November 19, 2017, 08:20:07 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402633 times)

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2180 on: November 23, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »
The best part about being an English teacher is being able to have conversations about the students in front of them. There was a fire drill at school today during one of my classes so my co-teacher told me about it while in front of the students (it was a surprise) and the only word my kids caught was "surprise" and assumed it was homework.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2181 on: November 23, 2016, 03:12:46 PM »
The best part about being an English teacher is being able to have conversations about the students in front of them. There was a fire drill at school today during one of my classes so my co-teacher told me about it while in front of the students (it was a surprise) and the only word my kids caught was "surprise" and assumed it was homework.

I think the best part of being a teacher is being able to control the candy flow, but talking in front of students is a close second  :laugh:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2182 on: November 23, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »
Was feeling guilty about how I didn't "do" anything at work today, so I looked up some lessons and filled out my plan for the rest of the semester. Shamelessly using Leo Fuchigami's lessons for three weeks, then one of my own that I used for summer camp that ties in well, and then a Christmas lesson where we make paper snowflakes.

Now I just have to figure out what we should do for winter camp, and then I can start berating myself for not looking for a new job rather than not doing my current job. Whoo!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2183 on: November 23, 2016, 03:35:34 PM »
Was feeling guilty about how I didn't "do" anything at work today, so I looked up some lessons and filled out my plan for the rest of the semester. Shamelessly using Leo Fuchigami's lessons for three weeks, then one of my own that I used for summer camp that ties in well, and then a Christmas lesson where we make paper snowflakes.

Now I just have to figure out what we should do for winter camp, and then I can start berating myself for not looking for a new job rather than not doing my current job. Whoo!
Haha, I have definitely used most of his lessons throughout three semesters at this school and taken a few ideas of some others to tweak.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2184 on: November 24, 2016, 08:48:35 AM »
I figured out what the grassy smell is that I have been smelling the last few days... it's the green tea that one of my coworkers brought for everyone. I just opened the tea that she gave me to make some and am currently being overwhelmed by cut grass.

Still not sure about the other tea scent.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2185 on: November 24, 2016, 08:56:03 AM »
I figured out what the grassy smell is that I have been smelling the last few days... it's the green tea that one of my coworkers brought for everyone. I just opened the tea that she gave me to make some and am currently being overwhelmed by cut grass.

One of my favourite smells.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2186 on: November 24, 2016, 09:02:56 AM »

Bed sheets and pillow cases that have been washed and dried outside in fresh air.  Wonderful!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2187 on: November 24, 2016, 09:08:53 AM »

Bed sheets and pillow cases that have been washed and dried outside in fresh air.  Wonderful!
And fire and the ocean and fresh cut wood. Mmm.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2188 on: November 24, 2016, 09:09:31 AM »
I have mentally checked out for the day.

I keep trying to get back on task, but I'm just all:

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2189 on: November 24, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
Napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!

There are primary colours and primary tastes, but did you know that there are also primary odours? About 7 of them, apparently.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2190 on: November 24, 2016, 09:13:44 AM »

There are primary colours and primary tastes, but did you know that there are also primary odours? About 7 of them, apparently.

"pepperminty"

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
« Reply #2191 on: November 24, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
Principal dragged me to a children's choir performance last night. We went to shinsaegae and I awkwardly looked at expensive jackets while she did some Christmas shopping, and then the performance. At first I was really impressed because all the kids are like middle-school aged and they had a really good tonal quality for the classical songs they opened with, ended with frustration at the Kirby Shaw and spirituals because their conductor seems to have no concept of how to create energy in a piece. It was nice enough, though, and one of my students is in the choir, so I'm looking forward to her surprise when I tell her I saw it.

It also made it easier for me to reject her invitation to a children's orchestra performance on Sunday haha

This sounds terrible. Can't you say no? Are you going to recontract? Sunday is your day!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2192 on: November 24, 2016, 09:44:50 AM »
I'm at one of my travel schools today, and this afternoon all of the teachers are going to another school to play volleyball. There will probably be a couple of people left pottering around but only a few and the P and VP will be gone...

I'm thinking about running away early...not super early, just like 4.10 ish instead of 4.40, but I am such a scaredy cat about getting told off.

What would you all do?

Offline waywardtimelord

• Adventurer
« Reply #2193 on: November 24, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Daegu is supposed to release renewal results today. Why am I so nervous about this?

Sigh.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2194 on: November 24, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »

Ethereal = dry cleaning fluid??  :laugh: :laugh: Not things that I would have associated together

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2195 on: November 24, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
...There are primary colours and primary tastes, but did you know that there are also primary odours? About 7 of them, apparently.

Ethereal = dry cleaning fluid??  :laugh: :laugh: Not things that I would have associated together
Lol! I think 'ethereal' refers to ethereal oils, aka essential extract oils.

YoungMin

« Reply #2196 on: November 24, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
Forgot to change my fantasy football captain last weekend. ****** international break messed up my equilibrium. 

YoungMin

« Reply #2197 on: November 24, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2198 on: November 24, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

A golf ball and a beginners guide to golf book.  :P

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2199 on: November 24, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
Principal dragged me to a children's choir performance last night. We went to shinsaegae and I awkwardly looked at expensive jackets while she did some Christmas shopping, and then the performance. At first I was really impressed because all the kids are like middle-school aged and they had a really good tonal quality for the classical songs they opened with, ended with frustration at the Kirby Shaw and spirituals because their conductor seems to have no concept of how to create energy in a piece. It was nice enough, though, and one of my students is in the choir, so I'm looking forward to her surprise when I tell her I saw it.

It also made it easier for me to reject her invitation to a children's orchestra performance on Sunday haha

This sounds terrible. Can't you say no? Are you going to recontract? Sunday is your day!

I don't mind terribly because she's just trying really hard to be nice. I'm not recontracting, but it has nothing to do with her.