October 19, 2017, 04:17:50 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 374462 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1380 on: September 29, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

I was actually afraid people might think something like "Chin's sweaty" whenever they saw my username.

Well now that youmention it...  :P haha. Have you ever tried Pocari Sweat? Strange Japanese beverage. Unfortunately the name fits

Yes, I've made the mistake of purchasing it from a vending machine before. xD

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1381 on: September 29, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
OKAY so have you ever noticed that...all the rooms are on the same side of the school...but like in every school. Think about it. I all the schools I've had, the classrooms are always on the South and the hallway to the North. Is that a coincidence or on purpose? There are sometimes an odd classroom or two on the other side but for the most part this is what I've noticed.

my middle school and my mentor's middle school are both like this. The buildings even face the same way (vertical E-W)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1382 on: September 29, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
This morning I forgot my Thurs. & Wed. schools switched days this semester so when I looked at the class schedule I thought it was Wed. Fortunately my coT kept saying there was a schedule change until I realized it is Thurs. and not Wed. Hahah.

Wonky schedule today though. Instead of having back to back classes in the morning, they're all over the place now, including one in the afternoon.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1383 on: September 29, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
I.... wha....

I've made a handful of posts about my new principal, but she is seriously a character. She was up in the teacher's office just a minute ago and said hi to me as usual. This morning, though, I took a shower before coming to school and I have my wet hair up in a bun.

She went, oh no! your hair is wet! and then she started.... blowing on my hair with her breath, and then used a piece of paper to fan it. My cot, sitting next to me, asked, don't you have a hair dryer? I explained that would damage my already dry hair, and because it's long it takes forever to try either way

She just sits there next to me cracking up about the principal's antics

Definitely the strangest thing that's happened since I got here

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1384 on: September 29, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
Your new principal is really entertaining. Seems harmless but very much a character  :laugh:

Did she ever stop by your apt? How'd that go, if so?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1385 on: September 29, 2016, 11:31:02 AM »
She definitely is. I never know what she's going to do next  :P

she hasn't come to my apartment yet, thank goodness. It's a total disaster yet. I'm wondering if I should buy some food and put it in my refrigerator before she comes so I can pretend I'm a real person lol

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1386 on: September 29, 2016, 11:41:56 AM »
Hahaha, oh my. I'm not sure how I would feel about the principal blowing on my hair. I found it odd enough when my last principal told me I had such nice style and asked if I dressed myself.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1387 on: September 29, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
That's kind of strange lol. I mean, it would definitely be weird to the point of being uncomfortable if she was a man, but since she's a woman it's just kind of like oh, how wacky!

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1388 on: September 29, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »
I secretly really want one of those "human tape recorder" teaching jobs that some people have.

The thought of coming in to school and not having to plan or prepare (or worry about) anything for at least a year sounds quite good!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1389 on: September 29, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »
I secretly really want one of those "human tape recorder" teaching jobs that some people have.

The thought of coming in to school and not having to plan or prepare (or worry about) anything for at least a year sounds quite good!

I wouldn't mind that for elementary. Then I could just zone out and not have to do all this prep that often gets foiled by my coT

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1390 on: September 29, 2016, 01:11:20 PM »
A few of my coTs wanted me to act as a human tape recorder at the beginning of this year, but I just pretended I didn't know what they were talking about and did whatever I wanted anyway.

Count myself lucky that I don't have any really crazy-controlling/sabotaging coTs.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1391 on: September 29, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »
I'm wondering if this is weird. Here's the setup: there was big social shindig with some of the local schools and when it came time to eat snacks (there were pork slices and kimchi), I ate a slice of meat sans kimchi. A teacher from another school thought I didn't know how to eat the traditional way (I actually just don't like kimchi) so he wrapped a piece of meat in kimchi and then proceeded to feed it to me. Some female teachers from his school burst into giggles.

Is this weird? I don't know if I was being treated like a child (he didn't seem much older than I am) or if it was a strange way of flirting. The laughing female teachers made it really awkward.  :blank: :-[ :blank:

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1392 on: September 29, 2016, 01:16:49 PM »

I wouldn't mind that for elementary. Then I could just zone out and not have to do all this prep that often gets foiled by my coT

I think I'd genuinely love it.  Even though planning is a little easier now that I have some experience, I still find myself thinking about it a lot outside of work and sometimes stressing about coming up with good stuff.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1393 on: September 29, 2016, 01:24:13 PM »
I'm wondering if this is weird. Here's the setup: there was big social shindig with some of the local schools and when it came time to eat snacks (there were pork slices and kimchi), I ate a slice of meat sans kimchi. A teacher from another school thought I didn't know how to eat the traditional way (I actually just don't like kimchi) so he wrapped a piece of meat in kimchi and then proceeded to feed it to me. Some female teachers from his school burst into giggles.

Is this weird? I don't know if I was being treated like a child (he didn't seem much older than I am) or if it was a strange way of flirting. The laughing female teachers made it really awkward.  :blank: :-[ :blank:
Depends, how big was the food wrap? My bf told me that the bigger it is, the more love it shows, haha.

But otherwise, a little pushy and maybe patronizing, but probably not flirty. I have had female CoT's feed me before (though at least I knew them).

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1394 on: September 29, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »
Yeah, I've been fed by like ajumma aged people before. This felt odd especially since I'd literally just met the guy. Fun times in Korealand~

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1395 on: September 29, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »

I think I'd genuinely love it.  Even though planning is a little easier now that I have some experience, I still find myself thinking about it a lot outside of work and sometimes stressing about coming up with good stuff.

I had a friend in Japan whose job is human tape recorder. When I was telling her about some of my frustrations with school, namely that even though I do lesson planning, I have almost no freedom with it. She seemed pissed that I didn't ~love~ my job just because it was better than hers.

Every kind of setup has its pros and cons. Human tape recorder = more free time, little sense of satisfaction; Teaching = more self-satisfaction, little free time.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1396 on: September 29, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »
I love my setup with middle schools. The books aren't too bad in terms of topics though some lessons are kind of awkward. I just use the vocab. & key terms and otherwise don't use the book when planning lessons.

Elem. sucks because even though I have to plan lessons (I'm restricted to using the vocab in the books though I'm not allowed to actually use the book  :rolleyes:) and all the activities, my coT's interference sometimes reduces me to that of a tape recorder anyway. Like, I did not make these PPTs for YOU to teach off of you hag.  >:( :evil:

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #1397 on: September 29, 2016, 03:53:17 PM »

I thought I was the only one.  I wish jobs would advertise using the words "human tape recorder".  I would apply in a heart beat.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1398 on: September 29, 2016, 04:02:15 PM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

I was actually afraid people might think something like "Chin's sweaty" whenever they saw my username.

Well now that youmention it...  :P haha. Have you ever tried Pocari Sweat? Strange Japanese beverage. Unfortunately the name fits

Pocari is hell of bangin'. It's the best hangover cure in the world, next to eating a salty tomato.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1399 on: September 29, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
Also Pocari has less sugar than Gatorade (which is basically sugar water poison, gross).

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment