November 20, 2017, 05:36:48 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 403827 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1680 on: October 18, 2016, 07:53:16 AM »
 >:( you left this bread on your desk. we don't do that
:undecided: uh I'm sorry
>:( you shouldn't leave the bread on your desk like that
:undecided: ok
>:( you need to put it in a box, because of the bugs
:undecided: where should I have gotten a box?
>:( you can put it in a box
:undecided: where can I get a box?
>:( or in a plastic bag
 >:( you shouldn't eat it because of the bugs
>:( it's up to your decision but I recommend not to eat it
>:( (continues looking at me expectantly)

Less than 5 minutes in the door and this woman finds something to hassle me about

sometimes I feel like I get unreasonably annoyed at her but it's not that hard to be like "oh, here are some boxes/plastic bags, if you are going to leave some bread at school it's better to put it in a box"

but nah, she always has to make it as if I'm a child who has never done anything in my life and made some terrible mistake that I should have known better not to do, and practically lecture me about it while being unsatisfied with my responses

it's bread

it's not going to kill me

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1681 on: October 18, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »

Less than 5 minutes in the door and this woman finds something to hassle me about

sometimes I feel like I get unreasonably annoyed at her but it's not that hard to be like "oh, here are some boxes/plastic bags, if you are going to leave some bread at school it's better to put it in a box"

but nah, she always has to make it as if I'm a child who has never done anything in my life and made some terrible mistake that I should have known better not to do, and practically lecture me about it while being unsatisfied with my responses

it's bread

You barbarian! Don't you know civilised people carry boxes with them just in case?! Cats know how it's done.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1682 on: October 18, 2016, 08:35:23 AM »
it's bread

Alexander Fleming wants a quick chat....

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1683 on: October 18, 2016, 08:39:36 AM »

it's bread

Also, they totally do do that. I see teachers passing out slices of cake and bread and everything and just leave it sitting on the others desks. No boxes or anything, just on a piece of paper.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1684 on: October 18, 2016, 08:43:11 AM »
yeah things that are left out for a while are totally fine... and of all the things that would attract bugs, bread is one of the least likely. the biggest risk with bread is that it will get stale, so I covered it with a napkin

meanwhile sliced fruit is left out all day until it's swarming with fruit flies and people still eat it

I think she gets off on giving me a hard time about trivial and completely pointless things
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:44:59 AM by moonbrie »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1685 on: October 18, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »
yeah things that are left out for a while are totally fine... and of all the things that would attract bugs, bread is one of the least likely. the biggest risk with bread is that it will get stale, so I covered it with a napkin

meanwhile sliced fruit is left out all day until it's swarming with fruit flies and people still eat it

I think she gets off on giving me a hard time about trivial and completely pointless things

I had a co-teacher like that in my first year. She loved to criticise me so she would go out of her way to find things to criticise. She was always really passive aggressive about it, too, like "How can you find anything on your desk?" *smirk* like okay bitch, your own desk has wrappers from snacks from two weeks ago, your socks that you took off the other day, a banana from a few days ago, and a small paper cup full of your own phlegm as well as the usual papers, pens, and books all over the place. My desk just had the textbooks from all the different grade levels and my file folders strewn all over and my mug. Granted, I didn't wash my cup at the end of each day; I usually washed it the next morning but it's just coffee. It's not going to grow mould overnight and it was still a lot better than leaving my phlegm in a cup on my desk for days and continuing to spit in it daily.

Offline rowdes

• Veteran
« Reply #1686 on: October 18, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »
Just a rant..

Is anyone else irritated with the new education rules where all classrooms must have the kids sitting in groups? having taught here for over 6 years, I have found this to be highly unproductive, as the kids just talk to one another. (I've always had them in rows/columns, all facing the front)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1687 on: October 18, 2016, 10:45:05 AM »
Just a rant..

Is anyone else irritated with the new education rules where all classrooms must have the kids sitting in groups? having taught here for over 6 years, I have found this to be highly unproductive, as the kids just talk to one another. (I've always had them in rows/columns, all facing the front)

I'm not aware of this rule... All of my students sit in the rows / columns and some of the homerooms at my school have their classrooms set up in the same way. Is this a regional policy?? :huh: Also, I agree that sitting in groups makes the class unproductive. I just have the kids form groups when the activity calls for it.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1688 on: October 18, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
It's always strange when the co-teachers pick pop songs to sing in class. Hearing a bunch of ten year olds yelling

Who cares if we're trashed, got a pocket full of cash we can blow oh oh oh,
Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

I imagine they go home and ask their parents what "Dancing Juice" is.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1689 on: October 18, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »

You really captured the nuance of her speech! Konglish perfectly executed~

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1690 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
It's always strange when the co-teachers pick pop songs to sing in class. Hearing a bunch of ten year olds yelling

Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

Don't be obtuse. It's about the message of the song: getting married on a reckless, drunken whim. You know, follow your heart. :undecided:

Offline rowdes

• Veteran
« Reply #1691 on: October 18, 2016, 11:50:58 AM »
Just a rant..

I'm not aware of this rule... All of my students sit in the rows / columns and some of the homerooms at my school have their classrooms set up in the same way. Is this a regional policy?? :huh: Also, I agree that sitting in groups makes the class unproductive. I just have the kids form groups when the activity calls for it.

It's in effect over in Daegu. Not sure about other regions.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1692 on: October 18, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »
Just a rant..

Okay, so that's why I haven't heard of it but that's a stupid policy. Some teachers like having group seating assignments and if that works for them, great, but typically, there is a reason certain teachers choose certain seating arrangements. I feel for you. :cry:

Offline bluehermione

• Veteran
« Reply #1693 on: October 18, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »
Just a rant..

Okay, so that's why I haven't heard of it but that's a stupid policy. Some teachers like having group seating assignments and if that works for them, great, but typically, there is a reason certain teachers choose certain seating arrangements. I feel for you. :cry:

I'm in Daegu but I've never heard of this rule. :shocked: I always start my kids off in rows and columns and have them make groups later if needed, for the same reason you both mentioned.

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1694 on: October 18, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »

Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

At my first school, there was an English singing festival. We did that song and some Maroon 5 song which also was not that great. After the students had already memorized them, my CoT decided to ask me if the songs were ok.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1695 on: October 18, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »
The seating arrangement seems to change every so often, varying from rows/columns to rows of connected desks to cluster groupings. Or at least for my travel school where I go from homeroom to homeroom. Grade 6 has been pretty consistent though as are my middle schools

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1696 on: October 18, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »

Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

At my first school, there was an English singing festival. We did that song and some Maroon 5 song which also was not that great. After the students had already memorized them, my CoT decided to ask me if the songs were ok.

I don't wanna play no games
You don't gotta be afraid
Don't give me all that shy shit
No make-up on
That's my

Sugar

We did this song. Oi vey.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1697 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

Another day, another A++ moonbrie post.

These days, I feel like yirgacheffe, moonbrie, and CO2 are the best reasons to keep coming back to Waygook.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1698 on: October 18, 2016, 01:47:17 PM »
These days, I feel like yirgacheffe, moonbrie, and CO2 are the best reasons to keep coming back to Waygook.

Thanks, Mister.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1699 on: October 18, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »

Thanks, Mister.

I have some like 2.5 - 3 year old 누룩. Will it still be decent if I try to make some mack? My 찹쌀 is like 2 years old, too. And my yeast is like 3 years old. But it's been in the fridge.

Do I need to buy new stuff, or can I just use this old stuff that I never got around to using?  I need fall mack.