September 25, 2017, 05:05:40 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 356469 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1780 on: October 21, 2016, 06:28:51 PM »
You have some of the cutest KTs at your school. Makes me jealous.

I think I'm going to walk for about 4-5 hours after work today. Now I just have to decide on a few destinations to make that happen because I can't just walk to walk (even though that's usually why I'm doing it).

Wish I could just go hiking after work for that long but it gets dark fast now and, I'll admit, I get scared being on a mountain at night. It's hard to see and I believe in monsters.
Same. I'll be perfectly fine and then suddenly get in my own head and freak myself out and I have to get out of there fast. Who knows what could be lurking.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1781 on: October 21, 2016, 06:40:18 PM »
Supposedly there are wild fanged deer where I live but I have yet to see any. Caution, y'all.

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #1782 on: October 21, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »
I'm going to Japan tomorrow.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1783 on: October 21, 2016, 06:43:40 PM »
From what I can google, they seem pretty cute though:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1784 on: October 24, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »
That sounds like the kinda deer that they had on The Oregon Trail game that would bite you to death.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1785 on: October 24, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »
That sounds like the kinda deer that they had on The Oregon Trail game that would bite you to death.

What?! I remember sometimes dying in the river or characters dying of disease but biting deer?!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1786 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:54 PM »

What?! I remember sometimes dying in the river or characters dying of disease but biting deer?!
Yeah, we [played it in our history class and my friends character died after he failed at going hunting. :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1787 on: October 24, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
What age is too young to show a clip of the Nightmare Before Christmas? For example, the intro song, "This is Halloween."

I remember watching it when I was a wee 'un and I never had nightmares but I was more afraid of Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas, for some reason she freaked me out when I was a child.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1788 on: October 24, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »
What age is too young to show a clip of the Nightmare Before Christmas? For example, the intro song, "This is Halloween."

I remember watching it when I was a wee 'un and I never had nightmares but I was more afraid of Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas, for some reason she freaked me out when I was a child.
I showed it to my elementary students and they were all fine with it (5th and 6th). And Grandmother Willow was a freaky piece of work.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1789 on: October 24, 2016, 04:12:52 PM »

My 4th graders were totally unimpressed...I got a 'not scary teacher' from them  :laugh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1790 on: October 24, 2016, 05:13:12 PM »

My 4th graders were totally unimpressed...I got a 'not scary teacher' from them  :laugh:

:laugh: I was actually thinking about this just last week because I'm considering using the movie for winter camp. I don't really think it's that scary, but who knows. I think I will use it anyway; the bigger problem is finding a version with Korean subtitles.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1791 on: October 24, 2016, 05:24:49 PM »
I'm turning into an ajumma. I like trot music and am listening to it at my desk.

it's okay though because I think ajummas are badass and I want to be like them

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1792 on: October 24, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »
I'm turning into an ajumma. I like trot music and am listening to it at my desk.

it's okay though because I think ajummas are badass and I want to be like them

Ajummas are badass. :laugh: They don't give a s*** about anything.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1793 on: October 24, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
Ugh, so on top of the fact that it's Monday, I only got an hour and a half of sleep last night. I just couldn't fall asleep so I stared at the ceiling all night and then noticed it was getting brighter and thought "s***." I also made myself a cup of coffee earlier but forgot about it and now it's cold. Woe is me.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1794 on: October 24, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
I feel you on the sleep. I was determined to go to sleep early because of aforementioned sickness and because I had to come to work early today, but instead I laid in bed feeling anxious and really present in my body in an uncomfortable way. Like "oh my god everything is touching me"

thankfully I was very alert and didn't feel like death teaching 4 classes in a row for the first time in weeks.

(I seriously want to embody everything ajumma. The aesthetic, the attitude, all of it. haha)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1795 on: October 24, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
I feel you on the sleep. I was determined to go to sleep early because of aforementioned sickness and because I had to come to work early today, but instead I laid in bed feeling anxious and really present in my body in an uncomfortable way. Like "oh my god everything is touching me"

thankfully I was very alert and didn't feel like death teaching 4 classes in a row for the first time in weeks.

(I seriously want to embody everything ajumma. The aesthetic, the attitude, all of it. haha)

:laugh: I don't know why this is so funny to me. I guess you can start by getting short, permed hair. The attitude might be cheaper to start off with, on second thought. :laugh:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1796 on: October 24, 2016, 05:50:54 PM »
For a while I was really making an effort to buy clothes from those street vendors in super ajumma style but honestly most of them are too poorly made to be worth the effort.

I don't even need a perm. If I cut my hair short it would automatically be ajumma hair. But I've been dedicatedly growing it for three years so... haha

I gotta learn some of these trot songs to sing at noraebang though

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1797 on: October 24, 2016, 06:05:42 PM »
Cool. I teach as young as 3rd grade and I don't see my kids getting scared but thought I'd feel out others' opinions. ^^

I did manage to find a Korean subtitled version of "This is Halloween" but it was on Korean youtube and won't be available if you're logged into an account that's not Korean. Fingers crossed it stays up (posted a few years ago so I feel it should be fine) otherwise they'll just have to deal hahah

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1798 on: October 24, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »
Cool. I teach as young as 3rd grade and I don't see my kids getting scared but thought I'd feel out others' opinions. ^^

I did manage to find a Korean subtitled version of "This is Halloween" but it was on Korean youtube and won't be available if you're logged into an account that's not Korean. Fingers crossed it stays up (posted a few years ago so I feel it should be fine) otherwise they'll just have to deal hahah

Just download it. I've never had issues but I also don't rely on Youtube to work when I need it to. I showed a bunch of shorts this summer camp as a warm-up to each day but I downloaded all of them beforehand. :azn:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1799 on: October 24, 2016, 06:44:59 PM »

Just download it. I've never had issues but I also don't rely on Youtube to work when I need it to. I showed a bunch of shorts this summer camp as a warm-up to each day but I downloaded all of them beforehand. :azn:

I downloaded it as an mp4 but my computer was unable to play it :( I even tried to convert it for windows media player but then the sound disappeared ><

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment