September 21, 2017, 09:35:12 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 353167 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1360 on: September 28, 2016, 11:55:24 AM »
hol-eeee sheeeeet

So, last night my phone apparently died while I was sleeping. Usually I can wake up on time without an alarm, but this morning, not so much. I woke up a full 15 minutes after I was already supposed to be at school, and got on the bus a full hour after I usually do. I was terrified I was going to be yelled at, since my boss cot was really mean to me when I was 10 minutes late a couple of times.

I got to school, she just sighed and told me to talk to the vice principal and principal. The vice principal just asked if I needed a phone charger and if I wanted to bring my phone to the service center (it's a few years old and its battery life has been decreasing), and the principal (the really nice/overbearing one) just gave me a hug and said she was worried and then gave me one of those weird pouches of juice (grape juice, if anyone's curious). Then she made a fuss over how cute it was that the grape juice matched the dark purple shirt I'm wearing today.

I'm sure if I was late again like this they would be angry, but this is certainly not the reaction I expected! lol

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1361 on: September 28, 2016, 01:14:07 PM »
hol-eeee sheeeeet

So, last night my phone apparently died while I was sleeping. Usually I can wake up on time without an alarm, but this morning, not so much. I woke up a full 15 minutes after I was already supposed to be at school, and got on the bus a full hour after I usually do. I was terrified I was going to be yelled at, since my boss cot was really mean to me when I was 10 minutes late a couple of times.

I got to school, she just sighed and told me to talk to the vice principal and principal. The vice principal just asked if I needed a phone charger and if I wanted to bring my phone to the service center (it's a few years old and its battery life has been decreasing), and the principal (the really nice/overbearing one) just gave me a hug and said she was worried and then gave me one of those weird pouches of juice (grape juice, if anyone's curious). Then she made a fuss over how cute it was that the grape juice matched the dark purple shirt I'm wearing today.

I'm sure if I was late again like this they would be angry, but this is certainly not the reaction I expected! lol
I reccommend an actual alarm clock. It's old school, but a little more reliable. As an added bonus, they tend to be louder, so you can place them farther away from your bed. If you haqve to physically get up to turn off the alarm, it basically eliminates the need for a snooze button.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1362 on: September 28, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
hol-eeee sheeeeet

I reccommend an actual alarm clock. It's old school, but a little more reliable. As an added bonus, they tend to be louder, so you can place them farther away from your bed. If you haqve to physically get up to turn off the alarm, it basically eliminates the need for a snooze button.

Usually I wake up with no problem before the alarm even goes off though. Today was just an aberration. 

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1363 on: September 28, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »
Usually I wake up with no problem before the alarm even goes off though. Today was just an aberration.
Dat vocab doe.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1364 on: September 28, 2016, 02:31:42 PM »
I use both an alarm clock and my phone -- the alarm clock is super shitty, that's why I double it up with my phone. Battery-operated, doesn't even glow in the dark so that I can see the time without having to get out of bed.

I want to purchase a new one, but I also want it to be cute/pretty. I haven't found one that fits that parameter that wasn't also just as shitty as my old one.

I don't want to have to order something like that online, but I don't think I'll have a choice.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1365 on: September 28, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »
Am I the only one who occasionally thinks yirgacheffe and yirj17 are the same person? I'm always getting confused.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1366 on: September 28, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »
Am I the only one who occasionally thinks yirgacheffe and yirj17 are the same person? I'm always getting confused.

Same. and Kayos and Kyndo, although Kyndo's Stitch pic helps~

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1367 on: September 28, 2016, 02:54:31 PM »
I tried changing my user name long ago but my message was ignored or missed. Ah well.

Whenever I see yirgacheffe I always hear "giraffe" in my head.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1368 on: September 28, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »
I tried changing my user name long ago but my message was ignored or missed. Ah well.

Same. I always read her username as, "You're a giraffe."

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1369 on: September 28, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »

Same. I always read her username as, "You're a giraffe."

I think of it as like a special type of chef. A yirga chef. Maybe some kind of alien?

Ever since someone made that joke about your name chinguetti, I always think of "mom's spaghetti"

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1370 on: September 28, 2016, 03:40:16 PM »
Chinguetti always makes me think of pasta  :laugh:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1371 on: September 28, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
OKAY so have you ever noticed that...all the rooms are on the same side of the school...but like in every school. Think about it. I all the schools I've had, the classrooms are always on the South and the hallway to the North. Is that a coincidence or on purpose? There are sometimes an odd classroom or two on the other side but for the most part this is what I've noticed.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1372 on: September 28, 2016, 04:47:01 PM »
OKAY so have you ever noticed that...all the rooms are on the same side of the school...but like in every school. Think about it. I all the schools I've had, the classrooms are always on the South and the hallway to the North. Is that a coincidence or on purpose? There are sometimes an odd classroom or two on the other side but for the most part this is what I've noticed.

Not in either of my schools. The classrooms are all over.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1373 on: September 28, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, though, I do that, too. I sometimes read a post thinking "When did that happen to me?!?!?!?!" :huh: until I double check the name.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1374 on: September 28, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »
What Stitch picture?
 :smiley:

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1375 on: September 28, 2016, 05:29:14 PM »
What Stitch picture?

Is it the How to Train a Dragon dragon?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1376 on: September 28, 2016, 05:29:14 PM »
What Stitch picture?

I knew I should have screen-captured. You're just out to ruin my good name :blank:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1377 on: September 28, 2016, 06:22:17 PM »
Is it the How to Train a Dragon dragon?
:huh: Please!
It's the Cheshire cat.  ;D

You're just out to ruin my good name :blank:
I try.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:25:01 PM by kyndo »

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1378 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:29 PM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

I was actually afraid people might think something like "Chin's sweaty" whenever they saw my username.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1379 on: September 28, 2016, 09:05:06 PM »
YAAAAAASSS, pasta. c:

I was actually afraid people might think something like "Chin's sweaty" whenever they saw my username.

Well now that youmention it...  :P haha. Have you ever tried Pocari Sweat? Strange Japanese beverage. Unfortunately the name fits

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment