November 19, 2017, 08:21:43 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402639 times)

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2160 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
I've lived in Korea for nearly three years and only just found this out.

I've been pronouncing the Kakao character Apeach's name as "에이 peach".

Turns out his name is actually pronounced "어 peach".

:shocked:

For the few months here I thought that thing was supposed to be an ass. Finding out that it was a fruit was soul altering.

I still prefer to think of it as an ass haha.

Lol, same. The only time I use it is when joking with my wife I send the one where it's facing away.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2161 on: November 21, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
From the Kakao page that Jenni uploaded:
APEACH: A mischievous, silly fruit
APEACH is a genetically modified peach that left the orchard to seek adventure. This playful and wild creature is not afraid to show off its backside, which may remind you of something other than a peach.

That is perfect. I think I can leave Korea happy and completed now.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2162 on: November 22, 2016, 07:35:10 AM »
Yesterday, I learned that peppers is not something I want to smell during a high-intensity cardio workout.

I also learned that I should not be allowed anywhere near green-tea cake after a workout.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2163 on: November 22, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »
It's insane how popular the Kakao Friends all are. I have a Muji coffee mug and a Ryan mug, too. They literally make me happy when I use them.

ha are you me?! I look forward to my morning coffee everyday cause I drink it from my Tube mug.  :azn:

I used to think the obsession with the characters was a little strange, but once you let the kakao love flow through you, your life really does get better  ;D

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2164 on: November 22, 2016, 08:40:13 AM »
It's insane how popular the Kakao Friends all are. I have a Muji coffee mug and a Ryan mug, too. They literally make me happy when I use them.

ha are you me?! I look forward to my morning coffee everyday cause I drink it from my Tube mug.  :azn:

I used to think the obsession with the characters was a little strange, but once you let the kakao love flow through you, your life really does get better  ;D
I think he Line characters are a bit more popular, but yeah, the obsession with both is weird, haha. Good weird though. I love Ryan, he is so darn cute!

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2165 on: November 22, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »
I think all of the kakao friends are weird. I don't like them. /comeatmebro

I love Line Friends, though. The stuff you can buy from Line Friends stores may be way overpriced, but they're well-made, so of course I've got a few things here and there.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2166 on: November 22, 2016, 09:39:15 AM »

I love Line Friends, though. The stuff you can buy from Line Friends stores may be way overpriced, but they're well-made, so of course I've got a few things here and there.
Ryan is really the only one I would get something off. He was a good new addition. I think in general Line is cuter. Except for James. He gives me the eebie jeebies.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2167 on: November 22, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
Ryan is really the only one I would get something off. He was a good new addition. I think in general Line is cuter. Except for James. He gives me the eebie jeebies.

You have a lion fetish?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2168 on: November 22, 2016, 09:45:30 AM »

You have a lion fetish?
Haha, oops.

But I think thats more up this guys alley.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2169 on: November 22, 2016, 09:51:56 AM »

Ryan is my favorite, too. Those eyebrows.

And yeah, I don't like any of the human Line Friends. They're weird and creepy, especially Boss. I can barely stand Moon, either.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2170 on: November 22, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »
I hated Ryan at first.  It felt weird that they were adding another "main" character.

But he grew on me quickly and now he's my favourite  ;D  I think it's because he has such classic emoticons already (furiously typing on his keyboard while looking worried and the trembling face zoom shot are all time faves of mine).

My family in the UK all use Whatsapp and it's so boring!

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #2171 on: November 22, 2016, 11:51:34 AM »
Coteacher brought me Jeonju chocopies from his home town. Can't wait to devour them when I get home.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2172 on: November 22, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »
I hated Ryan at first.  It felt weird that they were adding another "main" character.

But he grew on me quickly and now he's my favourite  ;D  I think it's because he has such classic emoticons already (furiously typing on his keyboard while looking worried and the trembling face zoom shot are all time faves of mine).

but encrypted.

I agree that the emojis here make texting an elevated experience. I'm so happy I got my family back home hooked on Kakao. Apple's preinstalled emojis are so bland and unevocative they make me cringe~

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2173 on: November 22, 2016, 12:25:40 PM »

Ryan is my favorite, too. Those eyebrows.

And yeah, I don't like any of the human Line Friends. They're weird and creepy, especially Boss. I can barely stand Moon, either.
Ohhh yeah. I had to look up Boss, and he is weird. I don't really get Moon. He is weird and boring.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2174 on: November 22, 2016, 03:06:01 PM »
So the other day I went home a little early since I felt sick.

Today I find a small pile of oranges on my desk. Lol. Not sure if that was directly related to my brief absence the other day or what but all I know is I ain't getting scurvy!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:41:29 PM by yirj17 »

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2175 on: November 22, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »

my friends back home are super-excited that whatsapp has just introduced video calling.

i'm like "uuhhh.....been using that for ages on kakaotalk already"  :laugh:

it was the same thing with voice calling.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2176 on: November 23, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »
Principal dragged me to a children's choir performance last night. We went to shinsaegae and I awkwardly looked at expensive jackets while she did some Christmas shopping, and then the performance. At first I was really impressed because all the kids are like middle-school aged and they had a really good tonal quality for the classical songs they opened with, ended with frustration at the Kirby Shaw and spirituals because their conductor seems to have no concept of how to create energy in a piece. It was nice enough, though, and one of my students is in the choir, so I'm looking forward to her surprise when I tell her I saw it.

It also made it easier for me to reject her invitation to a children's orchestra performance on Sunday haha

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2177 on: November 23, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
THE CAT LIVES IN THE BAKERY. And there were people this time, so I bought some bread. They threw in a freebie into my bag too (either a doughnut or a croquette, haven't tried yet so not sure).

Then while waiting at the bus stop with the old ajummas, a random man delivered a box to one of the old ladies. Inside was a puppy. Super adorable, ran over to me and I gave it all the pets. So soft~

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2178 on: November 23, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
...a random man delivered a box to one of the old ladies. Inside was a puppy.
They're lucky it was just a puppy. That dude puts some odd things in parcels, let me tell you!

Offline gagevt

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #2179 on: November 23, 2016, 03:00:04 PM »
...a random man delivered a box to one of the old ladies. Inside was a puppy.
They're lucky it was just a puppy. That dude puts some odd things in parcels, let me tell you!

I just had a box that took two weeks to get approved by Korean customs, when it should have taken about 2-3 days. And now I just imagined finally getting that box (it was quite large) and opening it only to find a bobcat... That would have been some pretty potent salt in the wound.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."