January 23, 2018, 11:40:42 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 471095 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2300 on: December 08, 2016, 04:13:00 PM »
It's finally happened.

I heard an "Oh my God!!" in English and then all else was in Korean. Eventually figured out that the ferries tomorrow are all canceled until further notice.

This is the first time since I've been here that all the boats have been canceled on a Friday. And with advance warning, at that.  :shocked: :shocked:

I wasn't planning on going out this weekend but everyone else had to renege on Friday night plans. Most of them seem to be in good humor about it and are laughing about it, at least.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2301 on: December 09, 2016, 07:50:24 AM »
Something outside sounds like a turkey but I'm pretty sure it's gotta be a dog...?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2302 on: December 09, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »
I got a new tea from Coupang, and it's a black tea mixed with a little bit of cocoa and chili peppers.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2303 on: December 09, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »
I got a new tea from Coupang, and it's a black tea mixed with a little bit of cocoa and chili peppers.

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish black tea didn't consistently make me nauseous. And I wish I'd never heard of Coupang -- too tempting to blow my money on salt & vinegar chips and brown sugar poptarts. I'm resisting...so far.  :sad:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2304 on: December 09, 2016, 09:27:59 AM »

Ooh that sounds nice, I wish black tea didn't consistently make me nauseous. And I wish I'd never heard of Coupang -- too tempting to blow my money on salt & vinegar chips and brown sugar poptarts. I'm resisting...so far.  :sad:
I went on a huge spree last week and bought 4 new Good Earth teas, raspberry poptarts (first time ever!), some Gorilla Munch cereal and almond milk, jalepeno cheese puffs, and pie crusts for Christmas. I can easily see myself going back for more. >>

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2305 on: December 09, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »

1. that tea sounds awesome
2. HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BUY SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS?? I just had my girlfriend send me some and then nagged friends going home to bring me some back omg I could've been buying them online

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2306 on: December 09, 2016, 09:56:28 AM »
I think tonight is a makgeolli kind of night. It's been a long time.

Happy Friday!!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2307 on: December 09, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »
Sweet potato makgeolli is pretty good.

Also discovered I like KGB. Which is particularly funny to me as I've been watching Archer. Lol

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2308 on: December 09, 2016, 10:06:55 AM »
I've never seen sweet potato makgeolli... I wish I knew where I could buy it I would never drink anything else! haha

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2309 on: December 09, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

2. HOLY SHIT YOU CAN BUY SALT AND VINEGAR CHIPS?? I just had my girlfriend send me some and then nagged friends going home to bring me some back omg I could've been buying them online

I suppose she decided to solve the mystery for you all. :) I would kill for salt and vinegar chips. Can anyone tell me if they have BBQ flavored pork rinds (chicharrones) on there?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2310 on: December 09, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
wait what was the mystery?

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2311 on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »
wait what was the mystery?

They were discussing whether or not you were a man or a woman. Something about percentages...

I couldn't find the BBQ pork rinds, btw. :/

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2312 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:46 AM »
I know haha I was very amused by it. I don't see how saying I have a girlfriend reveals my gender though

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2313 on: December 09, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

Yeah I've also been nagging my boyfriend to send some. With the Korean obsession of sugaring EVERYTHING, I know there's absolutely no chance for something like S&V to break into stores. Coupang even has the Kettle brand (among the best kind).

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2314 on: December 09, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
I know haha I was very amused by it. I don't see how saying I have a girlfriend reveals my gender though

thank you

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2315 on: December 09, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »
There wasn't really any mystery to me because when you say (paraphrased), "She's not my girlfriend but I can see why people might think so because we both swing that way," it pretty much tells me you're a woman or, at least, identify as one. xD

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2316 on: December 09, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »
I don't, but yeah, the heteronormativity is strong when I can reference "swinging that way" and people think I might have a dick because I mention lube  :rolleyes:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2317 on: December 09, 2016, 11:44:27 AM »
also has waygook stopped censoring profanity? today I wrote two posts one of which had shit and just now one with dick and neither have been censored

edit: wow!! looks like it is gone!! I kind of miss it though, kind of reminded me of when my brother would get belligerent and I would slap my hand over his mouth to stop him from upsetting my dad

let's test some more....

cock
damn
ass
 :evil: :evil: :evil:

on second thought, is **** the only one that was ever blocked?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:47:46 AM by moonbrie »

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2318 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »
**** and **** I think!

Edit: Y'all know what they are...

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2319 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
also has waygook stopped censoring profanity? today I wrote two posts one of which had shit and just now one with dick and neither have been censored

edit: wow!! looks like it is gone!! I kind of miss it though, kind of reminded me of when my brother would get belligerent and I would slap my hand over his mouth to stop him from upsetting my dad

let's test some more....

cock
damn
ass
 :evil: :evil: :evil:

on second thought, is **** the only one that was ever blocked?

No, not just ****.

****, ****, ****, and **** have always been blocked as well. There might be a few more I'm omitting.

I thought cock got blocked, too~