September 22, 2017, 01:42:34 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 353900 times)

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1400 on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:25 PM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

I was actually afraid people might think something like "Chin's sweaty" whenever they saw my username.

Well now that youmention it...  :P haha. Have you ever tried Pocari Sweat? Strange Japanese beverage. Unfortunately the name fits

Pocari is hell of bangin'. It's the best hangover cure in the world, next to eating a salty tomato.

Damn straight. If I'm not drinking water or coffee (or beer), it's Pocari Sweat. Don't let the name throw you. It's delicious. ;D

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1401 on: September 29, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

I was actually afraid people might think something like "Chin's sweaty" whenever they saw my username.

Well now that youmention it...  :P haha. Have you ever tried Pocari Sweat? Strange Japanese beverage. Unfortunately the name fits

Pocari is hell of bangin'. It's the best hangover cure in the world, next to eating a salty tomato.

Damn straight. If I'm not drinking water or coffee (or beer), it's Pocari Sweat. Don't let the name throw you. It's delicious. ;D

It is delicious, but don't forget, it does have lots of sugar (basically poison). So, enjoy in moderation.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1402 on: September 29, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »
I'm wondering if this is weird. Here's the setup: there was big social shindig with some of the local schools and when it came time to eat snacks (there were pork slices and kimchi), I ate a slice of meat sans kimchi. A teacher from another school thought I didn't know how to eat the traditional way (I actually just don't like kimchi) so he wrapped a piece of meat in kimchi and then proceeded to feed it to me. Some female teachers from his school burst into giggles.

Is this weird? I don't know if I was being treated like a child (he didn't seem much older than I am) or if it was a strange way of flirting. The laughing female teachers made it really awkward.  :blank: :-[ :blank:

you woman. he man. all women in korea children. all man know everything, and all women must do what man say all time. listen to supreme knowledge of korean man.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1403 on: September 29, 2016, 04:46:22 PM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

It is delicious, but don't forget, it does have lots of sugar (basically poison). So, enjoy in moderation.

Sounds like you have some firsthand experience in enjoying Pocari Sweat to excess. Was that when you knew you had hit rock bottom and finally turned your life around? :afro:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1404 on: September 29, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »
Yes.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1405 on: September 29, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
Pocari sweat reminds me of a sweeter version of pedialyte. I just want to shout ELECTROLYTES whenever I see it

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1406 on: September 29, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »
Pocari sweat reminds me of a sweeter version of pedialyte. I just want to shout ELECTROLYTES whenever I see it

I have also seen a canine version called "Pet Sweat".

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1407 on: September 30, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »

Never ever have I heard or used the word 'delicious' to describe a drink.  Really. 

'Handsome' and 'delicious' are two words that have lost all meaning to me in Korea.

:-[

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1408 on: September 30, 2016, 10:23:24 AM »

Never ever have I heard or used the word 'delicious' to describe a drink.  Really. 

'Handsome' and 'delicious' are two words that have lost all meaning to me in Korea.

It is not that unusual...

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/drink/worlds-50-most-delicious-drinks-883542/

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1409 on: September 30, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
Anything from a hotel mini bar?? Seems like a lame entry  :undecided:

Also, red bull?! I mean it's like a sugar bomb but I would have imagined there would be tastier drinks to bump it off the list

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1410 on: September 30, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/drink/worlds-50-most-delicious-drinks-883542/

To be fair and not wanting to start a British English/American English flame war, that is an American website, written by someone called Cheung.  I might allow mango lassi as that is more substantial as a drink, more like a milkshake. But I would think for something less viscous like Pocari Sweat, you don't use the 'd' word.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1411 on: September 30, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »

To be fair and not wanting to start a British English/American English flame war, that is an American website, written by someone called Cheung.  I might allow mango lassi as that is more substantial as a drink, more like a milkshake. But I would think for something less viscous like Pocari Sweat, you don't use the 'd' word.

I wouldn't exclaim loudly that Pocari Sweat is delicious while drinking it but I think in the context of the above convo it's use was appropriate.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1412 on: September 30, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
Ever have a redbull milkshake? xD

Gasian

« Reply #1413 on: September 30, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »
Today, for the first time I am winging a class with material downloaded form waygook about 15 minutes ago. This feels like a huge accomplishment for an OCD type like myself. I am just too exhausted and really just want to focus on the fact that I am getting pizza for supper.

I am also truly excited that it is a long weekend. I intend for one of those days to be a proper pyjama day. Yay!!!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1414 on: September 30, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »

:huh: This sounds so wrong

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1415 on: September 30, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »
That's a real thing? :huh:

Offline Scrotes

• Explorer

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1418 on: September 30, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »

That was just the first site for my google search "delicious drinks".  I can't support the writer's opinions on several of those, but most of them are better than Pocari Sweat, IMHO.

How would a British person describe a drink they liked without using "delicious"?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1419 on: September 30, 2016, 01:07:51 PM »

:huh: This sounds so wrong

I was trying to stay awake for exams, this was something like my 3rd all-nighter, and I was at an late-night cafe where they served them. I'd already taken a caffeine pill right before drinking this thing.

I probably could have vibrated through walls after.

Didn't taste that bad. It was almost like liquid skittles.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment