September 25, 2017, 06:59:43 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356582 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2300 on: December 02, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »
Bump for "Beauty Inside." I enjoyed that movie.

Also liked "Born to Sing."

Oh, yeah. Sorry - I should've just written "Beauty Inside." I don't know why I wrote it in Korean.

Other enjoyable light movies (in no way curated, just thinking off the top of my head)

Save the Last Dance
Can't Hardly Wait
Cruel Intentions
21 Jump Street
200 Cigarettes
Almost Famous
Singles
High Fidelity

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2301 on: December 02, 2016, 05:27:54 PM »
thanks ^^ I'll check if any of those are on one of my streaming subscriptions (hulu and netflix)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2302 on: December 02, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
So there's a nearby school that has only three students and about as many teachers. How is this school still open?? And i thought my school was small  :huh:

And next year they're combining the incoming grade 1s and soon to be grade 2s in my main middle school... to bring the class size up to a grand total of 6. Wondering how curriculum is gonna work out for that.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2303 on: December 02, 2016, 11:24:55 PM »
So there's a nearby school that has only three students and about as many teachers. How is this school still open?? And i thought my school was small  :huh:

And next year they're combining the incoming grade 1s and soon to be grade 2s in my main middle school... to bring the class size up to a grand total of 6. Wondering how curriculum is gonna work out for that.

When I was a kid, my dad was in the airforce.  At one little radar station, my class at the base school was four 4th graders, five 5th graders, and ?? 6th graders (was still in the single digits).  In univeristy, I met one of my 4th grade classmates; she introduced herself with, "You're JNM?  Are you double-jointed at the elbows?" I didn't recognize her right away, but I was a little concerned that I should!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2304 on: December 05, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »
Principal just came in and asked if I was doing well, then stood behind me rubbing my shoulder for nearly a minute while having a conversation with my boss

o k

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2305 on: December 05, 2016, 11:21:30 AM »
Planning to go to a clinic today and see if we can start trying to diagnose my various mysterious health problems. Last night I was so anxious I couldn't sleep because this one doctor (a friend of a friend) said to me, and I quote "There are many possibilities... autoimmune disorder, cancer... if it's not cancer it will probably be hard to diagnose"

The clinic doctor in my apartment building said he doesn't think I have an autoimmune disorder because I responded to antibiotics so I am  b u c k l i n g  u p   for either having to deal with causeless sickness for an undetermined amount of time or cancer

:blank:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2306 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:21 AM »
Planning to go to a clinic today and see if we can start trying to diagnose my various mysterious health problems. Last night I was so anxious I couldn't sleep because this one doctor (a friend of a friend) said to me, and I quote "There are many possibilities... autoimmune disorder, cancer... if it's not cancer it will probably be hard to diagnose"

The clinic doctor in my apartment building said he doesn't think I have an autoimmune disorder because I responded to antibiotics so I am  b u c k l i n g  u p   for either having to deal with causeless sickness for an undetermined amount of time or cancer

I wish you the best, Moonbrie. Hopefully it's nothing more than complications from stress due to your work environment.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2307 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
Principal just came in and asked if I was doing well, then stood behind me rubbing my shoulder for nearly a minute while having a conversation with my boss

o k

Glad nobody at my school is touchy feely. I would be so weirded out by something like that

I actually was plenty weirded out by receiving a hug from two new teachers when meeting them for the first time at the beginning of the school year. I guess they thought it was an American thing.  :undecided:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2308 on: December 05, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »

Oh my gosh, Moonbrie, that must be so frightening to even entertain the idea of cancer... I hope it is nothing serious and to echo donovan that hopefully it's just work-related stress. :sad: Best of luck to you.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2309 on: December 05, 2016, 11:34:48 AM »

Any doctor who offers cancer as a possibility without any real evidence is terrible at their job. Unfortunately there seems to be a few doctors around in Korea like that.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2310 on: December 05, 2016, 11:44:49 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'm just exhausted. I feel nauseous for at least 2 hours a day and I can't always identify the cause. On the one hand, if it was undiagnosable but stopped once I return home, that would be great, but that means I'll have to deal with what feels like constant nausea for 3 more months. I don't know what diagnosis I want, I just want to feel better.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2311 on: December 05, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »
I take it your glasses issue never got solved?  :sad:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #2312 on: December 05, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »
Every year the education office in the province gives the EPIK teachers a cultural trip. I always enjoy it, as well as 2 days off school.  This year the location is....the city where I live!  :laugh: I'm not sure if they will allow me to attend it. I also asked my co-teacher if that meant I could just sleep at home, rather than staying in a hotel room with a random chick and she said I have to stay in the hotel. Whereas I will appreciate the free breaky in the morning, I dont like sharing a room, especially with people who are noisy sleepers lol This is 100% rambling and pointless lol I just want to be with people on my own time :)

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2313 on: December 05, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »
... This is 100% rambling and pointless ...
You came to the right place!

:wink:

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2314 on: December 05, 2016, 01:12:02 PM »
Every year the education office in the province gives the EPIK teachers a cultural trip. I always enjoy it, as well as 2 days off school.  This year the location is....the city where I live!  :laugh: I'm not sure if they will allow me to attend it. I also asked my co-teacher if that meant I could just sleep at home, rather than staying in a hotel room with a random chick and she said I have to stay in the hotel. Whereas I will appreciate the free breaky in the morning, I dont like sharing a room, especially with people who are noisy sleepers lol This is 100% rambling and pointless lol I just want to be with people on my own time :)
You can always just sort of sneak on board in the morning without being signed up for it!
It'll be an interesting story to tell on Wayg, at the very least!  :smiley:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2315 on: December 05, 2016, 01:44:50 PM »

After the incident with my coteacher and the opthamologist, I was pretty discouraged about the whole not-being-taken-seriously by a doctor business. After that I was just making an effort to avoid known triggers (walking down 3+ flights of stairs, bus rides, working at the computer for hours), but it hasn't gotten much better and seems to be getting worse (I'm now getting nauseated from scrolling down on the computer/mobile if it's too fast, or turning to write on the board and then forward at the class too many times in a row).

I asked my boss where I could go to an ENT clinic because it could possibly be an inner ear problem? But she discouraged me from that and thinks I should go to the big hospital and try to see a neurologist. Considering if I should ask to use some sick leave to go to the hospital early today.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2316 on: December 05, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »

you could "stay" at the hotel but "visit" your "friend" for drinks and "fall asleep" and come back in the morning... haha

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2317 on: December 05, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
I feel like you ought to get yourself checked as soon as possible. This has been going on for quite awhile. Hope you find a doctor who can figure out the issue

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2318 on: December 05, 2016, 02:02:53 PM »

After the incident with my coteacher and the opthamologist, I was pretty discouraged about the whole not-being-taken-seriously by a doctor business. After that I was just making an effort to avoid known triggers (walking down 3+ flights of stairs, bus rides, working at the computer for hours), but it hasn't gotten much better and seems to be getting worse (I'm now getting nauseated from scrolling down on the computer/mobile if it's too fast, or turning to write on the board and then forward at the class too many times in a row).

I asked my boss where I could go to an ENT clinic because it could possibly be an inner ear problem? But she discouraged me from that and thinks I should go to the big hospital and try to see a neurologist. Considering if I should ask to use some sick leave to go to the hospital early today.
     Don't let the apparent lack of interest from doctors discourage you!

Last winter my SO was experiencing chronic fatigue, and a fairly bad flu for several weeks and could not get anything beyond some the usual cold medicine and a dismissive "It's a cold." Two months of this and it developed into a minor case of pneumonia. Two months later liver, pancreas, and kidneys shut down. Spent 2 very scary months in the ICU slipping in and out of critical condition.

If something feels wrong, for the love of Jeebus, look for a doctor who will take you seriously!!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2319 on: December 05, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »
Thanks. Part of it is my bad habit as an American from the land of expensive-as-heck healthcare and long waiting time for an appointment. Most of the time when I get sick in America I'm better by the time I could've gotten an appointment by (but I also got sick less often in America...) or I just didn't want to pay 100-200 bucks for "here are some antibiotics" or "take these medications you can get at the pharmacy without a prescription"  :undecided: :cry:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment