offline beautia

• Waygookin
« Reply #2416 on: December 09, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »
I just realized that if I make a new folder on my school computer and don't immediately give it a name, the computer assigns it a random bird name like duck, eagle, pigeon (in Korean). Is this because "New Folder" is also "bird folder" in Korean? (새 = bird & new) Is everyone's computer like this? 

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2417 on: December 09, 2016, 05:07:53 PM »

👅

Is... is that a tongue?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2418 on: December 09, 2016, 05:13:01 PM »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2419 on: December 09, 2016, 05:27:30 PM »

👅

Is... is that a tongue?

Yup.

ㅋㅋㅋ takes on a whole new new meaning here.  But we're left to wonder....intentional?

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment