November 19, 2017, 01:40:09 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 401983 times)

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2340 on: December 08, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
I got some new earrings but the two piercings that I did myself (oh so long ago) are smaller than my new (standard size?) piercings that they do with the hollow needle. So now it seems my new earrings are literally stretching my old piercings and my ear feels a wee bit tender. Ah the regrets of youthful impulses.

Piercing your own ears is pretty badass, Waygook.org user yirj17.

Somewhat related: I bought a pair of earrings for my significant other last time I was in my home country. They never get worn. Oops.

Noted: Jewelry, clothing, etc. are too personal to be given as gifts.
Jewelry is not too personal to be given as gifts.  It's just that certain styles and colours are often preferred over others, which is probably why your gift was never worn.  For example, my SO prefers white gold because she says yellow gold makes her look old.  She also prefers big dangly hoops and other shapes as opposed to studs.  I have bought earrings and necklaces.  Only one of my gifts has never been worn and I realized why after..... It was yellow gold.

I get how that applies to some people. But she just doesn't wear jewelry. Period. I've seen her wear earrings maybe 4 times in the past year. And 3 of those times were the ones I got her.

If people buy me jewelry or clothes it's never something I would wear. So, most clothing gifts get donated or sit at the back of my closet.

Ah okay.  Yeah I guess what I was trying to say was pay attention to their style and preferences and buy something similar to what they like or have.

I'm similar to you in terms of clothes or jewelry.  I never wear jewelry either so anything people have bought me sits in a box somewhere.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2341 on: December 08, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »
so I was doing Leo Fuchigami's Jobs lesson this week with my students

one of them wrote as their dream job

Job: the sound of fart taster
Description: I want to taste delicious fart
Why? : because farts are important

I smell (taste?) a winner here

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2342 on: December 08, 2016, 03:19:01 PM »
so I was doing Leo Fuchigami's Jobs lesson this week with my students

one of them wrote as their dream job

Job: the sound of fart taster
Description: I want to taste delicious fart
Why? : because farts are important

I smell (taste?) a winner here

That kid is gonna have an interesting search history one day (possibly now).

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2343 on: December 08, 2016, 04:13:00 PM »
It's finally happened.

I heard an "Oh my God!!" in English and then all else was in Korean. Eventually figured out that the ferries tomorrow are all canceled until further notice.

This is the first time since I've been here that all the boats have been canceled on a Friday. And with advance warning, at that.  :shocked: :shocked:

I wasn't planning on going out this weekend but everyone else had to renege on Friday night plans. Most of them seem to be in good humor about it and are laughing about it, at least.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2344 on: December 09, 2016, 07:50:24 AM »
Something outside sounds like a turkey but I'm pretty sure it's gotta be a dog...?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2345 on: December 09, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »
I got a new tea from Coupang, and it's a black tea mixed with a little bit of cocoa and chili peppers.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2346 on: December 09, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »
I got a new tea from Coupang, and it's a black tea mixed with a little bit of cocoa and chili peppers.

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish black tea didn't consistently make me nauseous. And I wish I'd never heard of Coupang -- too tempting to blow my money on salt & vinegar chips and brown sugar poptarts. I'm resisting...so far.  :sad:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2347 on: December 09, 2016, 09:27:59 AM »

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish black tea didn't consistently make me nauseous. And I wish I'd never heard of Coupang -- too tempting to blow my money on salt & vinegar chips and brown sugar poptarts. I'm resisting...so far.  :sad:
I went on a huge spree last week and bought 4 new Good Earth teas, raspberry poptarts (first time ever!), some Gorilla Munch cereal and almond milk, jalepeno cheese puffs, and pie crusts for Christmas. I can easily see myself going back for more. >>

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2348 on: December 09, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »

1. that tea sounds awesome
2. HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BUY SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS?? I just had my girlfriend send me some and then nagged friends going home to bring me some back omg I could've been buying them online

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2349 on: December 09, 2016, 09:56:28 AM »
I think tonight is a makgeolli kind of night. It's been a long time.

Happy Friday!!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2350 on: December 09, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »
Sweet potato makgeolli is pretty good.

Also discovered I like KGB. Which is particularly funny to me as I've been watching Archer. Lol

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2351 on: December 09, 2016, 10:06:55 AM »
I've never seen sweet potato makgeolli... I wish I knew where I could buy it I would never drink anything else! haha

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2352 on: December 09, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

2. HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BUY SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS?? I just had my girlfriend send me some and then nagged friends going home to bring me some back omg I could've been buying them online

I suppose she decided to solve the mystery for you all. :) I would kill for salt and vinegar chips. Can anyone tell me if they have BBQ flavored pork rinds (chicharrones) on there?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2353 on: December 09, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
wait what was the mystery?

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2354 on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »
wait what was the mystery?

They were discussing whether or not you were a man or a woman. Something about percentages...

I couldn't find the BBQ pork rinds, btw. :/

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2355 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:46 AM »
I know haha I was very amused by it. I don't see how saying I have a girlfriend reveals my gender though

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2356 on: December 09, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

Yeah I've also been nagging my boyfriend to send some. With the Korean obsession of sugaring EVERYTHING, I know there's absolutely no chance for something like S&V to break into stores. Coupang even has the Kettle brand (among the best kind).

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2357 on: December 09, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
I know haha I was very amused by it. I don't see how saying I have a girlfriend reveals my gender though

thank you

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2358 on: December 09, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »
There wasn't really any mystery to me because when you say (paraphrased), "She's not my girlfriend but I can see why people might think so because we both swing that way," it pretty much tells me you're a woman or, at least, identify as one. xD

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2359 on: December 09, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »
I don't, but yeah, the heteronormativity is strong when I can reference "swinging that way" and people think I might have a dick because I mention lube  :rolleyes: