September 21, 2017, 09:31:20 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 353155 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1460 on: October 06, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
One middle school book I stole a glance at had the phrase "It makes feel high" included as a response to how full of joy the character was over some school trip or something.

I'm going to make myself a real cake today. No more of this sweetened bread BS for me.

But first, I need to finally tackle the minefield that is my kitchen -- I've been avoiding it all week, it's time to get back to adulting.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1461 on: October 06, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »
Stayed up all night Facetiming with a long distance man-friend (sigh) and I am so stupid tired. The kiddos have exams so luckily I don't have class but I just want to eat something bad for me and go home and sleep forever.

YoungMin

« Reply #1462 on: October 06, 2016, 01:00:33 PM »
Stayed up all night Facetiming with a long distance man-friend (sigh) and I am so stupid tired. The kiddos have exams so luckily I don't have class but I just want to eat something bad for me and go home and sleep forever.

I've literally just fallen asleep at my desk and been woken by the end/start of lesson school bells for the past 2 hours. Feels like it should be about 4pm and it's just turned 11.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1463 on: October 06, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling so sleepy haha I have no classes today, as well, and it's making the day go by sooo slowly. This site isn't really that active right now, either, so I'm quite bored with no lessons to plan and nothing to do. :sad:

Offline Steel rails

• Explorer
« Reply #1464 on: October 06, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »
What's with so many people at work today with no classes and nothing to do?
I'll take my answer off the air.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1465 on: October 06, 2016, 01:09:59 PM »
Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling so sleepy haha I have no classes today, as well, and it's making the day go by sooo slowly. This site isn't really that active right now, either, so I'm quite bored with no lessons to plan and nothing to do. :sad:

When I have classes and stuff to do, I do loads and chat to students in the corridors, and generally be on the ball.  I have no classes this week as it is self study time and then next week is test time.  I have planned everything up until October 28th.  Maybe I see if I can get some part time mafia racket going.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1466 on: October 06, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »

When I have classes and stuff to do, I do loads and chat to students in the corridors, and generally be on the ball.  I have no classes this week as it is self study time and then next week is test time.  I have planned everything up until October 28th.  Maybe I see if I can get some part time mafia racket going.

Yeah, I have lessons planned through next week, but I don't like to plan too ahead of time because it leaves me with absolutely nothing to do later on. I already massively cleaned my classroom on Tuesday and had no classes yesterday so it's still clean; I've already taken all of my exams and submitted my grad school application; I've read all of my books that I have at home; sigh. I have no classes tomorrow, either. I guess I'll head over to the bookstore today after work. Any recommendations anyone?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1467 on: October 06, 2016, 01:20:27 PM »
What kinda books do you like?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1468 on: October 06, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »

Yeah, I have lessons planned through next week, but I don't like to plan too ahead of time because it leaves me with absolutely nothing to do later on. I already massively cleaned my classroom on Tuesday and had no classes yesterday so it's still clean; I've already taken all of my exams and submitted my grad school application; I've read all of my books that I have at home; sigh. I have no classes tomorrow, either. I guess I'll head over to the bookstore today after work. Any recommendations anyone?
What are you into? I just finished books 1 and 2 in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books series (though I have nooooo idea if they'll be in a bookstore) and am reading the 100 Year Old Man Who Jumped Out of a Window right now. I read it a while ago, but Night Circus was great, and Miss Peregrines are good too!

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1469 on: October 06, 2016, 01:32:56 PM »
I'll read pretty much anything except romance lol but I'd like something that's well-written and thought-provoking, I guess.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1470 on: October 06, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »

What are you into? I just finished books 1 and 2 in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books series (though I have nooooo idea if they'll be in a bookstore) and am reading the 100 Year Old Man Who Jumped Out of a Window right now. I read it a while ago, but Night Circus was great, and Miss Peregrines are good too!

Thanks! I'll look into them. :D

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1471 on: October 06, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »

I've literally just fallen asleep at my desk and been woken by the end/start of lesson school bells for the past 2 hours. Feels like it should be about 4pm and it's just turned 11.

I stayed up until 2:30 playing Bioshock Infinite. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1472 on: October 06, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »
Lol I stayed up nearly that late. Started playing Arc the Lad. Gonna work my way through the collection. I didn't begin till after 11pm which was already a mistake in of itself  :laugh:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1473 on: October 06, 2016, 02:15:53 PM »
I can't answer that, but I can suggest that next time you fire up the ol' game machine, you put this into your accompanying playlist. Great late night gaming music, I find!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1474 on: October 06, 2016, 02:22:30 PM »
I can't answer that, but I can suggest that next time you fire up the ol' game machine, you put this into your accompanying playlist. Great late night gaming music, I find!

Well, I do see a lot of people laying on the sidewalk in Korea. Very fitting, I suppose.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

YoungMin

« Reply #1475 on: October 06, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
AgentMichaelScarn,

You have been issued a formal warning for trolling with the thread: "Could the real Sonny please stand up! ".

Please review the terms and conditions of Waygook.org http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2425.0.html and cease trolling otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Waygook.org Team.

BE CAREFUL FOLKS, THE BANTER POLICE ARE OUT IN FULL FORCE TODAY.  :afro:

YoungMin

« Reply #1476 on: October 06, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »

New GTA update got me until 2am.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1477 on: October 06, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »

I've not done that to myself since Championship Manager on the Amiga and then it was Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time) on the N64 and then Portal 1 and 2 on my laptop.  What are we spanning there 22 years?

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1478 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:39 PM »
BE CAREFUL FOLKS, THE BANTER POLICE ARE OUT IN FULL FORCE TODAY.  :afro:

You love the bantz

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1479 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

I've not done that to myself since Championship Manager on the Amiga and then it was Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time) on the N64 and then Portal 1 and 2 on my laptop.  What are we spanning there 22 years?

I had to google what an Amiga was. I did grow up with Ocarina of Time though :D

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment