September 27, 2017, 03:30:47 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 357737 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1960 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:45 PM »
Getting new glasses last week did not solve my nausea/dizziness problems. Planning to go to the hospital with my coteacher on Thursday - I hope it works out this time. The worst part of all this is that it's very hard to get work done. Once I've started feeling dizzy and sick, the only thing that makes it go away is taking a nap/lying down for a while.

why does my body hate meeeeee

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1961 on: November 08, 2016, 01:33:06 PM »
School lunch of Sweet and Sour chicken turned out to be Sweet and Sour Cuttlefish!

Still good but not what I was expecting.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1962 on: November 08, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »
School lunch of Sweet and Sour chicken turned out to be Sweet and Sour Cuttlefish!

Still good but not what I was expecting.

Squid is infinitely better than chicken. Also how do you get that and chicken confused?

Also, I hate 'sweet and sour' sauce. Too much sugar poison in it. But if it's on my lunch tray, I have to eat it anyways.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1963 on: November 08, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
#basedcowboyshirt, was there a time when you did consume sugar? 

Do you feel healthier now that you don't?  Do you feel that you look healthier?  Genuine questions from my own curiosity!

If I gave up all junk food I'd be expecting some pretty serious changes in how I felt and looked to make it worthwhile  :P

Kudos to your diet!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1964 on: November 08, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »

Do you feel healthier now that you don't?  Do you feel that you look healthier?  Genuine questions from my own curiosity!

If I gave up all junk food I'd be expecting some pretty serious changes in how I felt and looked to make it worthwhile  :P

Kudos to your diet!

No, eating any significant amount of processed sugar makes me feel super dizzy and my energy immediately crashes. So, I avoid it whenever possible. And also, sugar is terrible for your health. I don't avoid it for health reasons, though. It just makes me feel disgusting and awful.

Also, I look terrible and generally feel terrible all the time. I don't think this is related to sugar.

Also, junk food is overpriced and has very few nutrients, so if you eat it, you're basically exchanging literal money (valuable) for empty calories (not valuable).

So yeah, it's just a happy coincidence that I can't eat sugar and that sugar is terrible.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1965 on: November 08, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »

Kudos to your diet!

No, eating any significant amount of processed sugar makes me feel super dizzy and my energy immediately crashes. So, I avoid it whenever possible. And also, sugar is terrible for your health. I don't avoid it for health reasons, though. It just makes me feel disgusting and awful.

Also, I look terrible and generally feel terrible all the time. I don't think this is related to sugar.

Also, junk food is overpriced and has very few nutrients, so if you eat it, you're basically exchanging literal money (valuable) for empty calories (not valuable).

So yeah, it's just a happy coincidence that I can't eat sugar and that sugar is terrible.

Haha tell me about it!  I'm in the same boat  :laugh:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1966 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
So far, since my one coteacher decided I seem hungry and need food I have received...
day 1: four chewy candies
day 2: two fun-size candy bars
day 3: two full-size candy bars and a sleeve of crackers
day 4: one full-size candy bar and a sleeve of crackers
day 5: one full-size candy bar
day 6: one bag of jelly candies

I decided today to bring food to school precisely due to her incessant gifts of candy to me, so that she would hopefully stop, but realized after she gave me the jelly candies that she works on the complete opposite side of the office so she will likely never see me eating my food.

It's very nice of her, and it's not that I don't like being given things, but I don't like the sense that everyone sees me and even think I need them to be giving me food. Also if I'm gifted candy I feel compelled to eat it and my increase in candy consumption is certainly not healthy.

sigh

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1967 on: November 09, 2016, 12:16:30 PM »
I guess one of my cots has been increasingly concerned by my not eating lunch?

I have classes with her three days a week. On Monday, she gave me four small candies. On Wednesday, she gave me two fun-size candy bars. Today, she gave me a sleeve of crackers and two full-size candy bars.

I'm honestly fine not eating lunch but I'm starting to think I need to figure out something to eat because this has been getting a little ridiculous. First the principal and her muffins and bringing me food from the cafeteria, now this. I just don't have much time to prepare lunch before school, and I don't want to just eat cup ramyeon or some equally processed instant food every day.

Sigh

Can you cook the night before and store the meal in your fridge?
It's what I do since I don't have time to cook before work as well.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1968 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »
Did everyone just die overnight?

This is the slowest I've seen this site during the week.

EDIT: You know what, nevermind, I know what it is.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:37:01 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1969 on: November 09, 2016, 04:42:22 PM »
When returning to my main school today, I realized there's actually a bakery in my travel school's town. It was en route to the bus stop, so I hopped in to check out the wares.

There was a cat sitting on the bread table. And an odd absence of any humans. I perused the goods while the cat observed my every move. Ended up not buying anything so I didn't call out to see if I could flush out a human.

Cat made as if to follow me out the door. I have no idea if it wandered in and couldn't get out or if it actually lives there.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1970 on: November 09, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »
Did everyone just die overnight?

This is the slowest I've seen this site during the week.

EDIT: You know what, nevermind, I know what it is.

Duh. hahahahaha
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1971 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
When returning to my main school today, I realized there's actually a bakery in my travel school's town. It was en route to the bus stop, so I hopped in to check out the wares.

There was a cat sitting on the bread table. And an odd absence of any humans. I perused the goods while the cat observed my every move. Ended up not buying anything so I didn't call out to see if I could flush out a human.

Cat made as if to follow me out the door. I have no idea if it wandered in and couldn't get out or if it actually lives there.

I needed something this pure in my life today

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1972 on: November 09, 2016, 05:27:51 PM »

Maybe the cat was the worker... Like in that Miyazaki movie.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1973 on: November 10, 2016, 09:20:15 AM »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1974 on: November 10, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »
sometimes when reading through threads I see my own posts and I think "wow, that person has like the exact same problem as me!"

I've never been very quick

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1975 on: November 10, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
I think it's weird how some phone shop workers stand outside looking for business and literally grab people as they're walking past (usually men grabbing the arm of a woman) then walk alongside them for a few feet.  Very odd.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1976 on: November 10, 2016, 10:17:26 AM »
had that happen to me. he badgered me about buying a phone and even when I said "no, I'm leaving Korea in a few months, I don't need a Korean phone" he tried to convince me that I should be buying my phone in Korea rather than America. when that didn't work he tried to sell me on renting a phone for the rest of my time here.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1977 on: November 10, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »
I think it's weird how some phone shop workers stand outside looking for business and literally grab people as they're walking past (usually men grabbing the arm of a woman) then walk alongside them for a few feet.  Very odd.

I always thought similar about the suit making guys in Itaewon in the summer.  'Suit, sir?'  In this humid heat, are you kidding me?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1978 on: November 10, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »
I've got the next 2 periods free and I'm thinking about starting my Christmas shopping. I'm excited for this year!

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1979 on: November 10, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »
Same, I love Christmas shopping, but I'm stuck on what to get my brother this year. I always have some idea by now, a little concerned that I have absolutely nothing in mind atm.

I once gifted my brother with his "missing" xbox controller that I'd stolen about a month before Christmas. It was from Santa, he never did find out who was responsible for it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment