September 25, 2017, 07:01:19 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356584 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2340 on: December 08, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/v/GcMLHMteXGg

looking up jitterbug videos and DAMN

(skip to around 1:40 to see something really impressive)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:44:54 PM by moonbrie »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2341 on: December 08, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
*sigh* No classes this morning, but it's the third grade class which I love because not only are the kids so cute and awesome but the co-teacher is so supportive and actually knows what he's doing. We actually co-teach instead of one person sitting back the whole time and his English skills are impressive, especially for someone who has only been abroad for two months.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2342 on: December 08, 2016, 11:26:43 AM »
I got some new earrings but the two piercings that I did myself (oh so long ago) are smaller than my new (standard size?) piercings that they do with the hollow needle. So now it seems my new earrings are literally stretching my old piercings and my ear feels a wee bit tender. Ah the regrets of youthful impulses.

Piercing your own ears is pretty badass, Waygook.org user yirj17.

Somewhat related: I bought a pair of earrings for my significant other last time I was in my home country. They never get worn. Oops.

Noted: Jewelry, clothing, etc. are too personal to be given as gifts.
But if it's for your SO then isn't that the time to be giving personal items?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2343 on: December 08, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »
I thought Moonbrie was a girl for a really long time.  I only just realised he's a guy.

Pointless ramble  :wink:

YoungMin

« Reply #2344 on: December 08, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
I thought Moonbrie was a girl for a really long time.  I only just realised he's a guy.

I'm 50% sure Moonbrie is still a woman. I was 100% sure until I read that lube post the other day.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2345 on: December 08, 2016, 11:52:24 AM »

I'm 50% sure Moonbrie is still a woman. I was 100% sure until I read that lube post the other day.

You guys, toys also require lube. xD

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2346 on: December 08, 2016, 11:58:39 AM »

Coconut oil for toys.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2347 on: December 08, 2016, 12:02:08 PM »

Coconut oil for toys.

Ofc, you've gotta get it into your body somehow.

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #2348 on: December 08, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »
I got some new earrings but the two piercings that I did myself (oh so long ago) are smaller than my new (standard size?) piercings that they do with the hollow needle. So now it seems my new earrings are literally stretching my old piercings and my ear feels a wee bit tender. Ah the regrets of youthful impulses.

Somewhat related: I bought a pair of earrings for my significant other last time I was in my home country. They never get worn. Oops.

Jewelry is not too personal to be given as gifts.  It's just that certain styles and colours are often preferred over others, which is probably why your gift was never worn.  For example, my SO prefers white gold because she says yellow gold makes her look old.  She also prefers big dangly hoops and other shapes as opposed to studs.  I have bought earrings and necklaces.  Only one of my gifts has never been worn and I realized why after..... It was yellow gold.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2349 on: December 08, 2016, 12:10:21 PM »
The back-up camera on my car is awesome!  ;D

It allows me to back in to places that are so tight, I can't open the door to get out!  :undecided:

I'm always the one having to demonstrate my acrobatic-prowess just to get out of the car because people I ride with always seem to forget that things like bushes, trees and walls can get in the way.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2350 on: December 08, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »

Coconut oil for toys.

Yeah the lube post really threw a curveball.  I thought surely an elderly Korean man wouldn't even conceive of his grandaughter having sex with a girl, let alone offering tips for comfort.  But I'm wrong aren't I?  :laugh:

YoungMin

« Reply #2351 on: December 08, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »

Coconut oil for toys.

Yeah the lube post really threw a curveball.  I thought surely an elderly Korean man wouldn't even conceive of his grandaughter having sex with a girl, let alone offering tips for comfort.  But I'm wrong aren't I?  :laugh:

Back up to 75% woman now. This is fascinating. Aformentioned user has to be woman based on previous posts. I could be wrong though, I'm starting to doubt myself now...Moonbrie is a woman. Final answer.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:32:03 PM by AgentMichaelScarn »

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2352 on: December 08, 2016, 12:30:01 PM »

Coconut oil for toys.

Back up to 75% woman now. This is fascinating. It has to be woman based on previous posts. I could be wrong though, I'm starting to doubt myself now.

Okay, but never appropriate to refer to a person as "it".

YoungMin

« Reply #2353 on: December 08, 2016, 12:32:20 PM »

Coconut oil for toys.

Back up to 75% woman now. This is fascinating. It has to be woman based on previous posts. I could be wrong though, I'm starting to doubt myself now.

Okay, but never appropriate to refer to a person as "it".

Haha. Whoops. Fixed it.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2354 on: December 08, 2016, 12:48:27 PM »
I need a lesson on how to embed videos. I've tried to embed that swing dance vid 3 times now and still failure

I love it when people can't tell if I'm a man or woman online  :evil: if only I could reach that amount of androgeny in my real life

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2355 on: December 08, 2016, 12:53:08 PM »
I need a lesson on how to embed videos. I've tried to embed that swing dance vid 3 times now and still failure

I love it when people can't tell if I'm a man or woman online  :evil: if only I could reach that amount of androgeny in my real life

<---- that's the globe under the italicise function.

put the youtube link in there. delete the s from https:// so it reads http://
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2356 on: December 08, 2016, 12:58:48 PM »

<---- that's the globe under the italicise function.

put the youtube link in there. delete the s from https:// so it reads http://

THANK

looking up jitterbug videos and DAMN

(skip to around 1:40 to see something really impressive)

FINALLY GOT IT

Man I thought I left my n00b days behind me in 7th grade

nope
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:06:24 PM by moonbrie »

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2357 on: December 08, 2016, 01:53:36 PM »

Jewelry is not too personal to be given as gifts.  It's just that certain styles and colours are often preferred over others, which is probably why your gift was never worn.  For example, my SO prefers white gold because she says yellow gold makes her look old.  She also prefers big dangly hoops and other shapes as opposed to studs.  I have bought earrings and necklaces.  Only one of my gifts has never been worn and I realized why after..... It was yellow gold.

I get how that applies to some people. But she just doesn't wear jewelry. Period. I've seen her wear earrings maybe 4 times in the past year. And 3 of those times were the ones I got her.

If people buy me jewelry or clothes it's never something I would wear. So, most clothing gifts get donated or sit at the back of my closet.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2358 on: December 08, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »
This is like the everlasting hot pack.

Also, I am sensing... an almost mutinous feeling in the air. Yesterday two of the younger Korean teachers were asking me questions about my [older] coT. Made me slightly suspicious. One was asking my opinion of her and that my answer would be secret-- specifically asked about "justice and generous"... another was asking how many classes I taught at the main school and if I taught together with my coT... As their English is very limited, I was able to play off that I didn't really understand their questions. Like hell if I am gonna get involved in office politics. I'm content being the blissfully ignorant and neutral foreigner who gets along with everyone (creeper being the lone exception). Then today one of the other older teachers stopped by the English lab to meet seemingly in secret with my coT (who told me: "You can go now").

Dunno, feels like there's factions forming of younger teachers vs older teachers (one of the younger teachers already told me before that he doesn't like one of the older teachers (same one who met with my coT). I wouldn't be surprised if there are some clashes in opinion but I'ma just sit over here and be Switzerland.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2359 on: December 08, 2016, 03:10:06 PM »
We had cream soup at lunch, but the lunch lady first put a big handful of cornflakes in the bowl then the soup on top. I didn't know the sweet breakfast cereal cornflakes could go in soup. It was weird because they got soggy so quickly, so it was like mushy cream soup flavored breakfast cereal. I didn't really like it and I hope they don't do that again. I'd rather keep my soup and cereal separate.

There's another teacher dinner tonight. I didn't mind these at the beginning of the year, but now I'm so over sitting there for hours eating food that is just ok and not understanding what anyone is talking about.   

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment