November 19, 2017, 09:16:11 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 402337 times)

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2100 on: November 17, 2016, 12:27:21 PM »
Thank you, both, this has been driving me up the wall.

Also, if you search 프라모델 풀 there's a slightly more expensive UHU brand one that might be better quality. That Pig Bond life probably isn't top shelf.

What do you need it for, anyways?

Mostly for projects that involve pictures and thin sheets of paper. My inner wannabe-OCD rages whenever I see bubbling and bleeding that didn't need to be.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:29:32 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2101 on: November 17, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
Piggybacking on to the glue thing, I'm looking for industrial strength glue dissolvant, any ideas?

Do you need a spray, or a liquid? You can buy really good adhesive removal spray at - wait for it - Daiso. It's like 3000 for a can, and it works respectably well.

Also, isopropyl rubbing alcohol works great if you have something gummy you need to remove.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2102 on: November 17, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
Yeah I don't know why either, he is just treating me like I'm a massive inconvenience when really I just want the whole thing over with so I can forget Korea ever happened  :laugh: the sooner he helps the sooner i will be off his back!
Sounds like you arent the only person who has trouble dealing with that person.

Anyone else find the JLP co-ordinator to be about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition?

I'm curious as to what that's about. Wonder if DLJL would mind elaborating...

The guy is an absolute armpit of a human being and he's stealing a living. No problem, no matter how big or small, is beyond his ability to be utterly useless and offer no assistance whatsoever.

"My school signed a contract which commits me to teaching 35 hours a week for six months before I even got here. That wasn't what I signed up for, I'm far too over worked and stressed and can't do it. Please help me."

Competent human being: they absolutely should not sign a contract which compels you to work beyond what your contract says you should. Extra hours are always optional, like I say at orientation. I'll get onto the school immediately and tell them you can't keep doing so many hours and that in future they should wait and consult with the NET before signing them up to such a heavy workload without their permission.

What that useless human fart cloud says: hmmm sorry but you should probably just do it.

He bills himself as the 'go to guy' for anyone in need yet everyone I know who has ever required his help, with 100% consistency, reports back that he's a useless, obtuse arse cake. 

Any time a school comes up with a ludricuous excuse for awful behavior, you can count on him to totally buy it, no matter how ridiculous, and tell you it was all your fault. He's also completely bought into the Korean culture of 'oh I'm just so busy' and acts like reading and replying to an email is a strenuous work load.

Honestly, **** that guy.

I like that description and will probably steal it for describing some future degenerate.

On the serious, that really blows. Like how does that even work? I didn't know schools could sign contracts like that.  :huh:  >:(

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2103 on: November 17, 2016, 01:05:48 PM »
Got new seat cushions today. Got some French phrase on them.

Today my coworker told me to hide all my desk papers/books (which are neatly in dividers on my desk) in a cabinet because an inspector is coming tomorrow. Lol

Post it and I'll translate it.

T'is very brief: Beau monde. PARIS.

If google is accurate, I'm now parking my duff on a "beautiful world."

While eating ice cream one of the teachers brought in. Fabulous life.  8)

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2104 on: November 17, 2016, 01:15:02 PM »

C'est correct!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2105 on: November 17, 2016, 01:31:57 PM »
Got new seat cushions today. Got some French phrase on them.

Today my coworker told me to hide all my desk papers/books (which are neatly in dividers on my desk) in a cabinet because an inspector is coming tomorrow. Lol

Post it and I'll translate it.

While eating ice cream one of the teachers brought in. Fabulous life.  8)

Hahahha, yeah, you don't need me for that.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2106 on: November 17, 2016, 02:43:38 PM »
I guess now that the university exam has happened there will be the yearly spike of suicides and whole families will perish...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2107 on: November 17, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »
Last night I was lazy so I made gravy from scratch but just ate it with saltine crackers.

Actually pretty good!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2108 on: November 17, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
Piggybacking on to the glue thing, I'm looking for industrial strength glue dissolvant, any ideas?

Do you need a spray, or a liquid? You can buy really good adhesive removal spray at - wait for it - Daiso. It's like 3000 for a can, and it works respectably well.

Also, isopropyl rubbing alcohol works great if you have something gummy you need to remove.
The rubbing alcohol won't cut it, cuz this is very very strong glue. Its holding weight carrying boards together. The spray may work... I'll try it at least. What is it called, do you remember?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2109 on: November 18, 2016, 08:31:43 AM »
Heard some loud crinkling sounds so I look over and see a teacher unwrapping what looks like a towel. Look over again and he's standing over it with a knife-- it's actually a cake. Lol

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #2110 on: November 18, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »
What are you guys doing this evening?

Anything fun planned?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2111 on: November 18, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »
I'm tempted to travel out somewhere so that I can have an excuse for getting a hotel room with a bathtub that I can soak in for about an hour or two.

Soooo tempted.

But I'm just going to stay home, turn the phone off, shower, and veg in bed. Maybe buy some ice cream to keep me company while I watch a bunch of 80s flicks.

You?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2112 on: November 18, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »
Might have a welcome bbq for some new people in the neighborhood. Otherwise I'm very much looking forward to relaxing, watching TV, and tidying up a bit.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2113 on: November 18, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »
Teacher: "Big brother is coming."
Me: "???"
Teacher: "Boss man. Coming now."

An entourage of official looking men with photographers and camera men troop into the office. After greetings and shaking of hands and some brief words from two of the men, they all departed as swiftly as they had come.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2114 on: November 18, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
Hah, I remember those guys. They're like the Lego Batman.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2115 on: November 18, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
Going to watch Brokeback Mountain with the gf, make some rice nuruk (fermentation starter for mak), go to Paju for a party, go to Left Coast Burger, go to Jongno for a webtoon artist exhibition and buy some fresh vanilla pods for some mak brewing.

Maybe get some sleep.  ;D

Offline DLJL

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2116 on: November 18, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »
Yeah I don't know why either, he is just treating me like I'm a massive inconvenience when really I just want the whole thing over with so I can forget Korea ever happened  :laugh: the sooner he helps the sooner i will be off his back!
Sounds like you arent the only person who has trouble dealing with that person.

Anyone else find the JLP co-ordinator to be about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition?

I'm curious as to what that's about. Wonder if DLJL would mind elaborating...

The guy is an absolute armpit of a human being and he's stealing a living. No problem, no matter how big or small, is beyond his ability to be utterly useless and offer no assistance whatsoever.

"My school signed a contract which commits me to teaching 35 hours a week for six months before I even got here. That wasn't what I signed up for, I'm far too over worked and stressed and can't do it. Please help me."

Competent human being: they absolutely should not sign a contract which compels you to work beyond what your contract says you should. Extra hours are always optional, like I say at orientation. I'll get onto the school immediately and tell them you can't keep doing so many hours and that in future they should wait and consult with the NET before signing them up to such a heavy workload without their permission.

What that useless human fart cloud says: hmmm sorry but you should probably just do it.

He bills himself as the 'go to guy' for anyone in need yet everyone I know who has ever required his help, with 100% consistency, reports back that he's a useless, obtuse arse cake. 

Any time a school comes up with a ludricuous excuse for awful behavior, you can count on him to totally buy it, no matter how ridiculous, and tell you it was all your fault. He's also completely bought into the Korean culture of 'oh I'm just so busy' and acts like reading and replying to an email is a strenuous work load.

Honestly, **** that guy.

I like that description and will probably steal it for describing some future degenerate.

On the serious, that really blows. Like how does that even work? I didn't know schools could sign contracts like that.  :huh:  >:(

That's just one example. I know another person who had a similar situation of working more hours than they should have been, and asked for help. His 'help' was to call up the school and ask how many hours the NET was working. The school lied and said no more than the standard 22.

He then sent an email to the NET basically saying "i've talked to the school and it seems like what you're saying isn't true."

Another job well done from your friendly, helpful JLP co-ordinator.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2117 on: November 18, 2016, 12:26:22 PM »
I'm going to laminate a small child. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2118 on: November 18, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »
The strange smelling tea is back...

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2119 on: November 18, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
I really hope that my school doesn't change books next year. I don't expect them to, but I've had a bird shit on me three times in my life and I don't like those odds.

I'm at that time in my life again where I want to get a dog, but I won't because I need a bigger place for that. I just wish I could crochet puppy legwarmers and have a point for doing it.

I've recently decided to change my cubicle into a "hidden" interactive game. It will be colorful and special and will brighten up my work day. Intrigue and confusion shall be invoked in the office for the next coming few weeks.

The day is running far too slowly today.

@ CO2: post pics

@ HaLo3: INVESTIGATE